Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Movie Night  (Read 2272 times)

b-rad

• Old Timer
  • Rowlett, TX
Movie Night
« on: September 21, 2007, 08:55:39 AM »

When: Saturday, September 22nd (tomorrow) - movie begins at 8pm

Where: NW corner of Renner and Jupiter in Richardson

Movie: Remember the Titans - starring Denzel Washington

Cost: FREE, including complimentary popcorn, lemonade and water

What to bring: camping chairs, blankets, coolers...whatever you need to enjoy the movie

The movie is being shown outside on a huge 16' X 9' screen. I'll be there setting up and running the projector, so stop by and say hi. If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know.   O0

b-rad

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
Re: Movie Night
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »

is there gonna be any of that water in the brown bottle :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 09:40:38 AM »

I sort of doubt it, since it's a church.

I can't tell you how I'd feel if I showed up for a "movie night" and found out that it was a church that was likely doing a little preaching.  Preach all you want, but it's sorta dishonest to not say it's a church up front when you try to lure people in with a movie night.  Just my opinion for what it's worth.

http://www.yourchurch.org/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:44:19 AM by Morgan Buchanan »
My now long gone VTX...

b-rad

• Old Timer
  • Rowlett, TX
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 10:04:10 AM »

There's nothing dishonest about it since it had nothing to do with the church. We were only using their lawn. It was what I said it was....we watched a movie, ate some popcorn and left when it was over. I realize a lot of other church's have hidden agendas when they put on something like this, but don't be too quick to judge without checking it out for yourself.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 02:07:14 PM »

So who is "we"?  While I'd never think it's impossible that the church is letting a bunch of "buddies" use their facilities to simply show a movie, I tend to think that it's more likely they would allow a somewhat more official organization do so.
My now long gone VTX...

b-rad

• Old Timer
  • Rowlett, TX
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 02:40:22 PM »

It really was just a group of friends who wanted to show some movies and open it to the public. Now, granted, some of us did attend the church, which probably helped in us getting approval; but all we wanted to do was have some fun and let others join in too.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 02:57:50 PM »

Okay... who who gives a crap?  I think there was a previous invite to the same thing on a different night that mentioned it being a church.  You can attend or not attend.  One can assume that since it was at a church there may be a religious message before or after the show.  Who cares...  Sounded to me like a friendly invite to go to a movie night at a church.  I don't know B-rad and I don't know his church.  My wife has a hard enough time getting me to go to church on Sunday mornings and they have never served beer there.  Maybe I'd go more often if they did.   ;D 

Point is, go see the movie if you want to hang out and meet some new people and if "they" start hot-boxing you about joining the church just simply and politely decline. 

BTW, I haven't been to a church that served beer since college at the Catholic church I played guitar for and that was green beer every St. Paddy's....  Talk about drawing the fraternities and sororities...   ;D

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 06:03:19 PM »

Okay... who who gives a crap?  I think there was a previous invite to the same thing on a different night that mentioned it being a church.  You can attend or not attend.  One can assume that since it was at a church there may be a religious message before or after the show.  Who cares...  Sounded to me like a friendly invite to go to a movie night at a church.  I don't know B-rad and I don't know his church.  My wife has a hard enough time getting me to go to church on Sunday mornings and they have never served beer there.  Maybe I'd go more often if they did.   ;D 

Point is, go see the movie if you want to hang out and meet some new people and if "they" start hot-boxing you about joining the church just simply and politely decline. 

BTW, I haven't been to a church that served beer since college at the Catholic church I played guitar for and that was green beer every St. Paddy's....  Talk about drawing the fraternities and sororities...   ;D

Good reply Brad  O0 And by the way, I'm all about being a good Catholic when it comes to some of their activities and social functions  ;D ;D ;D ;D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal