Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ride 12/30 Sunday  (Read 6235 times)

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
Ride 12/30 Sunday
« on: December 19, 2007, 04:16:13 PM »

We are riding to eat at Heinz BBQ in Wharton on Sunday 12/30.  Anyone and everyone is welcome to join. We will be going up 2920 through Waller and around some of those roads.     
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 07:03:41 PM by KEBS »
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Ride 12/29
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 04:19:52 PM »

Darn, I don't plan on being back in town until Sat afternoon. Have fun O0 Let me know if you plan on riding Sun.
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »

got to get a new rear tire, hopefully I can make this

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 07:10:16 AM »

Darn, I don't plan on being back in town until Sat afternoon. Have fun O0 Let me know if you plan on riding Sun.

Plan for Sunday, I will go.  Maybe a ride to Coopers or San Antonio or Austin.  Whatever.  Just plan something and we'll go.  A friend of mine is trailering his bikes in from out of state and wants to go riding all week.  So anything will be fine.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:13:54 AM by KEBS »
Becca
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »

Well cannot make this one will be in Vegas for New Years but open for this weekend  O0
Alvin,Texas

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 06:39:14 AM »

Plan for Sunday, I will go.  Maybe a ride to Coopers or San Antonio or Austin.  Whatever.  Just plan something and we'll go.  A friend of mine is trailering his bikes in from out of state and wants to go riding all week.  So anything will be fine.
[/quote]

My plans are to be back home Sat afternoon, once I know for sure I'll come up with something if ya'll haven't already. Have a Merry Christmas O0
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
Re: Ride 12/30 Sunday
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 06:32:32 AM »

Ok changed to Sunday my parents are riding as well.  Who all is coming??
Becca
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 12:10:15 PM »

Might be able to make this one...I'll check with Lori!  Becca, you might change the date on your first post, too, so it doesn't get confusing for anyone!  :P

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 12:19:33 PM »

If I can figure out what is up with my bike by then I'm in.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 12:24:48 PM »

If I can figure out what is up with my bike by then I'm in.

Sherri

So what is up with your bike.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 04:58:55 PM »

Not sure it, I ran out of gas a week or two ago (reserve did not work). Pushed to station, put gas in and drove home. It really hasn't wanted to start right after that. I got it to stay started once since then after an hour of trying drove around the block to test, since then it starts to start (without choke ) you hear one rumble of the pipes then shuts off immediately. When I go to restart it it sounds like it is flooded or something. I'll wait for an hour or 4 then try it again the same thing happens. When I try to start it with choke it doesn't even start to start. I added some sea foam nothing has changed.  :(

sherri

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 07:06:22 PM »

Might be able to make this one...I'll check with Lori!  Becca, you might change the date on your first post, too, so it doesn't get confusing for anyone!  :P

Done Thanks
Becca
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 08:31:13 PM »

Not sure it, I ran out of gas a week or two ago (reserve did not work). Pushed to station, put gas in and drove home. It really hasn't wanted to start right after that. I got it to stay started once since then after an hour of trying drove around the block to test, since then it starts to start (without choke ) you hear one rumble of the pipes then shuts off immediately. When I go to restart it it sounds like it is flooded or something. I'll wait for an hour or 4 then try it again the same thing happens. When I try to start it with choke it doesn't even start to start. I added some sea foam nothing has changed.  :(

sherri

Well, definitely sounds like a carburetor issue. If you want a hand with it, let us know, we will help.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 11:03:54 PM »

sherri

Were your problems happening before you ran out of gas or after?  If after, it could be a tank of bad gas!  As for the reserve not working, did you have the lever in the correct position to begin with?  I've had that happen before where I forgot to put the lever back to "on" and I ran into the reserve before switching to reserve.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 10:46:28 AM »

I think David may be right about it being a carb issue crosssing my fingers that it is just a little debris somewhere.Hopefully we'll know later today. As for it doing this prior it hadn't but it hasn't exactly sounded perfect lately either, kind of like it needed a little tweaking somewhere.

I did have the petcock in the correct position both when the  bike ran out of gas and then when I was trying to start it. Gabe said Angie's 750 ran out once and it took about 15 minutes to get it going, he moved the bike around and stuff. I gave up after a few trys and pushed to the gas station that I knew was around the corner. The bike ran out at 99 I usually get 115 but with the new pumps I don't always get a full tank. I have been wanting to invent some sort of attachement to put on the inside of the tank that would pull out and give me that extra 2 inches to get a full tank. After running out I found this on the internet  http://www.mccuff.com/ but don't really want to have to carry it around and not sure if you can actually see in the tank. I still think there is someway to put something in the rim of the tank. :-\

sherri

Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal