Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 12/7/08 lunch ride  (Read 4066 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: 12/7/08 lunch ride
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 09:33:51 AM »

I'm up for a forest ride if anyone wants to go on after lunch.  O0
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »

Had a great time guys, even tho that gravel road changed our route.  Here are a couple pics

"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 06:49:50 PM »

It was a great time!  Great ride, even the "oops...it's gravel"!  I think Lucky was testing me today!!  Did I pass?  ::)  But it really was super fun, great lunch, great pie (peach and pecan, yum) and great friends!  Must do again soon!   O0

OH...P.S.  We missed you, Mar...get well soon!
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 09:23:54 PM »

Had a great time guys, even tho that gravel road changed our route.  Here are a couple pics

Looks like yall had more fun than me today.  :D

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »

Hey Bryce, was that you heading to work Saturday morning on your bike?  Or did you get some fun riding in this weekend after all?  We were behind you on Center and tried to catch up to you, but d@mn man you were hoofing it.  ;D ;D ;D Actually the lights held us back some too  :)
"Lucky" Connie
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 10:13:05 AM »

Hey Bryce, was that you heading to work Saturday morning on your bike?  Or did you get some fun riding in this weekend after all?  We were behind you on Center and tried to catch up to you, but d@mn man you were hoofing it.  ;D ;D ;D Actually the lights held us back some too  :)

I did take the bike to work both sat and sun, but i didn't go down center street, waaaaay to many lights.  As for "hoofing it"  I plead the 5th.

It was killing me both days, to be siting in the office and the right out the front door, was my bike.... just sitting there.... both saturday and sunday were very NICE days!  But the only riding i got to do was 9am to the office, and 11pm back home.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »

9am-11pm at work....D@MN that sucks.  Oh, and embarrassed face...I didn't mean to type Center, I meant Georgia
"Lucky" Connie

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »

It was a great time!  Great ride, even the "oops...it's gravel"!  I think Lucky was testing me today!!  Did I pass?  ::)  But it really was super fun, great lunch, great pie (peach and pecan, yum) and great friends!  Must do again soon!   O0

Hi Carol,

Looks like ya'll had FUN..........Jim came home stuffed....LOL

I can't get rid of this hacking cough. It's driving me crazy. Have gone to the doc and got meds and still can't shake it. I can't have fun worrying about coughing on someone...........:(
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 02:11:06 PM »

Hi Carol,

Looks like ya'll had FUN..........Jim came home stuffed....LOL

I can't get rid of this hacking cough. It's driving me crazy. Have gone to the doc and got meds and still can't shake it. I can't have fun worrying about coughing on someone...........:(

I think we all felt like "stuffed souls" when we left there, with the exception of Larry...he was the smart one!  But we couldn't entice Jim into having a bite of one of the pies...his will power was far better than mine!!

Have you tried the good old home remedy...hot tea with lemon and lots of honey...towel over the head with steam, Vicks?  That bug is nasty and takes a long time to get rid of.   :-\  This weather doesn't help matters...cold one day, hot the next!  Get well by the holidays...not good to be feeling yucky at that time of year!  ;)
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »

Get better soon, my doc said he would not give me any meds viral --- just have to ride it out, been two weeks and just starting to feel human again.  :(
Good luck with it  ::)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »

Get better soon, my doc said he would not give me any meds viral --- just have to ride it out, been two weeks and just starting to feel human again.  :(

2 months for me.

Scare to go anywhere. Like Carol said hot, then cold, hot, then cold. Dress for cold then it gets hot......weird weather.

Thanksgiving wasn't too much fun either........

Imagine going to a funeral and hacking the whole time they are preaching. Did that last weekend....... :-\ :-\ :-\
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 03:49:04 PM »

Imagine going to a funeral and hacking the whole time they are preaching. Did that last weekend....... :-\ :-\ :-\[/color]

At least it wasn't YOUR funeral...which would be horrible...hmmmmm, but then if you were hacking the whole time they were preaching, then I guess that would be a GOOD thing  :D
"Lucky" Connie

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »

Imagine going to a funeral and hacking the whole time they are preaching. Did that last weekend....... :-\ :-\ :-\[/color]

At least it wasn't YOUR funeral...which would be horrible...hmmmmm, but then if you were hacking the whole time they were preaching, then I guess that would be a GOOD thing  :D

Ya......I think that would be a good thing.........but I bet it would scare the be jezzes out of everyone...... ;D ;D ;D

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 10:54:16 AM »

If it is that flu that digs in and takes up home in your chest... yeah, had that bugger my self about 4 months ago... took almost 2 months to recover from the almost constant cough and... other related stuff.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal