Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Need volunteers to scout a couple of places.... BBT 2008 possibles..  (Read 4989 times)

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
Re: Need volunteers to scout a couple of places.... BBT 2008 possibles..
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2007, 08:47:13 PM »

8)At first glance, I would say Koyote had what was needed, but they did not have a mutual area for tent campers and RVs, also the "Barn" was why over priced....

Koyote would be a good place for a few, but not alot. If it mattered, there was, NO, cell phone reception!  Having to relocate, with other groups already having prime time reservations, makes it challenging.  The Superindedent, at the Lady Bird Park south of Fredericksburg,  was extremely receptive and offered us more than one would expect.  There is a stream/river for fishing, a 13lb bass was takin home to eat,  access to the golf course, tennis courts also included. Only draw backs;  no visual adult beverages on Sunday before noon, no ground fires, no loud profanity.................oh well!  I think this will be a positive transition. Tent anywhere, more showers, clean facilities!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:16:29 PM by txgaboy »
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2007, 09:02:19 PM »

I knew I would not get everything down in One try .... You can make your R.V. reservations now a and not pay for the extra day or days  untill you get there,,,,, they do ask if you can not make it please call... They say they will prob. fill up that weekend... There will prob something else.....  IF THIS A GO ON THIS DATE I WILL POST THE NUMBER AND TIMES FOR RESERVATIONS......
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:04:05 PM by VTreX »
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2007, 03:53:50 AM »

Sounds good Kenny. The location will of course, be perfect. Those of us that get there Thursday or earlier can camp and effectively "zone" off (unofficially, of course) the area by the RV's with our tents, figuring other people will "shy" away from the {"bad Bikers!). This will be in the same time frame that the first Bluebonnet was, so it should still be good (cool) enough, and possibly before the monsoonal rains if they come again next year! ;D  Hope the ride was good, It had to be way better than work today, LOL. I'll wait a week and turn in my leave slips for the date so I can possibly get those dates. We just now transitioned into "close down mode", beginning a three year schedule to have everything moved to other depots, so I'm not sure how that will leave us next May, but probably won't interfere with my getting leave for BBT. Thanks. Just out of curiosity, what was the main deal breaker with the Koyote?
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2007, 04:00:59 AM »

8)  There is a stream/river for fishing, a 13lb bass was takin home to eat.
Hmmm, was that 1 point 3 or thirteen??  ;D If thirteen, which fish store was it bought at? ;D
     420! Yeah, baby!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2007, 08:13:44 AM »

Most important things first: was the fishing wader-accessible? Would a fly rod be feasible? Man, I hate to hear someone killed a bass that big!!!!!! She was old and had superior genes that needed to be passed on! And last but not least, were those dates you put up in April or in May?
02 1800C

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2007, 08:29:34 AM »

I post here because my name has been mentioned in this thread.

Just for the record I think you all are a great bunch of guys & gals.  However, since I am not longer a VTX rider, I don't consider myself a MEMBER of the VTX club even though I still consider all of the wonderful friends I have made here over the past couple years to still be my friends.

I went on yesterday's ride with Kenny, RD & Wayne to ride with friends and not to in any way have an influence on the decision made in regards to next year's BBT.

I will say this,, however, the state park is beautiful and spacious and everyone who attends next year's BBT can have a great time.

Jim, Next to the photo of the 13 pounder was a photo of a 17 pounder from that same lake.
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2007, 08:50:28 AM »

Most important things first: was the fishing wader-accessible? Would a fly rod be feasible? Man, I hate to hear someone killed a bass that big!!!!!! She was old and had superior genes that needed to be passed on! And last but not least, were those dates you put up in April or in May?
Waders may not be O.K. because they have a NO Swimming in the lake rule.. Small boats with elect. motors or paddel power is fine. Fly rod should be fine even from the bank... The dates were for May... O0 O0 O0 Thanks for the questions I will go back and fix it.... O0 O0
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2007, 09:11:15 AM »

Sounds good Kenny. The location will of course, be perfect. Those of us that get there Thursday or earlier can camp and effectively "zone" off (unofficially, of course) the area by the RV's with our tents, figuring other people will "shy" away from the {"bad Bikers!). This will be in the same time frame that the first Bluebonnet was, so it should still be good (cool) enough, and possibly before the monsoonal rains if they come again next year! ;D  Hope the ride was good, It had to be way better than work today, LOL. I'll wait a week and turn in my leave slips for the date so I can possibly get those dates. We just now transitioned into "close down mode", beginning a three year schedule to have everything moved to other depots, so I'm not sure how that will leave us next May, but probably won't interfere with my getting leave for BBT. Thanks. Just out of curiosity, what was the main deal breaker with the Koyote?
For me it was two things more bang for the buck ( the barn gathering building was 300 for 1/2 day or 600 for all day at Koyote) We get a very nice pavilion for 3 days for 250. at Lady Bird, the other was price camper spots 20.00 vs 37.50---- tent 9.00 vs 20.00.. Motel and B & B choices in Fredyburg can stay the same, and be even closer to the Rally site, tent campers may have a choice at L B to camp where the trailers are or to camp close to the pavilion.... Lady Bird is a city park NOT a state park... How many do you need... Please everyone ask the questions you need answered so we can move forward.... THIS PLACE IS BIG ENOUGH TO HANDLE US FOR A LONG TIME IF IT ALL WORKS OUT!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:20:24 AM by VTreX »

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2007, 09:15:58 AM »

Jerry you can NOT choose not to be an X Rider!!!!!  You may choose NOT to claim us  but, you CON NOT rub it off..... O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D  RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG :P

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2007, 09:51:56 AM »

.... Lady Bird is a city park NOT a state park...

Kenny, thanks for correcting me.  I don't know why I thought it was a state park.  Maybe because it is so nice & big and for me it's hard to imagine a city doing anything this nice.

Here is a website for the city park: http://www.fbgtx.org/departments/ladybirdpark.htm
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2007, 09:53:21 AM »

A couple of other things that have not been noted yet:

As mentioned before, Fredericksburg is a Mecca for gatherings, hence the later date for availablilty. Many groups roll-over the dates from year to year. If the majority like the location, it can be booked a year in advance, and hopefully get an earlier date later on.

The prices and ammenities are much better than a private location, due to the fact the park is being subsidized with city sales taxes. Any monies taken in are a benefit to the city, so they want to have it full all the time.

The location is south of the High School, by the municipal airport on the edge of town. It positions the group within 17 miles of Kerrville, and only 1 mile of open (deer) space riding into Fredericksburg. Downtown is only 5 minutes away.

The Pioneer Pavilion has a full kitchen and multiple stall mens, and womens restrooms. A size guesstimate would be about 6000 covered sq.ft. Here's a link for information and some pictures.
http://www.fbgtx.org/departments/ladybirdpark.htm

Koyote Ranch: The first thing I noticed was no cell service. I have Sprint, and Wayne has AT&T, and neither of us could get a call out. This could cause of big problem if an emergency arised. Anyone staying in Kerrville would have to travel back and forth on the curves south of Kerrville on Hwy16 to get to the campground. If those people stayed late, and left to in the dark to travel back to town, it would be extremely dangerous travel.

After looking at the web-site, I think y'all will agree it's a tremendous step up, and will really improve the annual rally. Any concessions that may be made, are minimum compared to the room, facilities, and location.

Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2007, 10:28:20 AM »

Is there a way to move ALL the info post on this thread to a NEW thead for BBT V "08" O0 O0 O0

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2007, 10:48:32 AM »

As a defector who bought a Wing and sold my VTX, I would like to offer my observation of everything I've read in this thread for BBT V.  My first BBT was this year and I only rode in for the day.  I had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones.  I decided that I could not miss BBT V and that I needed to plan to stay for several days.  (Assuming ex - X riders are still welcome).  Overall, I like what I hear about Lady Bird City Park.  Sounds like a great facility, especially for the money.  We would have to be a little quieter and keep alcohol out of sight on Sunday morning but the positives outweigh the negatives from what I see.  RD, Kenny, Wayne and Jerry put in a lot of time and effort on this and I appreciate all they do for the group.  So, that's my opinion, for what it's worth. 
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2007, 12:17:25 PM »

Is there a way to move ALL the info post on this thread to a NEW thead for BBT V "08" O0 O0 O0
Sure Kenny, any moderator should have the ability to move the thread. I know Brock posseses the knowledge and ability to do it.
 This will be much cheaper in the long run, won't have to dodge deer, GRASS to walk on instead of a SLIPPERY SLOPE (This means you can drink more before you fall down ;) ) beautiful sights all around...it's all better.
   The motorcycle coordinator I talked to there said we could have a campfire, but it would have to be in a container (IE: a metal "box" or trashcan). If anyone was going to have a truck to bring up a, say, small cattle watering trough (round) or something of the like, we could even have a campfire legally.
Excellent scouting trip! Thanks for the hard work. Last year, they had a antique car show at the same park that was excellent. Quite a few of us went to it. They're always having things like this there, I know they said the woodworkers had the last two weeks in April sewed up. I had understood him to say that mothersday weekend was open, but I might have that wrong.
   Besides, this way I can stay through monday, too! We get memorial day off. ;D
   ::) All the talk of people not being a part of the group because they have a different bike now seems strange, as we've never ostracized anyone for what they ride, if they once had or even never had a X. Sure people kid around, but I can not remember anyone ever hinting someone shouldn't have a say or a right to ride with us as a member or a guest because of what they ride.
    ;D We even put up with all you "multiple bike" types! ;D YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! (small bit of jealousy there maybe?)
     420! Yeah, baby!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »

I say the Lady Bird city park would be a great place to have it. You know the whole BLUEBONNET THUNDER RALLY would go with Lady Bird and her flowers!!  8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal