Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Almost There  (Read 2785 times)

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
Almost There
« on: June 02, 2006, 06:37:18 PM »

Well it's hard to believe but the moving truck shows up here in Pittsburgh this Monday June 5 to pickup my stuff and deliver it to New Bruanfels on Friday June 9.  No way I'll be doing any serious riding on Saturday or Sunday but will  be cruising around town on every errand I can.  Was hoping to hit Antonio's on Thursday 6/15 but that just got shot down as I have to be over in Houston for work related stuff  :-\.  But gotta go as it pays the bills.  So now I am aiming for Thursday 6/22.  Hoping to find some riding partners for the trip to Austin Bike Night.  Otherwise I will for sure find my own way there and be looking for some fellow VTXers.  Haven't had any good Mexican food since leaving So. Cal.  8) a few years ago but I hear the service at Antonio's is a little slow on bike night but still looking forward to it. Can always choke down a few cold beers while waiting on the burritos  ;)

Still trying to get the post count up to get out of the Trailer Queen catagory  ::)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 07:40:52 PM by vtxcrzr »

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
Re: Almost There
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 09:46:35 PM »

sounds like you have a busy couple of weeks. i think the service is slow on purpose, that way you buy more beer. look up stormy when you get to new braunsfels i'm sure he'll ride with ya. ride safe and welcome to texas.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 08:07:14 PM »

Let me know when you get into town and I will be more than happy to show you a few of the good eaters in town and when you get ready to go to bike night let out a holler and we can head up Austin. I am having to work nights till 29 Jun, but I am always looking for a reason to take off from work and ride.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 07:28:57 PM »

Hats off to this guy!!!  O0 He moves to Texas on Friday, and participates in a statewide meet on Saturday!?! Are you kidding me?!? After the bar has been set that high, no excuses from those that didn't make it....  ;D And a special congratulations and thanks to Mrs vtxcrzr, for letting him out of the house....  O0 O0 O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 08:15:02 PM »

Again welcome to TEXAS, sorry I let it get so hot today!!! I won't let it happen again.....HAHAHAHA O0 O0 Thanks for comming!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hillcountryrider

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 08:32:49 PM »

YEP welcome to TEXAS .............  O0 O0 nice to meet ya  :)

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 08:38:11 PM »

Hats off to this guy!!!  O0 He moves to Texas on Friday, and participates in a statewide meet on Saturday!?! Are you kidding me?!? After the bar has been set that high, no excuses from those that didn't make it....  ;D And a special congratulations and thanks to Mrs vtxcrzr, for letting him out of the house....  O0 O0 O0
;D ;D ;D  Where to start!!! Letting who out of the house?? Touching kinda close to home?  Bike Night? Can't remember when I saw u there last! But, we all know how bad a memory I have, it's getting harder and harder after 54 years and all the bad things I used to do!!
Hope to see u at bike night!
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 06:06:44 AM »

Nah, I don't make bike nights. I like motorcycles, obviously, but would rather ride them, than stand around and look at 'em. NO OFFENSE INTENDED TO THOSE WHOSE OPINION DIFFERS  :) As far as my wife letting me out of the house, believe me, she is fine with me riding whenever and wherever. It may not appear that way, because she never rides with me, but she has been a trauma center ER nurse for 12 years, and has seen way too many cases of the bad side of motorcycling to participate herself. Finally, I don't go to Bike Night in Austin because Thursday nights are currently my Weight Watchers meetings. Trying to get this 45 year old Cranberries whittled back to where it needs to be..... down 10.2 so far, have about 20-25 more to go. Drinking beers at Antonio's ain't gonna get me there. Thanks for the invite, Wayne, but I'll have to see you on the rides. Just different priorities, that's all...  :) O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 07:29:16 AM »

Thursday nights are currently my Weight Watchers meetings.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!  It takes a real man to admit that!!!

"Hi, my name is Jeff, and I'm a Weight Watcher"

LOL!!!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 09:37:41 AM »

:o :o LOL, yeah I know what you mean. I should go to that instead of bike night, it can be counter productive.  Looking forward to more rides.
Be safe,
Wayne O0
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 05:17:42 PM »

NEXT TIME WE RIDE BRING SOME PICS. OF YOUR W.W. BUDS! THAT WOULD BE COOL! I need to watch my weight too I'll never be a fat old 58 yrs. again. It would also scare me if my wife often saw the BAD side of scooters and she  said " sure hon ride as often as you want and where ever you want with whoevre you want. I'll be here IF you get back!   :D :D ;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 08:31:17 PM »

she  said " sure hon ride as often as you want and where ever you want with whoevre you want. I'll be here IF you get back!   :D :D ;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0

Too funny!  ;D

Thanks guys, for not giving me too much AppleSauce...  :)
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 09:53:40 PM »

she  said " sure hon ride as often as you want and where ever you want with whoevre you want. I'll be here IF you get back!   :D :D ;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0

Too funny!  ;D

Thanks guys, for not giving me too much AppleSauce...  :)

Nothing but love hun.......... O0
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal