Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ride to Cold Springs-Lake livingston Sat  (Read 1033 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
ride to Cold Springs-Lake livingston Sat
« on: May 25, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »

a few of us are going to meet at the Krogers on 1488 and 2978/Honey Egypt at 10:30 Saturday to take the long way to Cold Springs/ Livingston. if you want to join call, post, pm or just show up.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: ride to Cold Springs-Lake livingston Sat
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »

Hope you had a better ride than we did from the PGR mission in Sugarland.It was plum nasty on the way home had to pull ov er for at least an hour thats how hard it was comming down but made it home ok wet wet left the rain gear at home  ;D.I was more worried about the other cars than getting wet though
Alvin,Texas

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 10:29:05 PM »

Most of the people called and dropped out before 10. When we started North on Honea Egypt about 10:40 there was a huge back up of cars before the first curve. We decided it was an accident and to turn around and take 1488 East instead. By the time we got to 242 the sky was black in every direction. We decided to go to the movies instead, by the time we were a mile from the theatre it was raining pretty good.   

I think the worst of the rain happend while we were watching Pirates of Carribean. Had a late lunch and called it a day. It stopped raining about 20 minutes after I got home and hasn't rained since.

Glad to hear you made it home safe too.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

skypilot

• Trailer Queen
  • Magnolia, Tx, 03' 1800C Black
    • MikeVTX1800
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 08:24:50 AM »

Hi all;
Sorry I haven't had a chance to do much riding this spring, just got home from Korea and getting caught up on stuff here. 
If you get a chance to get up to Cold Spring, right in the center of town is a restraunt called Elain's, you can't go wrong with the food there.  They have a buffet there that has more food than you can shake a stick at, and the selections off the menu are great.  This is one of my favorite rides to do.
Hopefully will have a chance to get some rides in before I head back to work.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 10:10:50 PM »

Well, I made this ride today.  Left from Beaumont on 105.  Caught 59 to 190 in Livingston, over to 350.  Turned on3126 and made a few hour stop to ride around with some friends on the lake.  Took 3126 to 1988 across the dam, to 222, then caught 2973 back over to 150, and 2025 back to Cleveland and 105.  Came down 321 to Dayton, east on 90 back to Beaumont.  Luckily, I got caught in a very brief shower only once, although I must have been only minutes behind more rain, evidenced by all the water on the roads.  All in all, a great day, pretty good weather, and great scenery! O0
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal