Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: GROUP RIDE WEST LEAVING SUNDAY AFTER BBT !  (Read 6386 times)

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
GROUP RIDE WEST LEAVING SUNDAY AFTER BBT !
« on: February 01, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »

Well, we are tentatively planning a ride into New Mexico and ? to be decided on at the BBT this year. We will probably head west towards El Paso and then go north into NM, maybe other states as well, will hash it out at BBT or, if you have a suggestion, we can hash it out here. ;D We will leave from the BBT Sunday and circle back towards central Texas area about Wednsday. Nothing in stone yet, but I figured anyone planning on going would need to add a few days to their leave schedule, AND NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, in case they decide to go later on. Anyone with knowledge of "must ride" type roads, points of interest in the NM.AZ area please respond.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 01:49:42 PM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
Re: GROUP RIDE WEST LEAVING SUNDAY AFTER BBT !
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »

Anyone wishing to use this ride as a launching point to points further west, speak up. I believe Murray was thinking about Las vegas, so NM,AZ,NV,UT and CO are all possible. Feel free to suggest rides that will take the rest of the week, some need to be back mid-week though, so part of us  will be coming back Wed.
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 04:03:11 PM »

I am thinking Big Bend, Grand Canyon, to north of L.A. to 101 Coast hiway up to Hiway 1 to Seattle, cross the nothern border area NOT INTO Canada, and over the going to the sun road in Glacier National Park, and ride it to the east this time , back over to Red Lodge, meander around Yellow Stone and Grand Tetons till the Coloradical in July..... O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 :P :P :P
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 04:22:45 PM by VTreX »
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »

EEERRRR, thanks for sharing that swamp....eeerrrr....Kenny! ;D ;D
     420! Yeah, baby!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 01:21:40 AM »

EEERRRR, thanks for sharing that swamp....eeerrrr....Kenny! ;D ;D

;D ;D ;) O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 07:51:27 AM »

You did ask for ride suggestions..... I thought y'all wanted to go for a RIDE!!!!!!   O0 O0 O0 8) ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 08:15:13 AM »

O0
     420! Yeah, baby!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 10:34:09 AM »

I meant Las Vegas, NM!   ;D

Working out some plans while at BBT sounds good to me...  The riding to the 4 corners would take a lot of hard riding w/o room for error, plus I heard there isn't anything there, just the ability to say you went through 4 states before we got back to Texas. 

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »

OK Murray! Hmmm, where I live, I can be in 4 states in an hours time, LOL. Might be able to make it in 45 minutes. Carlsbad caverns are kinda neat. Roswell is an interesting place, what with all the alien museums and all. And, if you go on the 4th of july weekend, SULU, SPOCK, or UHURU might be there at the alien seminar/fashion show/ hoe down. (hoe down does not in any way signify prostitutes, get your minds outta' the gutter, LOL :o)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 12:15:58 PM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »

I meant Las Vegas, NM!   ;D

Working out some plans while at BBT sounds good to me...  The riding to the 4 corners would take a lot of hard riding w/o room for error, plus I heard there isn't anything there, just the ability to say you went through 4 states before we got back to Texas. 

Here, I will save you a trip, because this is all it is.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 01:02:25 PM »

Been there....got the Tshirt. :)
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 08:37:05 PM »

Down that long lonesome highway of life and on the highway that (we hope)never ends. There are many destenations and some places to see and visit that are NOT in a straightline between where you are and where you think you want to be. There are high roads, low roads, side roads, smooth roads, rough roads, and twisty roads.. Some of the roads will bring back thoughts of I wish I hadn't done that and others will make you remember  how glad you are you made the trip. Saying there is nothing there does not mean there is nothing there for someone else. Take some time to smell the roses or the bumper. Enjoy the trip you never know when the side road takes you past an old jail, old sod church, logcabin in the valley, view from the top of a mountin, a beaver in a stream. If you don't take some side roads to just enjoy,and not to see how fast you can pass through life you have missed it. I guess one thing I am trying to say is BE THERE DO THAT !!!!!! RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG Hope to see y'all soon!!  O0 O0 O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) :P :o :( ;) :) :-\ :-X :-* :'( O0 I still like icons   swampy made me do it!!!YOU MAY NEVER PASS THAT WAY AGAIN!!!! :'( :'(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:32:10 PM by VTreX »

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 09:30:41 PM »

I'm just stoked that I will get to spend some quality time with Snake and Hooter... 8)

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 08:36:42 AM »

Yeah Kenny, it has been a long time since I've been skinnydippin' in a stream with beavers. I'm rearin' to go though. ;D
     420! Yeah, baby!

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 09:30:06 PM »

I'm just stoked that I will get to spend some quality time with Snake and Hooter... 8)

Let there be no doubt in your mind about being honored to be in such a radiant glory and glow that we emit.
I guess you have been Blessed my son, now go to sleep and dream of candy canes, lolypops, X's, Hooter's and Snake's.   :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D O0 
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal