Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Houston Guys  (Read 3531 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Houston Guys
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »

It's not bad at all.  Just a lot of lights and speed traps, but not high in traffic.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »

I rode down 45 the other day and past Beltway 8 a pretty good slow down not to bad a bit more than normal and once past Clear Lake NP.
Alvin,Texas

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »

It's not bad at all.  Just a lot of lights and speed traps, but not high in traffic.
Hwy 6 is a nice road, but I differ with Matap a little...it can be VERY congested depending on the time of day you are on it.  Middle of day is not bad, but if you are on it south of I-10 on thru Missouri City during the late afternoon on into the evening it is very heavy traffic wise.  And like he said LOTS of lights.  Once you get past Missouri City it is pretty smooth sailing.

"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »

Hwy 6 is a nice road, but I differ with Matap a little...it can be VERY congested depending on the time of day you are on it.  Middle of day is not bad, but if you are on it south of I-10 on thru Missouri City during the late afternoon on into the evening it is very heavy traffic wise.  And like he said LOTS of lights.  Once you get past Missouri City it is pretty smooth sailing.

Yeah, I forgot about that part.  I think if your rolling thru there midday, you should be fine.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »

It shouldn't be too bad then.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »

riding thru Missouri in the afternoon always sucks , it will be heavy but not stop and go. Just a long way around.
It's all just part of the adventure!

RedDragon

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 04:38:33 PM »

I plan on leaving the DFW area around 8-9AM should be in that area by 3pm I would think
Lance, are you going to the rally first or the beach house. At the time you are going I would just go ahead and go on through Houston. Traffic at 1:00 isn't that bad. If you are heading to the rally take 45, the beach house head down 288. I wouldn't hit highway 6 unless you like stop lights.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 05:08:52 PM »

I plan on leaving the DFW area around 8-9AM should be in that area by 3pm I would think
Lance, are you going to the rally first or the beach house. At the time you are going I would just go ahead and go on through Houston. Traffic at 1:00 isn't that bad. If you are heading to the rally take 45, the beach house head down 288. I wouldn't hit highway 6 unless you like stop lights.
Think Friday will be the same??  ::)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

RedDragon

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:25:27 PM »

Should be, but you never know. Sometimes accidents happen!  :idontknow:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 06:40:59 PM »

Should be, but you never know. Sometimes accidents happen!  :idontknow:

And sometimes you just fall down  :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Tweetys_Revenge

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 07:41:40 PM »

I was thinking go to the beach house first to unload my junk first then go look around.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 09:04:31 AM »

Even with construction on 45 south would still take it before Hwy 6 like Lucky said the lights are many and long and most times of the day the traffic is bad.
Alvin,Texas

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 01:33:56 PM »

every one meeting friday afternoon at the spot?
just take it slow
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal