Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My patience is gone. What would you do?  (Read 1008 times)

diverg

• Old Timer
My patience is gone. What would you do?
« on: September 11, 2019, 06:02:28 PM »

On April 19, A car decided it wanted to occupy my lane at the same time I was there. Heavy traffic, and while I was able to avoid that vehicle by scooting over I clip the vehicle in the lane next to me and went down. A little road rash, and damage to my bike. I had the bike towed to Honda of Houston the same day. They still have my freaking bike, and next week will be 5 months that they have had it. I've been patient because I don't ride much to begin with, and I've been extremely busy at work.

I do not get any information/updates from the dealer unless I stop in person. The big hold up has been a part. They had trouble finding the replacement fairing, but now that they have found it there has been issues with the supplier. Last update I had a couple of weeks ago was that the supplier wasn't responding to them. Then it was there was problems with the mold for the fairing, and it would be 2 weeks. Its been longer now.

My gut feeling is they aren't doing AppleSauce unless I go to them, and then once I leave its out of sight out of mind again. What would you do? I know most of you would started raising hell long before now, but I'm at that point now. I've also thought of just ditching the fairing and getting a windshield such as a Memphis Shades Fats. Any other suggestions? I already know the insurance will approve other options as long as it comes out to the same money rage. I probably have about $300 to work with as far as a windshield/other option. Thanks

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: My patience is gone. What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 08:12:25 AM »

Yeah.  They would have had like 2 weeks to get it done.  Shop that size should have the resources to find what they need. 

If this were me I would just pull the bike from their shop and take it to an indie shop and support the small business guy.  Although sometimes those guys can be a pain too. 

But the real me.....would just fix it.  Take the insurance check and buy my own parts and do it myself.   
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 12:22:46 PM »

I live down the street from HOH but took my bike to Motorcycles Unlimited when I had my wreck.
It's all just part of the adventure!

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 06:26:19 PM »

I live down the street from HOH but took my bike to Motorcycles Unlimited when I had my wreck.
Motorcycles Unlimited took care of me for my first accident, but decided to give the dealer a chance since it was much more convenient. Big mistake. I sent off an email last night to HOH. Told them what I thought blah blah. Seems to have gotten their attention, and forwarded emails they received from bagger bags about my part. Supposedly, 2 weeks the part should be in. I'm not holding my breath.

Did mention to HOH that I'm considering getting a Honda CB500x or a Suzuki Vstrom, and if I choose to go the Honda route I wasn't sure I would even give htem a shot to get my business. Shame to because they are just a few miles from the house.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 07:24:07 AM »

In my experience the sales team and service team are two different monsters.  The sales guys work on commission and I'm sure would appreciate an opportunity.  Best way to get service better at dealerships is to tell them how bad they sucked and what you expect them to fix for other customers. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 07:20:24 AM »

Telling the service department you may not ever buy a new bike is like telling your cat that you aren't taking the dog for a walk anymore. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 12:08:12 PM »

Telling the service department you may not ever buy a new bike is like telling your cat that you aren't taking the dog for a walk anymore.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 10:34:24 AM »

On April 19, A car decided it wanted to occupy my lane at the same time I was there. Heavy traffic, and while I was able to avoid that vehicle by scooting over I clip the vehicle in the lane next to me and went down. A little road rash, and damage to my bike. I had the bike towed to Honda of Houston the same day. They still have my freaking bike, and next week will be 5 months that they have had it. I've been patient because I don't ride much to begin with, and I've been extremely busy at work.

I do not get any information/updates from the dealer unless I stop in person. The big hold up has been a part. They had trouble finding the replacement fairing, but now that they have found it there has been issues with the supplier. Last update I had a couple of weeks ago was that the supplier wasn't responding to them. Then it was there was problems with the mold for the fairing, and it would be 2 weeks. Its been longer now.

My gut feeling is they aren't doing AppleSauce unless I go to them, and then once I leave its out of sight out of mind again. What would you do? I know most of you would started raising hell long before now, but I'm at that point now. I've also thought of just ditching the fairing and getting a windshield such as a Memphis Shades Fats. Any other suggestions? I already know the insurance will approve other options as long as it comes out to the same money rage. I probably have about $300 to work with as far as a windshield/other option. Thanks

What is the current situation?  They get it done?
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal