Local Area Meet and Greets > San Antonio Meet and Greet

Trickle charger, battery life during the non riding weeks.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gumbo:
I have a battery tender, never used it except for my 12yr old lawn tractor :stickpoke:

Bobcat Biker:
my 07 1800 still had the original battery...figured I should switch it out for the trip to Bandera...not taking chances.

Gumbo:

--- Quote from: Bobcat Biker on April 13, 2015, 09:52:06 AM ---my 07 1800 still had the original battery...figured I should switch it out for the trip to Bandera...not taking chances.

--- End quote ---

Don't worry Bobcat we'll take care of ya :thumbup:

Luckys Lover:
Two years ago, Lucky and I went out of state for a bit and left the bikes at home. When we returned after 78 days, my bike grunted a second and then fired up. Lucky's bike just spun like a champ until the carburetor refilled with gasoline and then it fired up. Still running on those batteries and no battery tenders.

I'd say if your battery is dead after 2 weeks, you gots issues.

matap:

--- Quote from: Rocket67 on April 13, 2015, 06:11:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Drewboy22 on January 26, 2015, 11:38:37 AM ---I use a Battery Tender jr.  If Im not going to ride much I stick it on there.  No Problems  :thumbup:

--- End quote ---

Ditto on the tender.  I plug in every time I park it. 

--- End quote ---

That's not good for your battery. It's not needed unless you are not going to ride for extended times. 3-4 weeks might qualify for extended times but even then. 30 minute ride at higher RPMs will charge it back up enough.

I didn't ride for a month when I had my appendix removed and road glide started right up. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version