Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hard Shut Down  (Read 2312 times)

k9paws

Hard Shut Down
« on: April 23, 2006, 08:24:30 PM »

Well I know this has been [posted before and there was a reply, but due to some ***@@@*##*$%^^&*&&^%$#$#@ hacker I'll ask again.
Last Sunday I did a 450 mile ride, the last two times I shut the bike off it made a loud clunking sound. Has anyone ever had this happen or have any ideal what would cause it? I'm taking it in for the 8000 mile service this week, a little early as I only have about 7300 on it, but I'm getting ready for a long to GA the end of May and want to make sure everything is right.
Take Care and Ride Safe

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
Re: Hard Shut Down
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 09:36:42 PM »

Well I know this has been [posted before and there was a reply, but due to some ***@@@*##*$%^^&*&&^%$#$#@ hacker I'll ask again.
Last Sunday I did a 450 mile ride, the last two times I shut the bike off it made a loud clunking sound. Has anyone ever had this happen or have any ideal what would cause it? I'm taking it in for the 8000 mile service this week, a little early as I only have about 7300 on it, but I'm getting ready for a long to GA the end of May and want to make sure everything is right.
Take Care and Ride Safe

Happens to me all of the time. I just shrug if off.......... ::)
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Swampfox

Re: Hard Shut Down
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 10:37:57 PM »

Take it out of gear first and if that doesn't help leave it in gear and use the kill switch that is your clutch dropping it load.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal