Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Made it home.  (Read 1149 times)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Made it home.
« on: April 26, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »

Made it home at 1pm after a great time at BBTXII . Boy am I beat .Unloaded the bike, Took a short nap. Gonna take another one now and think of BBTXIII !
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Made it home.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 04:06:29 PM »

Made it home at 1pm after a great time at BBTXII . Boy am I beat .Unloaded the bike, Took a short nap. Gonna take another one now and think of BBTXIII !

Should have road with you I just got in and beat to hell, but as always had a blast :thumbup:

It was great to see all the regulars and to see new faces, looking forward to next year  ;D  :c
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 04:26:08 PM »

Got in a little after 4 and little spit of rain around Hamilton and around Cransfield Gap just in time for me to get off the road and have a beer at the Horney Toad and wait it out. Was a perfect 2 beer stop!! Had a good time and I'm already thinking about next year!. Thanks everybody that put in all the work and all that showed up to support our group. Yes even you Rocket!   :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 04:43:45 PM »

Wayne and I are safe....but not at home.  We headed out of Bandera today around noon.  While circling San Antonio on 1604 we got rear ended.  Traffic was slowing down (as did we) and the young lady behind us didn't stop.  She plowed into the back of our trailer.  It is quite possible that the trailer is totaled.  The impact was hard enough that she bent our bumper under the truck and twisted the hitch where we cannot disconnect the trailer from the receiver hitch.  We were able to pull it to a RV dealer on I35 and they agreed to let us leave it there till insurance took care of it.  We finally got the hitch off the truck and when we unplugged the trailer's power cord the truck died.  It is stone cold dead now and will not do anything.  All checks come up empty.  So the truck is also sitting at the RV dealer.  Crestview RV was kind enough to loan us a company truck since all rental car places where closed on Sunday afternoon.  We will hang around until insurance adjuster contacts us and we figure out our next move. 

Wayne and I are fine and so are the bikes in the back of the truck.  Wayne did an outstanding job of tying them down.

If something like this had to happen, I am glad it was AFTER BBT and not before.  We had a blast with everyone.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 05:33:20 PM »

Sorry to hear the news Connie, glad you two are OK.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 06:23:18 PM »

Be safe, glad you two are ok.  :thumbup:
We made by 2:30
5 1/2 he ride on I10, we miss the rain.
just take it slow

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 06:25:13 PM »

I'm glad you are ok.  Sorry about all the mess.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »

We made it to Trophy Club..seconds before it got dark and the Lightning strikes.  Made home around 4. Looking forward to next year!  Thanks to everyone for making it a success!
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Bugsie

• Tejano
  • 2003 Hond VTX 1800S
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 10:38:49 PM »

Lucky, sorry to hear! I live on the NW side of Sunny San Antone. Folks who have my phone number give it to her. If I can be of assistance let me know! Or send me an email:euro1bugsy@gmail.com

Folks I had a great time with all of you! The hospitality is humbling! If you get this way, look me up!

Bugsie

Mulla

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 12:53:56 AM »

Glad everyone made it home. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about Connie and Wayne's misfortune, hope everything works out in their favor. :'(

I know Kim and I missed the main event and missed out on meeting everyone but other than the accident we were involved in, we had a great time enjoying the company of those who were able to spend some time with and we got an awesome day of riding in with James and Janatha. I hope everyone had a good time. Till we meet again...ride safe :c

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 05:18:32 AM »

jeez Connie, that really sucks. Glad you guys are fine.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 06:41:01 AM »

David and I made it to the Conroe area (where he lives) around 2ish.  Pretty nice ride home, a few drops now and then but overall a very beautiful day to ride.  I even got to hit a little of 1774 on the way home. 

And THANK YOU HOOTER......LOL.   :c
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 06:41:01 AM »

Got back home around 4:30. Hit the same rain Hooter did but just kept on rolling.
Probably the coolest ride home because of the cloud cover. While I was gone we got 7+
inches of rain.
 Sorry to hear about your tavels through San Antonio! Wayne and Connie..  Hopefully things will go smoothly
so your back on the road soon.
 B safe.
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal