Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Houston Area Riders  (Read 11486 times)

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
Re: Houston Area Riders
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 10:27:28 AM »

Apparently the A-hole doesn't like lurkers either. Just tried to log in and my account has been deleted.  >:( Oh well, didn't want to ride with a bunch of slow harleys anyway.  ;D ;D ;D

LOL hey I stayed in front of Ken  :D

Maybe he banned you becasue he is watching this thread now, Ken may be next for suggesting I sneak back in.

PS this was not an insult to the fine upstanding harley members of this board!  ;) ;D ;D ;D
It never stops hurting you just stop caring

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 12:03:23 PM »

This Tim guy, in growing up was he an only child.  :-\ :-\
 Kinda sounds like rant and raving of a spoiled child is what you discribed, or what I interpreted anyway.
"This will be a democratically run organization as long as it follows my lead, my thoughts, and my rules". "I'll ban you, your family, and friends so you can't spoil my flock". >:(

Like I've said about our group before, "it maybe just one BIG kindergarten around here sometimes and the dirt flys but when the dust settles, you'll see a good group of people having fun and laughing".

Welcome back Harley and all.   O0 O0 O0 ;D ;D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 01:56:55 PM »

Just curious, had you just "outgrown" us since you got the Harley? ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 03:14:11 PM »

No not at all. In fact thats why I posted here when I started my list and then again when it developed into a forum.

The problem Here as with the HD forum or the (insert brand name/style here) is that it excludes people who do not own that brand.

Thats not to say you guys discriminate, not at all but that if someone has a HD he is not likely to go sign up on the VTX forum and the same is true for a VTX guy.

As a result unless you have a friend that rides that style or type of bike and HE/SHE reads about a ride on their forum and invites you along, you wont know about it.

So I posted here and on the HD forum and on the Road Star Forum etc, this way you join the list and some guy from the HD forum wants to go ride he sends out an e-mail and what shows up is all sorts of bikes.

So our first group ride had Honda's Yamaha's and Harley's. That was the cool thing about the ride Sherri put together a few weeks back we had BMW's, crotch rockets, cruisers etc.

This creates a larger and more diverse group and gives you a bigger pool of fellow riders. While you might get 2 or 3 people to ride with ya from just this board, the other way you coul end up with way more.

Of course there are some people who will say "I have all the friends I need" thats cool but me I like meeting new people and ya got to admit while a lone cruise is nice from time to time. It is Cool to see a group of 10 15 30 bikes riding together O0

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 04:28:06 PM »

No not at all. In fact thats why I posted here when I started my list and then again when it developed into a forum.

The problem Here as with the HD forum or the (insert brand name/style here) is that it excludes people who do not own that brand.

Thats not to say you guys discriminate, not at all but that if someone has a HD he is not likely to go sign up on the VTX forum and the same is true for a VTX guy.

As a result unless you have a friend that rides that style or type of bike and HE/SHE reads about a ride on their forum and invites you along, you wont know about it.

So I posted here and on the HD forum and on the Road Star Forum etc, this way you join the list and some guy from the HD forum wants to go ride he sends out an e-mail and what shows up is all sorts of bikes.

So our first group ride had Honda's Yamaha's and Harley's. That was the cool thing about the ride Sherri put together a few weeks back we had BMW's, crotch rockets, cruisers etc.

This creates a larger and more diverse group and gives you a bigger pool of fellow riders. While you might get 2 or 3 people to ride with ya from just this board, the other way you coul end up with way more.

Of course there are some people who will say "I have all the friends I need" thats cool but me I like meeting new people and ya got to admit while a lone cruise is nice from time to time. It is Cool to see a group of 10 15 30 bikes riding together O0

Well said!  O0  We need new faces...I'm getting tired of looking at some of these guys all the time!  ;D

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 08:16:30 PM »

I completely agree.  I'm going on a ride tomorrow that has all kinds of bikes sport and cruisers and there is about 52 meeting in the morning.
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 12:30:39 AM »

SWEET! Wish I could go along but I am playing Mr Mom while the wife is out of town. have fun and stay safe

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »

I completely agree.  I'm going on a ride tomorrow that has all kinds of bikes sport and cruisers and there is about 52 meeting in the morning.

...and we weren't invited!  :'(

RedDragon

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 12:40:31 PM »

Like you would show anyway.  ::) ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

hooter

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 12:52:53 PM »

OUCH!!!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 03:09:03 PM »

Well, I might've!  :P

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 06:56:49 PM »

Doug...

Well phuque.  I thought it was your deal....because of your enthusiasm and I thought that you were doing a great job of promoting the group, the logo and so forth....and wanted one of those t-shirts...real bad.

The format:    all bikes of any kind, little to no bureacracy, come out when you want... is really appealing and you did a good sales job.

Never say never. This'll blow over. I don't know Tim but kiss and make up or something....because you should be involved.    Come to Austin with us on the 1st.  I'll send Tim some flowers or something to assuage him.   O0

Signed,

Martin   aka VT-XS,  aka Yamahaha

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:01:56 PM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 08:48:05 PM »

I couldn't agree more O0
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

McLovin

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 10:39:23 AM »

...and we weren't invited:'(

i was...  ;)

hooter

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 11:06:52 AM »

...and we weren't invited:'(

i was...  ;)

Face it Jason, this just ain't been your week.   :'( :'( :(

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal