Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RD's Big Ride/Friday  (Read 2040 times)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
RD's Big Ride/Friday
« on: May 21, 2008, 10:52:38 PM »

Thanks to all of those members that have taken over the planning of the BBT this year, it's afforded me the opportunity to do something that I missed out on for the last 3 years....RIDE!

As promised (to those that know), I'm leading a "Big Ride" on Friday morning. I'm informing everyone early, so the people interested can be prepared.

This will be the 3's/twisted sister's ride, with a couple of other favorite roads of mine thrown in. This will be the most diverse terrain of the Texas Hill Country. If you've never been here, or have never been able to spend a lot of riding time here, this is the one you want to go on.

Disclaimer:
                      This is not a short ride. It's just shy of 270 miles, and with lunch and 3 gas breaks, it should take us approx. 9 hours. We'll be able to make it back before dinner if we have K/S up at 8AM. All rider's should be staged in front of the pavillion, gassed up and ready to go @ 7:45AM.

Testimonial:
                       This is the best ride in the Texas Hill Country. On this 1 ride you'll be able to experience every terrain this area of Texas has to offer. Combining this ride with the Fun Run on Saturday, you'll go home knowing you've ridden all the best area's.

Warning:
                      Bar Hopper's, and "cry babies", should stay at the Campground;)

Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
Re: RD's Big Ride/Friday
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:43:44 AM »

Will the route / may be posted online today?  I might try to meet up for a few hours if I knew where and when.  Part of the 3's is better than not riding the 3's at all.   O0
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 07:56:41 AM »

Will the route / may be posted online today?  I might try to meet up for a few hours if I knew where and when.  Part of the 3's is better than not riding the 3's at all.   O0

Dan, The closest point for you, assuming you come up Hwy16, is going to be at Hwy16/337 turn in Medina. Based on an 8AM start time, we should make that turn around 8:45-9AM. Maybe a little later, depending on Kerrville traffic. Give me a call 210/887-2146 and let me know. I didn't schedule Medina as a stop, so we'll blow right past it.

RD
04' Honda VTX 1800C

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »

I've got a friend who was raised in Kerrville and he took us down some local roads while we were there. The Twisted Sisters are nice but there's some real pretty scenery that takes local knowledge to get to. (The roads are on the maps but you can't see the topography on a road map.)

RD, are you gonna take in the railroad tunnel during the weekend? If so, drive REAL SLOW coming out as the deer were "thicker than fleas on a dog" the last time I was there. I was quite a few headlighted as they cut through the line. :o :o
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:57:01 AM »

That's the point of having to leave as early as possible. It's hot, so the deer will hunker down during the day, for the most part. ::) After 7PM you'll start seeing some movement. It's best to be out of the "Country" Country by dinner time. There's a lot of other things to watch out for as well. That's why a pre-ride safety mtg. is always neccessary.

04' Honda VTX 1800C

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal