Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hotel info I got today  (Read 2135 times)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Hotel info I got today
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:22:02 PM »

I called a couple of places to reserve a room. 

Quality Inn - She said she has several left - 79/thursday 115/Friday&Saturday
LaQuinta - Not sure how many rooms left, but they have some - 115/Thurs 159/Friday&Saturday
Super 8 - Nothing left.
Comfort Inn - The idiot on the phone pissed me off, but they have some rooms left.  159 all 3 nights is what he said anyway.
Chunk the llama.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
Re: Hotel info I got today
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:51:30 PM »

Might be time to think about another location. Seems like there's always a challenge with several of the Hotel/Motels. Maybe Fredericksburg is making too much money?
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 10:12:44 PM »

It wouldn't matter where we have it, if its on Memorial weekend choices run out quick on rooms. People just need to go ahead and make their plans now. O0 Plus, I think everyone will be very pleased with the facilities we have this year.
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

Dusty

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 04:43:55 AM »

Truth be known, if there wasn't so many bikers dumping so much money into Freddieville, most business owners would like to ban bikes. They want peace and quiet back.  ;)

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:07:33 AM »

If we want or need to move from Fredericksburg, then so be it. I think now would be a good time to start looking around. There is a lot of riders that make rides to that area during the year and that equals out to mean a bunch of people can and will see places that would be great to hold BBT6. If you go ride that area, keep in mind what we need in the way of camping, motels, food, beer, etc. Borne, Leaky, Bandera, the list goes on. Do we move closer to the Sisters? Do you have a favorite area you'd like to see put up for concideration? Maybe everyone will like the new arrangement at Lady Bird and we agree to do it there again. Personally I like Frederickersburg but I'm not afraid or unwilling to make a move to a different location. Do we need to bring these questions up at BBT5 while everybody is there and have a general discussion to kind of get the ball rolling?
After the BBT5 maybe we need to start a thread with a poll to determine if we want or need to change, then solicit locations and then a vote to see where we meet or go.   Just my $.02
)-(ooter
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »

I volunteer to scout Big Bend that weekend!  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 08:56:18 AM »

I volunteer to scout Big Bend that weekend!  O0

That's a fun place to go.  O0 O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 09:03:58 AM »

I think that everyone is going to like Lady Bird Johnson Park. It really is a nice facility. Don't get me wrong, I like Fredericksburg. What I don't like is a high and mighty attitude from businesses. My attitude changes, and mind you, I know this is a slippery slope. There's several Cardinal rules in business: 1: Never complain about too much business. 2: See rule #1.

I don't want to make this any longer than it needs to be. The Texas X Riders pump about $30K plus, into the local economy. If they don't want the money, find a willing company who does.
04' Honda VTX 1800C

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 09:12:56 AM »

I don't want to make this any longer than it needs to be. The Texas X Riders pump about $30K plus, into the local economy. If they don't want the money, find a willing company who does.

Ruidoso?  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 09:20:52 AM »

Ruidoso?  O0

No tent stakes in the carpet, please. :D :D
04' Honda VTX 1800C

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 11:19:37 AM »

Just got back from Fredricksburg last night and checked out our facilities while I was down there.  Very nice!  Lots of room. 

In regards to bikes in Fredricksburg there were tons this last weekend, especially with the weather being so nice Friday and Saturday.  The BMW group had a big M&G there I gather since I saw tons of them rolling in all weekend.

-Iceman

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal