Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Urgent Appeal"  (Read 5335 times)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
"Urgent Appeal"
« on: April 15, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »

Pre-registration is going to end on April 20th, and at this writting there's less than 50 people that have registered for the Rally in May.

Those of you that have already pre-registered; Thank you! Those of you that haven't: you've got a week to do so.

Now, those of you that think, "I'll just register at the rally.", you're doing the rally committee, and everyone else a big disservice. As every year,....food orders have to be placed, and we need to know how much to get. T-shirts have to be ordered. This year we made a big commitment by securing a larger, nicer venue. It's easier to navigate, better facilities, and closer to town. All this has been done for you, so you can arrive and have a seamless rally.

This is an appeal to those of you who procrastinate. Write the check, address the envelope, put a stamp on it, and mail it.

I truely don't mean this maliciously. It's very nerve-racking to put one of these things on. Have you ever planned a wedding? a large party in your home? a business convention? Well putting this Rally together is just about the same.

Luckily, this year we have a great team helping out. But, we still need you input, in the way of a registration form. Help us by getting it in this week.

You really don't want to miss this years rally. Bike games, A live cover Band on an inside stage. Easy access to town, and a beautiful campground.

Can you do it now? :)

Thanks, RD
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
Re: "Urgent Appeal"
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »

Done!
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »

Is in the mail!! count on 2 people
Joe Cool...8)

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 05:34:35 PM »

Swampfox

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:46:19 PM »

I'm sorry RD I just got back on the saddle april 23 I have booked a room in fredrickburg just tonight 4-28.  If it will help I would like Two XXL tee shirts and you can plan on me to help with the cost of the rally.
Swampy

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 06:27:40 AM »

I'm sorry RD I just got back on the saddle april 23 I have booked a room in fredrickburg just tonight 4-28.  If it will help I would like Two XXL tee shirts and you can plan on me to help with the cost of the rally.
Swampy

Swampy, thanks for the help. You need to get in touch with Geri (bigdogsgal). She spear-heading the rally this year, and she's already ordered the Tshirts. She did get some xtra's. Send her a PM, and see if she will make some arrangements with you. :)
04' Honda VTX 1800C

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 07:36:19 AM »

Swampy

Swampy, who wrote that for ya? It makes so much sense that my decoder ring overheated, and burned my finger!  ::) ;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »

Tell the truth Jeff, we know where you RRREallly wear your decoder ring at! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 10:15:11 AM »

Tell the truth Jeff, we know where you RRREallly wear your decoder ring at! ;D

:o ;D ;D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

duck

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 03:14:17 PM »

Sorry I didn't get to pre-register. We have reservations at the KOA Kampground in Fredericksburg, but wasn't quite sure if we would be able to make it. As far as it goes right now, we will. We'll be riding all day Friday and head to you guys on Saturday.

I agree with this appeal, because I know what it's like. Me and a friend of mine put on a function in Sealy, TX, so yes, it is very hard, so I know what you are talking about for this. Next year, when we do Sealy function, which is called Del Rio/Berwick 50/50, I will try to get all the info posted on here, that way geee I won't be the only VTX'er out there LOL.

Duck

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »

Duck, you do not have to stay at the koa unless you really want to. You can still register right now or at the event. Being pre-registered just secured a t-shirt and pin, and also helps us out knowing how much money we have to work with. There is going to be plenty of room for tent campers and I'm quite sure there are trailer spaces still available.  O0
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 04:43:18 PM »

Duck, you do not have to stay at the koa unless you really want to. You can still register right now or at the event. Being pre-registered just secured a t-shirt and pin, and also helps us out knowing how much money we have to work with. There is going to be plenty of room for tent campers and I'm quite sure there are trailer spaces still available.  O0

Ditto!  The KOA is 15 minutes and 15 deer away. There's all kinds of camping at the park, and you'll be right there. It's only $9 a tent a night.
04' Honda VTX 1800C

duck

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »

Well, the thing is, we've already made reservations at the KOA and their policy is, if we cancel they'll charge us. So we'll be staying at the KOA. One question I have, is this an RC or MC and if so how do you join it, or is this just a bunch of people with VTX's that put this on? If it is a club, even though I'm from Louisiana, I would still like to join the TX X Riders. Me and my wife are planning on moving to Texas, in the Hill Country, in 5 years, when we retire. Can you give me some info on this?

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 05:30:12 PM »

Next year, when we do Sealy function, which is called Del Rio/Berwick 50/50, I will try to get all the info posted on here, that way geee I won't be the only VTX'er out there LOL.

Duck
By talking about the Del Rio 50/50, I can tell you are a member of SCRC.  So are my hubby and I.  We were going to go to the 50/50 but Wayne was sick and so we had to miss it. 

This group is just a bunch of VTXers with a need to communicate where the next place to eat will be  ;D ;D ;D ;D I even think some Wingers are thrown in the bunch for flavor  ;)  I'm not anyone official to tell you how this place is run, but from my experience you just sign on and hold on for the ride.

Glad to hear that you are finally coming to your senses and moving to TX....there isn't much better place to be then the hill country.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 05:38:38 PM »

We are FREE---- pay as you go per event----- Ridding Club     No mandatory meetings or jobs---- help if you can and if you want too.... O0 O0 8) 8) ::) :P RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal