Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leaving Houston Friday Morning  (Read 1643 times)

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
Leaving Houston Friday Morning
« on: May 12, 2008, 10:35:29 PM »

I will be heading out to BBT early Friday morning. Leaving from Richmond, Southwest of Houston, around 8:00 AM-ish. Anyone else who is interested in meeting up West of Houston for the ride out to Fredricksburg, chime in and we'll figure out a good meeting point West of Houston for all wanting to form up, or even pick up as we ride West.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
Re: Leaving Houston Friday Morning
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 11:21:34 AM »

I will be heading out to BBT early Friday morning. Leaving from Richmond, Southwest of Houston, around 8:00 AM-ish. Anyone else who is interested in meeting up West of Houston for the ride out to Fredricksburg, chime in and we'll figure out a good meeting point West of Houston for all wanting to form up, or even pick up as we ride West.

I plan on leaving from NE Houston area Friday morning.  Was a meeting spot and time for the Houstoners ever picked?  I have been MIA for about a month so I haven't seen everything that has been posted.
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 10:10:53 PM »

Nothing concrete has been decided yet in the way of a location to meet.
Thinking someplace along Hwy 10 and maybe Grand Parkway Rt 99?
Perhaps even first exit in Katy before heading west?

Not sure if it's better to save time taking Hwy 10 out towards BBT, or spend a little longer
enjoying the back roads of Rts 71/290 ?

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:21:13 AM »

For a bit of scenic and twisty, take a look at I-10 to Seguin taking 123 to San Marcos.  Hit 12 in San Marcos to Dripping Springs. (12 is a pretty good ride)  Take 290 from Dripping Springs to Freddie's Burg.  This skips the big cities.  San Marcos is sometimes a mess but a smaller mess than Austin or San Antonio.

There used to be a couple of great BBQ places in Dripping Springs.  One had the best BBQ cabbage on the planet.  I can't remember the names or where either of them are.

Just a thought.  I'm up for anything. O0 8)
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »

For a bit of scenic and twisty, take a look at I-10 to Seguin taking 123 to San Marcos.  Hit 12 in San Marcos to Dripping Springs. (12 is a pretty good ride)  Take 290 from Dripping Springs to Freddie's Burg.  This skips the big cities.  San Marcos is sometimes a mess but a smaller mess than Austin or San Antonio.

There used to be a couple of great BBQ places in Dripping Springs.  One had the best BBQ cabbage on the planet.  I can't remember the names or where either of them are.

Just a thought.  I'm up for anything. O0 8)

Sound like a plan I posted something google made up it's to Square of a trail.  Pete I heard from a SwampAngel Robert drop his bike I can't find his post about it heard he broke his ankle may not go.  Hey I'll meet you any where you know that old friend.

P.S. Wendy's I-10 shepherd Friday call me we'll set a time or call cell #713-828-4757
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:11:49 PM by Swampfox »

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 08:24:43 PM »

I plan on leaving from NE Houston area Friday morning.  Was a meeting spot and time for the Houstoners ever picked?  I have been MIA for about a month so I haven't seen everything that has been posted.

I ditto in red I just took my family to airport today just need someone to lead me there friday got room in Freddie's Burg I like that quote from Pete. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:27:05 PM by Swampfox »

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 08:39:06 PM »

yeah sorry guys, but had a little incident coming back from the Oasis trip Saturday night and  neither me or my bike are in any condition to go to BBT. I thought I might cage it to Fredericksburg, but I have to go in for surgery Thursday to have a metal plate screwed into my broken ankle. So .... bummer  :'(

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 08:55:36 PM »

I'm so so so so so so sorry to hear that Robert. My Top SwampAngel was right I couldn't believe it just my luck  :o :( >:(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:01:58 PM by Swampfox »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal