Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Downtown Austin this Past Friday Night  (Read 1122 times)

jcicolani

• Rider
Downtown Austin this Past Friday Night
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »

I was on my way to a software release party downtown Austin last night (yes, I'm database programming, web developing geek on a bike ;D ). I pulled up to park at the corner of Nueces & 6th Street and there's a bike there. So, I back in next to it (parking is always easier with a bike). I can't help but admire the nice look of the bike, its sleek lines and retro style. So I take a closer look, and lo, it's 1300 Retro S... just like mine... but silver/gray rather than purple.

So, if you know who it was that parked at Nueces & 6th last night... Tell then I said "Nice bike."

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Downtown Austin this Past Friday Night
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »

Whoa, two centex bikes out of the garage at the same time?  :redcard: :ohwow: :ohwow:   This is so strange and unusual, just like 100's of birds falling from the sky...what could it mean...what is the world coming to?  :cantbelieve:   :couch:
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »

It means he was dreaming   :t     LMAO! 
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 05:49:40 PM »

Whoa, two centex bikes out of the garage at the same time?  :redcard: :ohwow: :ohwow:   This is so strange and unusual, just like 100's of birds falling from the sky...what could it mean...what is the world coming to?  :cantbelieve:   :couch:

Now that was a good funny Lucky  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »

Now that was a good funny Lucky  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:agree: :agree:  :good:
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »

Friday centex M & G !!! great turn out  :rofl: :rofl:
just take it slow

jcicolani

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »

So, what I'm reading, from all this sarcasm, is we Centex folk gotta step up the game... or am I the only one. In which case, 100% turn out!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »

So, what I'm reading, from all this sarcasm, is we Centex folk gotta step up the game... or am I the only one. In which case, 100% turn out!
Don't feel bad at all the Dallas bunch are in the same boat!!  :stickpoke:
Now will let you know Iam not in the Dallas area!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

GOG

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 08:17:28 PM »

Don't feel bad at all the Dallas bunch are in the same boat!!  :stickpoke:
Now will let you know Iam not in the Dallas area!!  ;D

Nope, you're out in the middle of nowhere which is good for everyone else! We did have that mini m&g last week. I allowed you to come too which made it a total of 3! Biggest M&G Dallas area has had in years from what I understand :thumbup:

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.."

dclark31

• Old Timer
  • Schertz
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 05:54:46 PM »

Hey JC, we'll have to meet up in San Marcos or something and show them there are more Centex people out there. I figure since I have put 4500 miles on my bike since buying it in October, I would say we Centex people get out and ride more than y'all think.

Dana "Dutch" Clark - Semper Fi

jcicolani

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 09:30:44 AM »

I second that!

I'm not entirely sure how many miles I've put on the bike since November, but since it's my primary commuter at 50+ miles per day, plus the rides just to ride (like my trip out through Wimberley we missed each other on), I assume it's a decent chunk.

We should put together a M&G soon. San Marcos sounds good, though I don't know it well enough to suggest where. Looks like it's going to warm up a little next week. If the weather holds 'til next weekend, I think that would be a good idea.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 05:44:40 PM »

next M & G in MALONE  :stickpoke: :rofl: :rofl:
just take it slow

dclark31

• Old Timer
  • Schertz
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 08:42:17 PM »

Hmmm, unfortunately I am running Pinewood Derby's for my Cub Scout Pack and several other Pack's the next few Saturdays.  Right now I have Saturday February 5th open on the schedule, lol.  Now if you want to meet up on a Sunday afternoon that I could do.

I don't know San Marcos all that well myself but I am familiar with this place; http://www.grinsrestaurant.com/.

Dana "Dutch" Clark - Semper Fi

Dusty

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 05:25:42 AM »

What's really wierd is the TexasXriders was started in Dallas and in 03/04 was the center of the activity. I think?  :idontknow: 

jcicolani

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 09:35:32 AM »

How about a Sunday to Luling? There's, supposedly, some good BBQ there. Now, not THIS Sunday, due to weather. But it should be clearing and warming up in the next few weeks.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal