Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Loud Horns Save Lives  (Read 1220 times)

tejasx

Loud Horns Save Lives
« on: October 31, 2008, 08:05:49 AM »

Riding home from work yesterday, was exiting from 360 to 183 by the airport when this moron next to me decides to change lanes without looking.  He ran me off the lane, but I laid down on the Stebel air horns and got his attention quick.  I was going toward the median, but he jumped back over to his lane and I was able to recover back into my lane.  His window was down, so needless to say when I got up beside him he got the idea how pissed I was. 

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
Re: Loud Horns Save Lives
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 08:57:05 AM »

I was coming off of Hwy 45 in the the Woodlands. Butt was on his cell phone. He was coming into my lane. I plipped my Stebel Horn and he jerked his SUV back into his lane. I got next to him and he shrugged his shoulders. I wanted to kick his door but I gave him the hand sign of closing his cell phone and hanging up......

I love my Air Horn...................
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 09:22:33 AM »

When I beep-beep my factory horn no one ever even turns to see ;) Dogs seem to smile  ;D Air horn sounds better and better to me O0
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 09:25:39 AM »

I have been able to lay on my stock horn and get some a$$holes attention, but I agree, I want a Stebel horn...I love making a loud statement
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

tejasx

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:37:26 AM »

When I beep-beep my factory horn no one ever even turns to see ;) Dogs seem to smile  ;D Air horn sounds better and better to me O0

You can't beat the Stebel for the price.  If you want real air horns you can go with Rivco $$$$$, but I am very pleased with the Stebel and Pepsx is right there in your neck of the woods who makes a neat little bracket to mount it to your swing arm. 

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »

I love my Stebel horn. Didn't get a chance to use it last time when that a$$hole snuck up behind me....

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal