Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: COLORADO JULY 4TH!!!!  (Read 4241 times)

A.M.S. Medic

• Tejano
  • Amarillo, Tx.
COLORADO JULY 4TH!!!!
« on: April 25, 2006, 09:19:41 PM »

I noticed on the Colorado site we have LOTS of Texans going.  IF any groups are coming up thru Amarillo, let me know.  We might be able to do a LARGE group ride.  I can track down some inexpensive places to stay.  Maybe a supper the night before since Snakebite moved back to H-Town.  Joe
Paramedic Rules to live by: All bleeding eventually stops.  All people eventually die.  If you drop the baby, PICK IT UP!!!!

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
Re: COLORADO JULY 4TH!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 04:47:57 AM »

Joe,
I know there are at least 3 maybe 4 of us coming thru Amarillo from this direction.  VTreX, RD, RockNRoll, and myself are planning on meeting up in Belton area on Wed. night, June 28 and heading that way on Thursday June 29.

Also....I've got a room in Colorado at the LaQuinta, if anybody is needing a place to stay - wanting to share expenses - let me know. 

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 12:44:10 PM »

Joe, what day are you leaving for CO?
Chunk the llama.

A.M.S. Medic

• Tejano
  • Amarillo, Tx.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 07:16:39 PM »

I"ll be leaving Thursday or Friday.  If everyone is here Thursday, I'll leave Friday.  Actually, I'm off Wednesday thru the 4th.  Joe
Paramedic Rules to live by: All bleeding eventually stops.  All people eventually die.  If you drop the baby, PICK IT UP!!!!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 09:01:18 PM »

I"ll be leaving Thursday or Friday.  If everyone is here Thursday, I'll leave Friday.  Actually, I'm off Wednesday thru the 4th.  Joe
         How much time from A ---town to Denver?
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 07:49:01 AM »

9 hours give or take I believe.
Chunk the llama.

A.M.S. Medic

• Tejano
  • Amarillo, Tx.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 08:40:55 PM »

I make it by myself in 5 1/2 hours.  I stop for fuel 3 times.  I don't dilly dally around. :D  IF you want to take a scenic route from Trinidad NM. around to La Veta, it adds about 45 minutes to an hour.  If you stop for lunch on the way, add another hour.  But just flying and getting to the hotel is 5 1/2 hours at VTX speed. Joe

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 08:56:11 PM »

Trailer Queen  ??? ??? ??? I guess I need to post alot more? How many X miles would that be?
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 08:53:17 AM »

I make it by myself in 5 1/2 hours.  I stop for fuel 3 times.  I don't dilly dally around. :D  IF you want to take a scenic route from Trinidad NM. around to La Veta, it adds about 45 minutes to an hour.  If you stop for lunch on the way, add another hour.  But just flying and getting to the hotel is 5 1/2 hours at VTX speed. Joe

Damn, I was thinking it was longer than that.
Chunk the llama.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 08:26:12 PM »

Joe! RD, Tom, and myself will leave my house on the 29th thursday morning doing a long day so we will reach Denver by noon on the 30th. We will prob. do a 12 hr. day on the 29th. That should put us past your location. You are welcome to join up for a short day or we will see you there. Ride Safe Do you want some phone ####s

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 08:44:32 AM »

I'm like Joe and think it would be pretty cool to spend Thursday night in Amarillo, get the Texas gang together and ride more or less, as a group to arrive at the hotel at about the same time.

Probably too many to ride as a single group but we can do two or more small groups that can re-form for lunch and arrival in Denver. It sure would be great to roar in like the bad-as@#es we are!!! 8)
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 08:57:24 AM »

Everyone go to Wal-Mart and get a Texas flag to put on their bike. We are looking for a short ride day on Fri. You guys get up earley or ride fast to catch up with us. We wont be riding toooo fast, RD has a warning ticket. We could not that lucky twice. Our target time is high noon Colo. time. Ride Safe!

A.M.S. Medic

• Tejano
  • Amarillo, Tx.
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 08:30:33 PM »

Everyone go to Wal-Mart and get a Texas flag to put on their bike. We are looking for a short ride day on Fri. You guys get up earley or ride fast to catch up with us. We wont be riding toooo fast, RD has a warning ticket. We could not that lucky twice. Our target time is high noon Colo. time. Ride Safe!

You could stay in Raton, NM and be 3 to 3.5 hours away from the La Quinta.  Joe

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 06:16:42 PM »

:D ;D :o  42 days to check-in!!!!! It will now be Tom, RD, Pete, and myself. If I can get the OLD men to ride to Raton, I think that would be great!! Then ride over the pass and past Pueblo before the wind gets too strong. Can y'all catch up??? See you soon Joe, Ride Safe... Hold on to the pipe! 8) 8) ;D ;D Don't forget your TEXAS flag.

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 05:15:05 AM »

After you finally have that birthday on the 24th, YOU might be the OLDEST.  :-X  I will have me a TEXAS flag.  Guess I'll attach it to the new antenna  :)
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal