Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: big toy run  (Read 7153 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: big toy run
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2006, 07:30:06 AM »

Yes was a really nice day for the Toy Run for sure!! Got to West End about 11:15am, got signed up you might say and took a look at the bikes. Mr. Rick and his Wild 70's bike were there with this other guy rideing the Black Bastard. They left before the parade to the convention center. Lots of Xers.  Had a great time!!  8) 
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2006, 08:04:31 AM »

Didn't know that I was going or I would have hooked up with some of you guys. Just happened to be in Dallas this weekend and decided to go Sunday morning with a friend.

I'll be curious to see how many total bikes registered. There were many more than in previous years. Lot's of X's in downtown Dallas. Beautiful day and a decent ride.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

stoker

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2006, 08:19:17 AM »

I read on another site from the 'chase truck' driver who followed the Grapevine route that there were over 5,000 bikes that left from GV.  :)

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2006, 08:32:46 AM »

I read on another site from the 'chase truck' driver who followed the Grapevine route that there were over 5,000 bikes that left from GV.  :)

...at least.   :o

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2006, 08:49:24 AM »

Here are a couple of pics from Grapevine.

Not sure who the two goons are picking their nose and catching flies but this is also a clear shot of how many toys were delivered.  They lined the entire wall of the Convention Center.

People in the Convention Center.

Bikers are definitely Patriotic people....  Great response to the Star Spangled Banner!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Munkee1865/VTX1800/?action=view&current=ToyRun006.flv

...and of course.... We let the Big Dog tag along.  Here's Joe's new Toy.

All in all, a great time.  I heard one ambulance all day long and that was one too many but with 40000+ bikes it could have been a lot worse. 

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2006, 11:27:03 AM »

Thanks for the pic's everybody. Wish I could've made it but was out of vacation time at work to take off. Yesterday would have made an awsom day to ride and enjoy the others.
Al
)-(ooter
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

texasmetalwerks

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2006, 01:16:15 PM »

Great ride. Wish I could have met up with the fellow X-Riders in Grapevine.

Nice to meet you Iceman
Bryan   .5%er
2004 VTX 1300C Black w/ some cool stuff and go fast goodies.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Mario Andretti

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2006, 03:49:47 PM »

It most certainly was a memorable day!!  We had an AwEsOmE time all day.. Got to the Icehouse, enjoyed some FREE breakfast, hooked up with the Ft. Worth X'er group and headed to downtown Ft. Worth for some CoLd BeEr!!! I was truly amazed at the number of bikes out yesterday!  The parade was unbelievable... Cris tossed out loads of candy to the kids at the sides of the freeway and gave High-5's to lots of kids as we rode by.... Just amazing to see the smiles on the kids faces was so satisfying!!  Got to meet some really neat people as well.  O0  Oh, and the burnouts in the smoke pit at the Icehouse...  Well Hell, that was pretty damn cool... AND LOUD!!!! LOL ;D   

jwoolf

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2006, 09:29:38 PM »

Great pics, guys!!!!!

It was friggin biker overkill!!!!

I had a great time.   Sorry, Justin.  I was cruising when you called and, like a dumbass, I didn't remember that my phone rang...

We'll hook up.

Well, the big dog is barking now.  I got my pipes in today and, it took about 45mins for them to attach themselves to the bike. ;D  go figure.

I found a couple of scrapes on the bike, like the rear turn signal and on the brake.  The pipes were clean though (stock) so, probably what happened is that the former owner dropped it and they replaced the pipes.. and probably other stuff.   I am sure after putting the pipes on that it was already jetted and the pipes were replaced with stock.  After all, how do you buy a chopper and put 3k miles on it and not put pipes?!?!?!

Where are the friggin car alarms????  I'm ready to set some off now.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2006, 09:33:14 PM »

The wife and I were up that way from Houston visiting the grandaughters but kind of hard to get away from them to go riding but would have loved to join the crowd.How many bikes were there anyone hear a count yet ?
Alvin,Texas

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2006, 06:13:31 AM »

The wife and I were up that way from Houston visiting the grandaughters but kind of hard to get away from them to go riding but would have loved to join the crowd.How many bikes were there anyone hear a count yet ?
The web page said 70,000 with over a million in toy donations and $100,000 in cash
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2006, 11:10:22 AM »

The web page said 70,000 with over a million in toy donations and $100,000 in cash

Damn!! Us biker folks sure are a generous group...  O0 O0 O0

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2006, 02:29:05 PM »

Damn!! Us biker folks sure are a generous group...  O0 O0 O0

Yep your right O0 The main problem is the general public still just sees us as a bunch black jacketed hooligans that rape little chrildren and rob old folks. If we got the news coverage for the rides thats done for good stuff as did the murders and roberies then we'd be heros. Not one thing did I see on the news about any of the north Texas Toy runs.  :( :( :(
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal