Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Benefit for a good guy  (Read 781 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Benefit for a good guy
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:10:13 AM »

I've known the Hiltons for many years, and they have done more good deeds and favors for people than anyone could ever count. When I was guiding on Lake Conroe Larry stayed late more than once to work on my boat when I had a trip booked the next day, and when I worked Lake Patrol they came out at 2am more than once and worked on the patrol boat (I had no repair budget). Larry is arguably the best outboard diagnostics guy on Lake Conroe, Pete is a decorated ex-Marine and a hell of a nice guy. If you can make it, please show Larry some support. He's earned it many times over.

Community rallies for Quality Marine owner
Brad Meyer
Courier staff
07/14/2008
Email to a friendPost a CommentPrinter-friendly
LAKE CONROE – Since 1981, the owners of Quality Marine Service have been a source of help and assistance to lake area residents in need of help, and now the community is returning the favor.

A special fundraising event, complete with live music, barbecue and live and silent auctions, will be held from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday at Papa’s On The Lake to benefit Larry Hilton, owner of Quality Marine Service, who is awaiting a liver transplant.

“Larry and his dad Pete have been helping locals for a long time,” said Susanna Lougee, one of the organizers of the event to raise money to defray medical costs. “These are good people, and we want to help.”

Hilton, a 1981 graduate of Conroe High School, has been hospitalized twice for failure of his liver and other organs and will undergo a transplant when a suitable donor is located. The medical expenses associated with such a procedure will be an extreme hardship on the family, according to organizers.

“He’s a real fighter,” said Lougee. “He still comes into the shop every day to see if he can help.”

Quality Marine Service, located at 6465 Texas 105, has been selling and servicing boats, motors and aquatic devices on Lake Conroe.

According to Lougee, the business has a reputation for being more than fair and accommodating to area residents.

“They’ve done right by us,” she said. “We want to do right by them.”

Music by the Main Street band and barbecue will begin at noon Saturday at Papa’s On The Lake, located at 14632 Texas 105. A variety of activities, including a 50/50 raffle and silent and live auctions will be held.

Organizers are requesting donations for the auctions to raise funds for Hilton’s medical expenses.

For information on the event or to donate items for the auction, call Susanna Lougee at (936) 668-2162 or Carolyn Lupo at (936) 689-6880.

©Houston Community Newspapers Online 2008
02 1800C

larryw

• Old Timer
Re: Benefit for a good guy
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 04:10:14 PM »

I'll be there.
2004 VTX 1800N

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal