Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PGR - 7/18  (Read 3865 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
Re: PGR - 7/18
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »

My wife works this Saturday. If I get a baby sitter, I will make it.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 12:36:46 PM »

Jeff, do you know the staging times, where, etc?

The link you posted doesn't work...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »

Will try and find out the times another buddy of mine are thinking about making this mission as well.Then after head over to Gruene for lunch at the Gristmill.
Alvin,Texas

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 01:10:57 PM »

Jeff, do you know the staging times, where, etc?

The link you posted doesn't work...

Yeah, sorry about that. It only works if you are signed up as a member of the Austin PGR group. Here is the text:

Confirmed mission

SPC Joshua R. Farris, 22, of Smithville, Texas, died on 9 July in Wardak Province, Afghanistan of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. His family has invited the Patriot Guard Riders to help honor his service and ultimate sacrifice for our nation.

Airport Recovery portion: Thursday, 16 July

SPC Farris will be returned via Kalitta Charter to the National Guard Facility on the south side of ABIA.

Date: Thursday, 16 July

Time: 0950 flight arrival.

Staging Location: Austin Army Aviation Support Facility, located on the south side of Austin Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA). We will stage in the parking lot in front of the facility. Note this is NOT the USPS facility on the north side. See directions below.

Staging time: 0900 - 0930 hrs.

Directions: Traveling south on Hwy 183, continue past the signs for Hwy 71 East/ABIA to Burleson Road. Turn left onto Burleson Road, travel east 1.3 miles to General Aviation Drive and turn left (north). The facility entrance is your next left. Proceed past the guard shack to the parking area.

Wx: Low 78 deg, high 100 deg. Bring at least two bottles of drinking water. Sunscreen recommended.

Notes: After airport recovery we will join the procession out to the funeral home in Smithville, approx. 40 miles. Arrive fueled and fed, and hydrate the night before and that morning.

Ride Captain: Robert Stancil, AustinPlastering@sbcglobal.net, 512-217-4740
Asst RC: Mark Wells

Funeral Service and Interment portion: Saturday, 18 July
Funeral service is scheduled for 1000 hrs at All Faith of the Pines Funeral Home in Smithville, TX, with interment following at Miller Creek Cemetery in Johnson City, TX at 1400 hrs. Again, please stand by for additional information on this portion as it is worked out.

Please make plans to demonstrate our gratitude and respect for SPC. Farris and his family during this trying time.

If anyone wants to ride down with me from Austin, or the area, PM me, and we'll figure out a spot to meet.

:flag:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 06:10:05 PM »

Funeral Service and Interment portion:

Date: Saturday, 18 July 2009

Location: All Faith of the Pines Funeral Home, 110 American Legion Dr., Smithville, TX. Map link: http://tinyurl.co...
Directions: Smithville is located approx. 11 miles east of Bastrop, TX. Traveling eastbound on Hwy 71, exit at Hwy 95S/Loop 230, travel south approx. 1 mile. Funeral Home is on the left (east) side of the road. Proceed to the rear of the property behind the building.

Timeline:
0845 - 0915 hrs staging (8:45 - 9:15 am)
0915 hrs briefing
0925 flag line in place
Funeral Service begins at 1000 hrs
Procession to the cemetery near Johnson City following the service

Austin Staging:
For those wishing to ride together from Austin, mission RC Steve von Roeder and Assistant RC Terry Ayers will depart from the 290 Cafe in Manor no later than 0745. The 290 Cafe is located two miles east of the SH130/Hwy 290 intersection on the south side of the road. All are welcome to join in the ride to Smithville.

Weather forecast: Low mid-70s., high upper 90's, 20% change of thunderstorms. Sunscreen recommended. Bring a sufficient amount of drinking water. Hydrate the night before and in the AM. A small non-perishable food ration is also highly recommended.

Notes:
Parking: Bike parking at the funeral home will be behind the building on the un-paved portion of the property. The area is grass/compacted dirt and is fairly flat. Please follow local ride captain instruction so that there will be room for all bikes and mourner vehicles on site, as parking is limited
Procession: Arrive at the funeral home fully fueled, as the procession to the cemetery is 80 miles with no intermediate stops. Closest fuel is approx. 1/2 mile east of the Hwy 95/71 intersection. This will be a hot 2 hr plus ride, so please consider the condition of yourself and your bike before committing to do it.

Ride Captain: Steve von Roeder, svroeder@sbcglobal.net, cell 512-466-5769, home phone 512-837-3843
Asst RC: Terry Ayers, mototerry@texreb.com cell 512-925-6101
Flag Wrangler: JC Clausen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cemetery Staging:
For those who plan to go directly to the cemetery, we will have a flag line in place prior to the arrival of the procession. Thank you Centex PGR for the support.

Location: Miller Creek Cemetery, located 2.7 miles east of the Hwy 281/Hwy 290 intersection SE of Johnson City. Map Link: http://tinyurl.co...
Directions: The cemetery entrance is on the north side of Hwy 290 on a curve and at the bottom of a hill approaching from either direction. It comes up fast and is not very well marked. We will have a bike or Marebare's green jeep at the entrance to help identify it as you approach. GPS coordinates of the entrance are: N 30deg 11' 43.8" and W 98deg 20' 01.6".

Timeline:
1215 - 1245 hrs staging
1245 briefing
After the briefing we can get some shade as we await arrival of the procession. Once notified that the procession is a few miles out, we will get the flag line up and have people ready to assist in parking the arriving bikes.

Ride Captain: John "TC" Wiley, johnboy@281.com, cell 325-423-2220.
Marebare, maddog & JR Hill From Centex assisting.

:flag:
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal