Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: RIDE TO THE OASIS/LAKE TRAVIS... MENS ONLY (pics added)  (Read 5338 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: RIDE TO THE OASIS/LAKE TRAVIS... MENS ONLY (pics added)
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 08:59:48 AM »

Oh man that SUCKS...I am so sorry to hear about you going down Robert....Like Ron said, if there is anything you need us to do make sure and let us know. 
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 04:25:32 PM »

Hey gang,

Thank you all for the well wishes and I sincerely appreciate the offers of assistance!  :) :) :)
It was a good day and a great ride around the hills of Austin! The 4 hour ride getting to the Oasis was just as much fun!! Jason, it was a pleasure to be a part of your "mens only ride"! I had a great time. I can't believe anyone thought is was cold coming home!?  ;D That fresh air felt good ... tho the little bit of rain did feel like my face was being pierced! LOL All the best to you and Lori in your upcoming wedding.

Yeah, to think that after all that riding through twisties and hills, I'm 30 miles from home following Ron through a small town at about 35mph, when I have to dump it. The van driver just wasn't looking carefully before starting to pull out after Ron had passed him. I knew he was there, I watched him all the way and thought I was known to him as Ron went by. Fortunately he did see me about to broadside him and stopped short of completing his left hand turn, but by then I was into a skid. But I was lucky not to wind up into or under the van.

The Van driver did stop and come to check on me, and he was the one to call 911 for the ambulance. I go to a bone doctor Tuesday to see if I need surgery or I hope just a cast for the two broken bones in my left leg/ankle. Darn glad I wore my riding boots this trip! Would have hated to see the X-rays had I not. And I'm sure that little plastic visor on my half shell helmet kept my face looking pretty!  ;)
The visor got scuffed up pretty good!

I haven't seen the bike yet, but Ron said the least expensive left side got banged up some. I'll be taking care of those arrangments as soon as I can so it's ready to roll as soon as I can shift a gear. And Ron was THE BEST! I don't know what I would have done without his every bit of concern for me and his help. We kept each other laughing while at the scene and in the Emergency Room! And he got me home. Ron, please tell Phyllis I'll return her call as soon as I can find her phone number!  ;D

$hit happens, but it feels good to know people care. Thank you all. See you soon!

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 04:39:44 PM »

Looks like a sucky ending to a great day! Glad your OK for the most part and still amongst us. O0 Like everyone else says if you need anything let me know, except for this thursday through monday. I will be out of town and no you can't ride Buck Rogers. :D ;D ;D ;D

Oh and Buck Rogers is actually b!tch! ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 08:16:39 PM »

Glad to hear you are ok and that you were wearing more gear then last time I saw you. Heal fast.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 08:56:17 PM »

haha...Buck Rogers <--- funny no?

Glad you're doing well enough to come on here and joke a bit.  Ron's offer of help extends to me as well.  Feel free to PM or e-mail me anything you need.

I'll pm my cell phone.
Chunk the llama.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 10:11:25 PM »

WOW......what a bummer. Glad to see you are OK. Take care and heal fast........... O0

Ron is a great friend to have on your side.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

McLovin

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »

WOW......what a bummer. Glad to see you are OK. Take care and heal fast........... O0

Ron is a great friend to have on your side.

He is great but not that great...  ;D

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 08:05:20 PM »

Maybe you guys need to stay in flat ol' Harris County?  ??? ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

bayou-biker

• Old Timer
  • Richmond, TX
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2008, 08:40:32 PM »

Gabe is right - I'm not that great - I'd have left Gabe on the pavement and maybe taken his wallet......and bike.

We were in flat ol' Ft. Bend Co when it happened.
2002 VTX1800C Red, BigShots, Thunder Tear Drop, PCIII -CA
2003 Z1000 - Two Brothers, Airbox mod, PCIII -TX
2001 ZRX1200R - Ivan's Jets, Akrapovic, K&N Pods, Racetech -TX
2001 ZRX1200R - Dynojet, Muzzy, Racetech, Ohlins -TX
2002 XR650L - Mikuni HSR42 carb, XR's Only complete exhaust system -TX

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 09:54:57 PM »

Ditto .............All the above and I guess we're not going to be roomy's in Freddy's Burg but if you can my bed is your Pal  ;) :-* LOL Damn Wolfhair not good for much I'll save you a lock of Swampy's Angelhair you just get well soon I can't take anymore bad news                                                  Buddy X'er 
                                                           Swampfox

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 11:05:24 AM »

WELL CRAP ROBERT!! I was hoping to get to see the ORANGE Beast!! Get well soon and take care going up those stairs with crutches!! Stairs don't work well with them!!  8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 10:15:19 PM »

Sorry to hear you went down Bro.   :o
Hope everything goes good tomorrow. O0
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal