Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chile Cook Off - Traders Village, Saturday, November 15th  (Read 2284 times)

Casper

• Rider
  • The friendly ghost!
Chile Cook Off - Traders Village, Saturday, November 15th
« on: November 11, 2008, 10:48:51 PM »

Tons of award winning cook teams from thoughout Houston will be cooking up some of the best chili and beans in Southeast Texas.  There will be a live auction and taster's cups available for a donation to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.  Should be a good cruising crowd there!
If you climb in the saddle . . . be ready for the ride!

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Chile Cook Off - Traders Village, Saturday, November 15th
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 07:37:45 AM »

Anybody want to cruise to TV for some CHILI?
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:48:02 PM »

Hmmmm...would like to but am riding out to El Campo to drop my bike off for warranty work...will have to see what time we get back into Houston area.

Eric, what time are you thinking of going?
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 05:26:26 PM »

I have to work on Saturday or I would go.  One of my best friends is in charge of this event.  He said to tell you to go to the North lot, and the North side gate to enter.  Once you are in ask for Jay Patterson, he will make sure you get into to the good teams booths and get to eat the best there. O0 O0

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 09:34:52 PM »

Hmmmm...would like to but am riding out to El Campo to drop my bike off for warranty work...will have to see what time we get back into Houston area.

Eric, what time are you thinking of going?

I don't have a time etched in stone. Just thought I'd put a feeler out there for anyone who may want to
cruise to the event.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »

I have just barely started twisting Wayne's arm...but it sounds like a fun thing to do Sat afternoon.

Matap, you almost sounded interested last night also; Bryce how about you?
"Lucky" Connie
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 09:50:50 AM »

I have just barely started twisting Wayne's arm...but it sounds like a fun thing to do Sat afternoon.

Matap, you almost sounded interested last night also; Bryce how about you?

Sounds interesting.... been a long time since i went to a chile cookoff

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »

:D Yeah, it sounds real good. I know i'm going to sound like a girl saying this, no offense Lucky, but i have to go shopping for some clothes for my cruise that i'm leaving on the end of this month.  Maybe i'll cancel that for another day, i have time.  So what time you guys plan on being there. :o
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 10:06:45 AM »

Should be a great day for hot blow of chile  O0
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 11:44:44 AM »

I have to work on Saturday or I would go.  One of my best friends is in charge of this event.  He said to tell you to go to the North lot, and the North side gate to enter.  Once you are in ask for Jay Patterson, he will make sure you get into to the good teams booths and get to eat the best there. O0 O0
Thanks a ton Bob...I am not ashamed to be a name dropper  ::)

Here is my plan for the day, anyone that wants to join up, feel free to...just let me know.

Head out of Deer Park around 8 am and take 59 to El Campo Cycles...drop off my bike and then head back roads up towards Brookshire, getting there around 11:30.  Take I-10 in towards town to the Eldridge exit and head straight to Trader's Village arriving around noon.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 11:51:16 AM by Lucky »
"Lucky" Connie

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:15 PM »

Connie,

I might also be interested in meeting up with you all, depending on how much I can get done in the morning.  How long do you plan to be at the cookoff?  Could you or Wayne PM with your cell phone number?  I'll PM you with mine.

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 05:23:04 PM »

Just got home from our day of riding.  It was cold as a mother-in-laws ---- this morning when Wayne, Bryce and I left to take my bike to El Campo...and the wind was horrible, but we made it and after leaving my bike in El Campo Cycle's care we headed off to Trader's Village for the chili cook off.  Got there around noon and meet up with Carol, so the four of us walked around and ate more chili then our bodies wanted, the catch phrase was "I am chili'd out".  A few were great, some were good, and some were uhhhhhh trash material.  We then walked thru part of Trader's Village itself.  Carol and I ended up spending some money on leathers, her a jacket and me chaps.  We then rounded the corner over to Honda of Houston and spent some more money.  All in all it was a great day...I totally enjoyed the company and the atmosphere. 
"Lucky" Connie

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal