Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: LONE STAR RALLY  (Read 8406 times)

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
Re: LONE STAR RALLY
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 04:30:53 PM »

that aint no lie! are you going this year tejas?

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

tejasx

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »

I thought about it, but I don't have much vacation time left and I may need it to go to Atlanta to take care of a medical issue.

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:03 AM »

Hell... Galveston may be underwater for the next few days.!!!  I hope the city doesn't get too tore up.. :'( :'(

tejasx

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008, 09:49:26 AM »

from what i have seen on the tube, Glvez may not recover in time for  the LSR.  If you had a room before, you may not have one now.

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 03:00:35 PM »

I heard a reporter on the radio state that he is standing where so many Galvs landmarks once stood but are now flattened. He mentioned some Taco Shack gone, Hooters gone, another Landmark Restaurant flattened.
And this was to be my first LSR!  :'(

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 04:43:18 PM »

Paul's having the party at his place... shhh....  ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

xriderintx

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 06:56:01 PM »

im sittin here in tyler tx....the ol lady twisted my arm and made me leave which seems like what wasnt a bad idear after all..just wish i wouldve brought my bike too ...had to leave her at the house..hopefully shes okay :-\ inside the house in my kitchen ...more worried about water damage though..from what ive learned...the balinese room; a cool club where zz top, frank sanatra and im sure many other popular stars played...  and at one time a gambling joint... was totally destroyed ...i mean gone! kaput ! it was on the water so thats no big surprise..then  the new hooters was destroyed as well...also on the water..at last report there were no reported deaths as a direct result of the storm so thats a good start...a salty dog brother of mine stayed home and april and i followed his wife and kid here to tyler...last i heard from him was his home was flooded to the top of his daughters bed and he had to sleep in the attic to stay dry! Hopefully we can get back in a couple of days and get back to normal as soon as possible! not so worried about the material stuff just glad im still breathing and my family made the right choice going to san antonio...see  yall soon
03 1800c.. 6degree trees,cp punisher bars,corbin gunslinger,v&h bigshots,xchop

tejasx

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 07:40:12 AM »

hope no one had reservations at the Flagship, the access ramp is gone and the hotel is tore up.  The LSR may still go one, but a lot of the lodging won't be available if it is there at all and many of the resturaunts are totally gone.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 06:20:55 PM »

I heard a reporter on the radio state that he is standing where so many Galvs landmarks once stood but are now flattened. He mentioned some Taco Shack gone, Hooters gone, another Landmark Restaurant flattened.
And this was to be my first LSR!  :'(
Don't feel too bad Robert Iam in the same boat as you!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 06:40:06 PM »

I'm in Houston working right now and from what I am hearing from the National Guard, The Strand is still under three feet of water and all the houses around Jamaica Beach are completely gone.  They are bringing up bodies at the hospital where I am posted.  The papers are not telling of how many people have died.  The damage is alot more than they are showing on the news I know that.  They won't let me on the island right now but maybe later in the week. 

-Iceman

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 10:44:16 AM »

The rally isn't gonna happen... There's just no way the city can pull it off based on the previous post....

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »

I dont know how they are going to do it but the rally is still on. check it out on lonestarrally.com

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

McLovin

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 01:23:54 PM »

from what I saw driving around Houston and the pic I saw of galveston... there is no rally  even if they clean up some of the places where would you stay, where would you eat, there is no power, water, it may be restored in the next week of two.  even if they have it I wont go, it wont be the same... maybe next year

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 01:25:48 PM »

Last year the sun was shining, the weather was perfect, and Galveston was beautiful. Even spending a night pushing a friends Electra Glide down the island wasn't that bad. It was the perfect place for a fall rally. Now?...

IF they have it this year. IF I were to go, It wouldn't be for the same reason.  :'(
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

tejasx

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »

It would be a monumental task at this stage in the game, but looks like the could move it to another venue, maybe even Corpus just for this year.  Still can't believe they are going forward, we will see if they make it.  You would think Galveston would put the brakes on the rally.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal