Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ride Around Texas  (Read 3893 times)

Dusty

Ride Around Texas
« on: April 23, 2006, 02:49:39 PM »

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting up the the three musketeers ( RD,(I can remember that) TxGaboy (Bought my breakfast and I can't remember his name :-[) It really sux not haveing old post to look back on :-[ & QuickSilver (Jerry...he has his name on his seat.....ok, had to come back and modify this one....his name is on his BIKE seat) yesterday afternoon in beautiful Buna, Tx. Intersection of Hwy. 96 and Hwy 62 in SE. Texas. I was accompanied by TomVTX uhhhh...{Tom) who road in from Blanco, TX and RockNRoll who lives somewhere around Houston.Irritating bastage J/K Pete  :)

Anyway, The musketeers had hooked up with VTXREX (Kenny from Temple,Tx or somewhere in that general direction...Maybe a condo in Condensate,TX...I really can't remember) in Center,TX around 3:00pm.

When we first met, these guys looked beat...That, I'm really sick of being on this bike kind of look. I mean, after eight days of riding what do you expect? I heard RD say something about 3,000 miles so far later in the evening. But I'm here to tell you, after getting off the bikes, shaking some hands and going through introductions for those who had not met before, as the the conversation started to build you could see the excitement about thier excursion start to build. These guys had been having a blast. They were tired, having left somewhere around north of Dallas that morning but they were ready to make the run to Groves,Tx to a Meet and Greet at Maw-Maw's (Pat) and Bubba's (That's East Texas for Bubba....I can honestly say that if Bubba has another name, I have never heard it and probably wouldn't use it at this point) house who are active in numerous bike and charity organizations.

Pat had been cooking for three days...that's right, (3) DAYS  :o
She had 5 gallons of chicken gumbo, around 2 pots of rice, about 5 loaves of (french?) bread...all sliced, I'm guessing but I would say about 20 to 25lbs of home made potato salad, lemonade, and tea, others that were already there had brought soft drinks and water. Now Bubba said Pat did all the cooking....Bubba, I may be single now, but I was married for 20 years...you did something...it may have been just staying the ##$)(^%^ out of the way, but brother, you did something  8). I think it went something like this...Gumbo was made Thursday. Pat told me that she cooks her gumbo all day long when she makes it. She made it and then froze it for Sat. Then Friday, she made the deserts...OMG STRAWBERRY/ BANANA PUDDING WITH WHIPPED CREAM ON TOP AND A CRUST ON THE BOTTOM THAT WAS TO DIE FOR AND ON TOP OF THAT,,,,,,,,SHE MADE A GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH A HOMEMADE ICEING THAT WAS BETTER THAN ANY I HAVE EVER HAD. That's saying a lot because German Chocolate Cake is my favorite,....... or was, that strawberry/banana pudding has me wondering now. You wouldn't want to leave me alone with either one of them if you had other guest to feed.  ;D

Anyway, after a couple of three hours Pete had to head home (really hated to see you ride off alone Pete, after all, I offered you a tent and a sleeping bag.  ;) Wish you could have stayed. You missed a damn good BS session.
Shortly after Pete left we all started saying our goodbyes...talking bikes and mods.....eating more.....talking mods....eating more dessert....showing off lights...talking trips & mods and then starting the prep for the 30 miles to my house. We said our goodbyes to Bgreer(Bryan) and Patti, James (Tinman) and ???? His wife, (who has her own bike now, 650 KAWA....is that right? Definatly a good looking bike) , Randy (TxCajun) and ????? His Wife. You ladies can hurt me later...I am terrible at names. And last but not least, the couples on the Goldwing and the Trike. It was a pleasure to visit with you and hear of your travels.  If I left anyone out...I am truly sorry. Just invite me for free food and I promise to remember your names.

Now, before leaving, Pat gave me detailed instructions on how to get out of the neighborhood and headed North towards Lumberton. I have only lived here for 52 years so you can understand how I COULD HAVE EASILY GOTTEN TURNED AROUND. As it was, we only made a one mile circle before heading off in the right direction. I promise RD, I didn't leave you behind on purpose.  :P We had a nice leisurely 30 mile ride to my house where I tried to finish making preparation for everyone to sleep, thinking, these guys must be zonked and ready to shower and go to bed only to find myself still up at midnight tossing back a few brews and laughing my a$$ off. What a crew. To have spent so much time on the rode, in each others company and still enjoying themselves made me wish that I had made this trip.

When I ask what time they were going to get up, I was shocked to hear 5:30 or 6:00. But they did. We ate breakfast at the local Waffle House and were on the road to Galveston by 8:30. Except for the the spotty fog, it was a great morning to be riding. I said my goodbyes to RD,VTXREX,TOMVTX,QUICKSILVER and TxGABoy on the Port Bolivar Peninsula where they were going to catch the Ferry to Galveston. I headed back North thinking back on what a good time I had had over the last couple of days and what a great group we have here. At one point I even thought about trying to catch up with the midcounty group who were headed for the lakes but since it was 10:00 and they were leaving at 11:00 I gave it up and came home to catch a Sunday afternoon nap.

Hope everyone had as good of a time as I did this weekend. These guys will be getting back home to San Antonio, Leander, Canyon Lake, Temple and Blanco late this evening. Boy are they going to be surprised to see the new board and all the old post gone. I'm sure they will be glad to be home and get to sleep in thier own beds tonight.

I'm looking forward to hearing more of the RAT tales and seeing some pics.

Everyone Ride Safe and I'll see you all at the BBTIII or the BBTIII 1/2.

Bill

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 05:52:13 AM by Dusty »

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
Re: Ride Around Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 06:16:46 PM »

Dusty - Thanks for putting everything down for us.  It was a GREAT time seeing everyone.  Pat and Bubba opened their home to us like we were family.  We went though it like starving RATs. (In honor of the Ride.)  I'm sure the place was a shambles by the time ya'll left.

Pat and Bubba - Thank you so much for the true southern style hospitality!!!  Words are far to cheap to express our heartfelt thanks!!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

ghostrider

• Tejano
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »

Thats what Im talking about, I will make plans to make it next year.

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 07:25:09 PM »

Bill, sorry you missed the ride to the lake today.  We really had a great time.  Jerri, Tinman's wife, did an outstanding job of riding the curves with us.  It was hard to believe she is a new rider. 
Bubba and I really enjoyed having everyone over last night.  It was so good to be able to put some faces with the board names.  And yes, I will feed ya'll next year if you decide to do it again. :-*
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 07:36:08 PM »

Yeah, everything Bill has already said.  Had a great time riding and can't even begin to say how much we appreciated Bill putting us up and leading us around the area.  Thanks to MawMaw for the gumbo...man that had to have been the best I've ever eaten.  Needless to say I was stuffed when we left.  Was an awesome weekend and I know the RAT riders are glad to be home.  Sorry they can't see all the posts we kept up under RAT UPDATE...Before I left Friday morning to go to "Lumbeerton" it had been viewed 300+ times, so there was lots of interest in keeping up with these guys....Glad they made it home safe.

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 08:49:17 PM »

bill thanks for the real story, really enjoyed it sorry i couldn't make the trip down with tom, sure sounds like ya'll had a good time, sure sorry i missed out on the gumbo and the great sounding desserts. :) :)
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 09:05:57 PM »

Wow Bill, sounds like they inspired You for sure! I didn't know you had it in you!!!! And, yeah, they were having a good time together up here in this area also. What a bonding experience they had together! Sleeping and riding each other....errrr that should have been riding together ::. Ain't no brokeback $hit here!!!!( don't ask... don't tell). Seriously, times of war, and hardships bond like no other. Congrats to RD, qweeksdraw and TXgaboy.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

Tom and I are 2/9ths RATS! I realy had a good time! Thanks again to Pat and Bubba For the GREAT food and a meeting place where they didn't ask us to leave. Thanks to Bill for the after hours speak easey and a place to sleep! Pet let me know if you need a place on the 28th of June ( Coloradical III ) stop over. And thanks to the RATS for not making me ride 2 miles behind, Thanks for putting up with my stuff. Ride Safe and See y'all soon. What will I do without the mean green icon????? :-\ :-\ :-\
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal