Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Tex-Okla-NM-Co•Meet & Greet "On the Dark Side of the Moon"  (Read 13575 times)

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
T-Sirt Order info
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »

O.K. - let's give this a try.  Please forgive the trouble and another T-Shirt post but here is the scoop.

Make Payment to the PayPal account you will receive today in a Private Message.  If you do not receive a PM just send a PM to me or a Visitors Message and I will get the account to you. $22.00 per shirt.  Sorry for the cloak and dagger just don't feel comfortable putting my account out on a public forum.

I need payment and information no later than Sunday

Please • Please • Please I need the following information to keep all of this straight and ensure order and delivery of the correct Shirts:
Your Screen Name
Your name
Number of Shirts
Sizes

Please include the information with your PayPal payment.

Thanks for your cooperation in this.  Shirt guy is on my back for getting him this late...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:49:57 AM by iamrjtmac »
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
 2006 VTX 1800C3 - 2007 VT750 Shadow Spirit - 2007 Rebel 250

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
Bike Mods Sheet Reminder
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »

Just a reminder to create and print you out a Mods sheet for your bike.  Hopefully everyone will have one ready.

Remember a plastic jacket to display the sheet will be provided.

Links to 2 different examples or sheets you can use to fill are posted on the website.  The links are located in the next to the bottom section of the Info page. ( Info Page link below )

http://web.me.com/rjtmacturner/DarkSideoftheMoon/Info.html

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
T-Shirt Alert ...
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »

T-Shirt ALERT

O.K. as of 5:45 pm Sunday afternoon I have a total of 5 shirts ordered.

I will wait until around 3:00 Monday afternoon for orders.  Have to be in be end of work Monday.

We need 15 ordered.  I really thought from the feedback I had gotten that this would not be a problem but we are falling short.

Be it known - if you order and we fall short I will have your money for refund at the Gathering.

So if you intend to order please order through paypal with the information you got in your PM. If you need the paypal account PM or Visitor Message me.

Please check prior posts for all other information.
[/font]

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
T-Shirt Update ... Last Day
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 09:04:55 AM »

As of 9:50 am Monday morning (28th) we have orders for 14 shirts.  We may get this to fly after all.

Only ONE short....

Anyone else out there ?  As stated previously 3:00 pm this afternoon (Monday the 28th) is cutoff.

Surely somebody else is gonna jump in on this ....

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: Tex-Okla-NM-Co•Meet & Greet "On the Dark Side of the Moon"
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 12:00:17 PM »

You've worked your Cranberries off to get this thing off the ground and to that I take my hat comes off. I know that was alota off's in that last statement but that was the only way it could be said. Yes the Texas X Riders are a statewide assoication but unless you are in the Houston area (where the founding fathers live or lived) you'll basically get no support. Some of the North end riders (Dallas, Ft.Worth or let's say North Central riders) would possibably support this except for the Coloradoical, ROT, and some other events coming up so their saving the cash flo for those. One's that are going to Colorado don't want to make that 9 hour oneway and then turn right around and do it again in a couple of weekends. The ones going to ROT are saving their money cause those folks down there that put it on think "the little people that support us are rich" and if you've ever been then you'll know what I'm talkin about. I hope for your success and pull this off. Been riding thru that area for over 40 years and never seen Palo Duro from the inside. My bad I'm sure but maybe someday I will. Good Luck on your endeavors.
Hooter 
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »

hooter:  Itasca "Wampus Cats".  One of my top 3 favorite school mascots in the state of Texas.

Thanks for your kind words.  Really hasn't been all that much work.  Just time taken between other things that were being done.  I learned a lot putting the web site together and it has just been a fun endeavor.

I traveled to the Crockett M&G last October and had a good time.  Long ride for lunch.  I was hoping to have the same fun experience with this more local event except not have to travel quite so far this time.  I have been really surprised by the response to the gathering.  Look to have between 30 - 40 there. When I first started I was really being optimistic I thought by hoping for 10 - 12.

I am not much into crowds and large noisy gatherings.  That is some people's cup of tea, not mine.  I would much rather go to a small informal and close gathering and meet and get to know people.  Some of the out of control things that go on at the large Rally venues just don't appeal to me and certainly do not appeal to the wife.

The "Dark Side of the Moon M&G" is an alternative to such large events.  Didn't put it together to compete.  As a matter of a fact I had never even heard of ROT until the date was set for the Palo Duro gig.  I believe a member on the VTXOA forum pointed it out to me that I had planned the two at the same time.  Also was made aware of the Colorado thing about the same time.

We invited people from 5 different forums inclusive of X riders, Shadow Riders and Rebel Riders and anybody else that happen to venture on the website for an invite.

So we will see how people take to the "Dark Side of the Moon".  Still time to join in ...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:30:53 PM by iamrjtmac »

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »

"So we will see how people take to the "Dark Side of the Moon".  Still time to join in ..."

Thanks for the nice reply. Would really consider the run but I'm retired and have a shop making yard art, Bird Homes, etc. and my weekends are pretty much taken with flea market style sales. Spring and fall are the busiest times of the year for us and as much as I love road running, well just gotta do what a person gotta do! Take care.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:10:25 PM by hooter »
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
Goal Met
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »

Alright !! Goal met ... shirts will be ordered ...

Waited until 3:30 for any last minute stragglers ...  Shirt guy is not in his office.  Said he would be.  May have to wait until morning to get the order in.  That's o.k., delay is on him...

Guess everyone will have until the morning (29th) to order. Say 8:00 am.

Extended SALE !!
Get em while the last !!
Don't be left out !!
0% interest on your pre-payment !!
Make your friends envious !!
Sorry • No Trade Ins !!
Be the first on your block to get one !!

Sorry, got carried away there !!

Hope everyone likes them ...

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »

Just to let everyone know .... Final Talley ...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We had 24 shirts ordered.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »

:cool2: would like to make it but too much going on. Pheonix for work the week after and a wedding that following weekend . got to spend that time getting ready. Want to return to Palo Duro some day soon. been 30 years since last time. Hope you have a successful turn out. You have worked your butt off putting this together.
It's all just part of the adventure!

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »

37 is the count of Confirmed Attendees as of 2:00 pm June 1.

Anymore "On the Fencers" out there who have decided to be a part of the crew ?

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2012, 01:15:00 AM »

:notworthy:   I also thank you for the effort you have made to put this on!!!   I know what it is like to beg for a commitment from people!   Turkey Roost is as central as there is! Pay if you come. The more that show the cheaper it is!!  It is too hot, it is too cold, it is too wet, it is too windy, it is too far!!!!!   I could still show up with no plans!! Been on the ground before!!!    Ride safe ride long.  :couch:   
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
Just a reminder • some information • and some requests ….
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »

Just a reminder • some information • and some requests ….

I.  If you have not done so confirm your reservation at the Buffalo Inn Motel … must be done by Wednesday the 6th.

II.  Please Sign in and fill in your information on in the sign in sheet when you get to the Trading Post.

III.  Pick up a Packet either the night before or at the Trading Post.  I have prepared packets for 50+ riders ( surely that will be enough - I believe in overkill )

•  Please complete the Name Tag you will be provided in the packet and wear it.  This will make the whole event more “Attendee Friendly”.

•  If you are bringing a mods list be sure to have it packed.  A plastic display sleeve will be provided along with a ZipTie ( In your Packet ).  Check ¾ of the way down the Info Page on the website to download a copy of form or make your own.

There is still a plan to meet at the United Banking Center on the east side of town (see map on info page of the website) no later than 10:30 and proceed to the canyon as a group.  If you want to take part you are welcome.  If not meet us at the Trading Post at 11:00 am.

Everyone ride safe ... Weather looks clear - no rain forecast.

iamrjtmac

• Tejano
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2012, 02:48:27 PM »

•••  T-Shirts in hand and will be at the GATHERING  •••

iamrjtmac