Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your favorite ride  (Read 6871 times)

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
Your favorite ride
« on: April 29, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »

Guys, lets post your favorite rides and have links or pics of the map of your rides from your neck of the woods. Also I think it will be good to include favorite spots of where to stop for grub and/or watering holes as well as where to fuel up and the miles. Admins, I think it may be a good idea to make this a stiky
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: Your favorite ride
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 11:17:12 PM »

If I live till then, The next one!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 05:46:16 AM »

If I live till then, The next one!

That's what I was going to say!! :)
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 08:52:17 AM »

Seems everytime I ride it's the last one that is my favorite and the next one will be even better.  I look at it from the point that the last one is the favorite, because I'm here to tell about it. 

Lano

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 03:29:46 PM »

In early March, I rode to Guaymas, Sonora.  Put 2500 miles on the X.  This has to be the most fun ride I have done.  I had never been to Mexico.  It was great interacting with another culture.  The country was beautiful, the people were great, and the food was fantastic.  Every day was a new adventure.  I saw rain, snow, and 90 degree weather.  This was all in the space of a week.  I rode thru little villages, and Hermosillo.  Hermosillo is the capitol of Sonora.  It is about a million people.  Houston and Dallas are much larger, but you could not believe the traffic there!  Big bikes draw a crowd in Mexico.  Somewhere in Sonora are dozens of pictures of my X with little kids sitting on it.  Pretty girls all want a ride. (Talk about a hoot for an old man from the Panhandle.)  I was polite to the people and they were polite to me.  I rode to the "Sea of Cortez".  Desert right down to the ocean.  The Sea of Cortez is what started this odyssey.  It was a year and a half in the making and it was worth every minute.  You do not go to Mexico without a lot of preparation.  I was prepared, but learned a lot of do's and don'ts on the trip.  I will be back.    Bob

cybrhick

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »

In early March, I rode to Guaymas, Sonora.  Put 2500 miles on the X.  This has to be the most fun ride I have done.  I had never been to Mexico.  It was great interacting with another culture.  The country was beautiful, the people were great, and the food was fantastic.  Every day was a new adventure.  I saw rain, snow, and 90 degree weather.  This was all in the space of a week.  I rode thru little villages, and Hermosillo.  Hermosillo is the capitol of Sonora.  It is about a million people.  Houston and Dallas are much larger, but you could not believe the traffic there!  Big bikes draw a crowd in Mexico.  Somewhere in Sonora are dozens of pictures of my X with little kids sitting on it.  Pretty girls all want a ride. (Talk about a hoot for an old man from the Panhandle.)  I was polite to the people and they were polite to me.  I rode to the "Sea of Cortez".  Desert right down to the ocean.  The Sea of Cortez is what started this odyssey.  It was a year and a half in the making and it was worth every minute.  You do not go to Mexico without a lot of preparation.  I was prepared, but learned a lot of do's and don'ts on the trip.  I will be back.    Bob

So when do we leave? 8)

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 04:14:11 PM »

i'm with you guy's the next ride is my favorite ;D ;D but that ride from arkansas to oklahoma over the talamina parkway has got to rank up there as one of my favorites ;)but doesn't compare with riding with all my x buddies. ::) ;)
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 04:42:38 PM »

My favorite ride will be the one on June 8th when I get back on the X after 6 months!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 06:38:16 PM »

srgt stever come with your riding gear on cause we are going to do some riding, will be glad when your home. ;D ;D ;D
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 03:35:27 PM »

I would love to see some of the sights you guys saw recently.  I can only imagine how breath taking they were.  However, on RD's R.A.T ride there were several bridges on the Gulf that provided fantastic views.  Like I mean these bridges were high suckers.  I want to go over these suckers again and besides I want some more of MawMaw's gumbo. 8)   We also rode two ferrys - that was great fun!  Live this one alone, guys & gals. ;D

Out of respect for Jerry....I will leave "this" one alone  ;D ;D ;D
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

carrington

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 04:45:09 PM »

If you haven't riden Creek Road out of Dripping Springs, you're missing something.  It's short, about 9 miles, but runs right next to Onion Creek.  Like so many, I can't say what my ultimate favorite is, cause I ain't rode all the roads to ride...

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 08:59:34 PM »

My favorite ride will be the one on June 8th when I get back on the X after 6 months!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Your wife better not be reading this...  :D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Swampfox

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 09:52:42 PM »

I really can't contribute very much, but if you can ever get out to the Carlolina's there a road called The Saluda Grade it wind's up the Appalachian Mountain.  Then get on The Blue Ridge Parkway well both ways are Beautiful Rides.  I really enjoyed this thread too!!! 8)
Posted by: jarubio   thanks for a good subject all my post are sick or just dumb now I feel like I made a real contribution.  :)

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 01:54:01 AM »

Your wife better not be reading this...  :D

DOH!   I mean the VTX my love! ;)
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 08:29:35 AM »

Alright Bob - You are in charge of getting the details together for a Mexico ride.  Sounds like a great ride that probably a lot of us would love to do.  Just don't know about things like Insurance, Route, Payoffs to officials, etc.  You are in charge Bob.  I wanna go.  8) 8)
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal