Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bikers for Boobees  (Read 2267 times)

Zen Nomad

Bikers for Boobees
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:30:19 AM »

This will be the first ride for my wife and I...

First Annual Bikers for BooBees Ride     May 30

Sponsored by Central Yamaha, Plano Super Bowl, Monkeys Pub and Graub, Twin Peaks, Maxim Honda

The First Annual Bikers for BooBees Ride is a non-profit event benefiting the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day and is scheduled for Saturday, May 30, 2009, starting at Central Yamaha, 7000 Avenue K, Plano, Texas. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. with first rider out at 9:30 a.m. and last rider out at 10:30 a.m. There are 3 pit stops along the route - Maxim Honda of Plano, Monkey's Pub-N-Grub in Sachse and Twin Peaks in Plano. The ride ends at Plano Super Bowl, 2521 Avenue K, Plano, Texas where each rider will receive a free lunch and the Bikers for BooBees raffle will take place. Each rider will receive 4 free raffle tickets along the route with an option to purchase more at $1 each. We have some really cool raffle items and are gathering more all the time. In addition, the first 100 riders will receive a free t-shirt and bowling certificate. Ride pins will be available for purchase. 100.3 Jack FM is our radio host for this event and will be present on the day of the event. Ride cost is $25 for the first rider and $35 for two up (rider and passenger). Please contact salexander@fulbright.com or rd_vann@hotmail.com for registration and further information. Come ride in the First Annual Bikers for BooBees, have fun and contribute to a great cause all at the same time! All net proceeds are donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day.

Copied from http://www.jrsharp.com/ridedfw/smf/index.php?topic=55.0

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
Re: Bikers for Boobees
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:24:10 AM »

Why wait, their is a ride this coming weekend.
End Date:     5/9/2009
Start Address:    Willie's Lounge
1105 S Beacon St 
Start City/State/Zip:    Dallas, TX 75223

This Poker Run benefits Camp I-Thonka-Chi for kids who have survived profound burn injuries. I have attended this run for the past few years and it is by far one of the best I've been on. The best part is seeing these kids smiling and waving from the hospital overhead crosswalk as we ride in the parade down Harry Hines Blvd.

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

iluvink

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 07:36:01 AM »

Here's the registration form.

http://www.northtexascruisers.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=257

I should be able to make this one.

big oz

• Old Timer
  • Alvarado, Texas
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 06:18:47 PM »

Sorry Dav, well be doing the Fun Run in Burleson, I have to work Sat and Sun nites....dang....oh yea, booked our room in Colorado, all they have is King Suites, and not many of them left. Hurry up and decide.

2006 VTX 1800n, MS fats 21" solar shield, Leatherlyke Cross Country Bags, custom hitch, Darkside 205/60/16 Goodyear Eagle GT

iluvink

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »

I am planning on this one.

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »

Kevin, yall doing the Boobees ride?

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

big oz

• Old Timer
  • Alvarado, Texas
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 01:42:32 PM »

nope, gonna be camping at PK that weekend

2006 VTX 1800n, MS fats 21" solar shield, Leatherlyke Cross Country Bags, custom hitch, Darkside 205/60/16 Goodyear Eagle GT

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »

well just be a stick in the mud then

iluvink

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 06:45:24 AM »

I am, for sure, making this one.  So, I was thinking, if anyone was interested, meeting at the Starbucks, Hebron @ Old Denton in Carrollton, ksu 0800hrs.

Bigun

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 04:02:03 PM »

Just got home from this one and have to say it was a great time!  Got to see some nice country roads for me to frequent in the coming months.  I truly enjoyed being a part of this run and this great cause, and am even happier that I found out about it from this board.  Definitely gonna go back to Twin Peaks (any place with that much dedicated motorcycle parking DEFINITELY deserves more visits!  My fiance and I even had pics taken with the bike @ Plano Super Bowl @ the end of the ride and we both think they are going to make excellent engagement pics!   ;D 
I saw plenty of X's out there but unfortunately didn't find anyone that was from this board.   :'(  I was really looking forward to meeting some folks, but there's always the next ride! :thumbup: 
I know there were some X-riders that mentioned they were going to be there, and although I'm sorry we didn't meet, thanks for contributing to a great cause - my fiance and I both have lost loved ones to this disease and she joins the fight against it every year in the Avon 2 day Walk, so it meant a lot to both of us to see such a GREAT turnout!  Already looking forward to next year's run!
Bigun  *relocated VA X-Rider now looking for good roads and better company.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the universe."  -Albert Einstein

Zen Nomad

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 08:47:17 PM »

I'm glad it was a great time.  Unfortunately, I couldn't make  it - cannot ride due to a broken hand.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal