Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hill Country Ride  (Read 2002 times)

crawdaddy

Hill Country Ride
« on: April 23, 2006, 12:48:25 PM »

We need to start the ride board again.

I'm planning a ride to the hill country (around Leakey) on June 1-4 (Thursday to Sunday). I'm starting in Dallas and plan to get to the Leakey area Thursday evening. Ride the whole area on Friday / Saturday and head back to Dallas on Sunday. There are a few good hotels / cabins / bed&breakfast in the area to stay 3 nights.

Anyone interested? I've been doing this ride each year since 2002. It's a ton of fun and ride about 300 miles a day.

Let me know if you'd like to join the group. Each year I've done this in either April or May. This is the latest I've done this and hope to avoid rain.

Crawdaddy
Curt Crawford
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:14:27 AM by crawdaddy »

ghostrider

• Tejano
Re: Ride Board?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 01:19:36 PM »

Sound good to me, I can probably hook with you on FRI or Sat, need a hill country ride. :) :)

crawdaddy

Re: Hill Country Ride
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 11:22:10 AM »

Sounds great. This is starting to come together. I've just reserved 3 cabins at D'Rose Inn & Cabins in Leakey. Each cabin has two beds (varies in size) and the biggest has seperate bedrooms and the smallest does not. Prices for each night are $80, $95, and $125. These guys were rated number one lodging in Texas by Ride Texas. If we get a small group together we can have BBQ's there by the cabins. http://www.droseinn.com/index.html

I know I've got a couple of friends from Dallas who may join up. First come first serve on this trip. Let me know if you want one of these cabins or want to find someone to share one with. I'm going to use the $125 night cabin and find someone to split it with me. There are also two other cabins available at this time that are not reserved yet.

Looking forward to this trip. I know I'll need the brake from work!

Crawdaddy

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal