Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Thursday Dinner Ride - Now a Sunday Ride  (Read 6637 times)

tejasx

Thursday Dinner Ride - Now a Sunday Ride
« on: August 06, 2007, 05:54:13 AM »

Ok, time to do this again, my toe has healed mostly anyway and the weather is more promising.  The plan of the ride is to go to the Rockett Cafe in Rockett a few miles northeast of Waxahachie. Great chicken fried steak and killer onion rings.

http://www.skin-protection.com/the_grub_club/r/menu_2039_2616.htm

Anyone coming from the North, West or East area can meet me at the parking lot of the Wells Fargo Bank at Hwy 121 and Harwood Rd. in Bedford, next to the Texas Roadhouse at 6:30 pm.  We will then head south on 360 and if anyone south wants to catch us we will make a stop at the parking lot of Cowboys nightclub at 360 and Abrams between 6:45 and 7:00, depending on traffic.   

The only catch I have is that I have to lock up our building at the end of the day and I can't do that until everyone leaves.  Usually they are done by 5:30, but if anything goes wrong, it can be delayed.  If I don't make it to the group at the bank, then I will just go straight from work and meet everyone at Cowboys.  My cell number is 817-625-6942, if I am not at the bank by 6:30, then someone can give me a call.

If we get a good size group, I will call ahead and try to reserve tables.

And yes Dan, they do have a full service bar! I think they are a private club, but that should be no hurdle for you!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 04:33:12 PM by tejasx »

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
Re: Thursday Dinner Ride 8/9
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 05:44:09 PM »

Hey Ken, sent you an email.......

Dan

tejasx

Re: Thursday Dinner Ride - CANCELLED
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 03:09:33 PM »

I have decided to cancel the dinner ride for Thursday due to lack of participation.

Hey Dan, you up for Duke's instead?

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:33:37 PM »

Sorry man, Angie and I would have gone, but we have been without internet for a week. We do have dial up, but it's so slow that we just don't get on it regularly. Maybe next time.

Jack

tejasx

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 10:29:42 AM »

Come on out to Duke's then!

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:50:40 AM »

I have plans, or I'd head on over.  Sorry!
My now long gone VTX...

N5TWL

• Master Tejano Rider
  • If it hurts when you do that don't do that!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 01:00:56 PM »

Man! I was looking forward to this one....
MPM
2011 Harley Street Glide, Sedona Orange, Ken Smith pinstriping.

tejasx

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 07:15:12 PM »

We will do it again, Dan wound up not making it either, Cris was not feeling well.  Just me and Dena made it to Dukes.  We might go out Sunday morning for a while, I will post a message on it when we iron out the details.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »

I can probably do Sunday and I have a buddy who's got a Shadow who'd like to tag along.
My now long gone VTX...

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 08:46:34 AM »

We will do it again, Dan wound up not making it either, Cris was not feeling well.  Just me and Dena made it to Dukes.  We might go out Sunday morning for a while, I will post a message on it when we iron out the details.

Hey Ken, Got your email regarding Sundays ride.  Sounds like fun!! Cris went to the doc yesterday and was diagnosed with a sinus infection..!!  :'( :'(  The doc hooked her up with a shot and some meds.  My son and I are in for Sunday and if my better half is feeling better, she will come along too.  O0 O0  So what is it a 0830L KSU from Wilhoits??  Any idea on a route??

Dan

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 08:49:50 AM »

Man! I was looking forward to this one....
MPM

Hey Monte, Why don't you and your wife join us for an early Sunday ride??  We should be done before the temp gets to 100 degrees..!!!

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »

Hey Ken, Got your email regarding Sundays ride.  Sounds like fun!! Cris went to the doc yesterday and was diagnosed with a sinus infection..!!  :'( :'(  The doc hooked her up with a shot and some meds.  My son and I are in for Sunday and if my better half is feeling better, she will come along too.  O0 O0  So what is it a 0830L KSU from Wilhoits??  Any idea on a route??

Dan

Mornin' Dan!  I hadn't talked about a route just yet.  Need to find some nice two-lanes and like you said, get back before it gets to be 100.  Probably get back around noon?
“You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas”
~ Davy Crockett
2006 VTX 1300R candy black cherry

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 10:53:39 AM »

0830L KSU from Wilhoits = Leaving from Wilhoites for the ride at 8:30, kickstand up, motor running. ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 11:41:44 AM »

Dan

Mornin' Dan!  I hadn't talked about a route just yet.  Need to find some nice two-lanes and like you said, get back before it gets to be 100.  Probably get back around noon?

Sounds good Dena...  Keep us posted on what you decide, (route).  We're in..  Snake you nailed it, 0830L KSU and engine running cause the heat comes on real fast..!!!! Although I don't think we'll see the triple digit temps. till 2pm'ish...  Who else is in???

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 12:28:43 PM »

Dan

Sounds good Dena...  Keep us posted on what you decide, (route).  We're in..  Snake you nailed it, 0830L KSU and engine running cause the heat comes on real fast..!!!! Although I don't think we'll see the triple digit temps. till 2pm'ish...  Who else is in???

I shouldn't type without eating breakfast and having coffee first... I meant "WE"!   ;D  I am not good at route planning... I just hop on and go!  We'll all have to pitch in on the route.
“You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas”
~ Davy Crockett
2006 VTX 1300R candy black cherry
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal