Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help planning a ride along the coast  (Read 2707 times)

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
Re: Help planning a ride along the coast
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 08:28:35 PM »

spend some time visiting the sisters...
http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/SouthWest/TX/TX_3.shtml

:thumbup: Went there 12/08. All roads good. Going again 4/10. Highly recommended!

+2 for the twisted sisters. The Mrs. and I did them for the second of a three day, 900 mile back roads ride two weeks ago.

Either way, go west young man, go west! Stay on the west side of I-35 as much and long as you can. East of I-35 can get pretty flat.

Better yet, ride sorta southwest until you get good 'n lost; Get directions and gas; Rinse and repeat. Later, you can try to figure out where the heck you were.

Have fun!
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

LoneCobra

• Tejano
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »

Better yet, ride sorta southwest until you get good 'n lost; Get directions and gas; Rinse and repeat. Later, you can try to figure out where the heck you were.

Have fun!

:agree:

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »

Stick with the hill country area or head to Big Bend best parts of Texas
Alvin,Texas

Demon

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »

the hill country is ok...  that and big bend (i am yet to go to big bend) if I was going to ride 600+ miles one way from dallas I would go to Arkansa... 

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »

the hill country is ok...  that and big bend (i am yet to go to big bend) if I was going to ride 600+ miles one way from dallas I would go to Arkansa... 

You'd run North just to get farther away from Immigration and Naturalization Officers!!!  :stickpoke:

Demon

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 06:51:08 AM »

You'd run North just to get farther away from Immigration and Naturalization Officers!!!  :stickpoke:

:bikerider:

seefriedm

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 06:43:18 PM »

Can't believe it 100% chance of RAIN  :banghead: Sunday  :cuss: I had planned on getting away with the wifes mom and sister visiting (to much estrogen)...maybe next week  :goldwing:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 06:47:52 PM by seefriedm »

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »

Nice looking bike, looks like it could be rode in the rain, Honda right  ;D 100% means it will rain, doesn't mean all day, could be 15 minutes
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 09:40:15 AM »

Back from the 4/10/09 trip to the Sisters,,, weather was gray/gloomy, all roads were good, save for rocks on road from some hills S bound on 335,,,

I have to agree with Demon,,, if starting out from Dallas,,, Arkansas would be a great area as it has some beautiful scenery/hills/lakes,,,

I've jet-ski'ed many of the lakes, good stuff!!!

Definately on my 'wanna take the X there' list,,,  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:42:17 AM by Scotrod »
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal