Tech Talk > The Garage

Tire Pressure Monitor

(1/2) > >>

Rocket67:
I just bought some cheap tire pressure monitors on Amazon to see how they work. They are $39.99 minus a $15 coupon so $25 delivered to my door today.

I want to be able to check pressure quick without having to remove a bag or wash my hands after and there is an alarm that will come through my fairing speakers if the temps or pressure are outside of the parameters I set. 

The system is JDIAG FasTPMS TP808 and they go on like valve stem covers.  You sync them with an app on your phone and can read pressure, temp and battery level from the app. 

Anyone have anything like this?

matap:
No.  I read  about a dozen reviews and I would advise against them unless you have steel valve stems.  I've read more than once that the weight of these was enough to start causing up to the point of straight up cracking the rubber valve stem causing a rapid loss of air. 

I can't confirm the validity of this but common sense tells me there might be some truth to this.  The only real good TPMS are the ones where the sensor is actually inside the rim. 

I'm going to get some for my 5th wheel but those tires since they inflate to 90 PSI have steel valve stems. 

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: matap on April 05, 2019, 08:00:18 AM ---No.  I read  about a dozen reviews and I would advise against them unless you have steel valve stems.  I've read more than once that the weight of these was enough to start causing up to the point of straight up cracking the rubber valve stem causing a rapid loss of air. 

I can't confirm the validity of this but common sense tells me there might be some truth to this.  The only real good TPMS are the ones where the sensor is actually inside the rim. 

I'm going to get some for my 5th wheel but those tires since they inflate to 90 PSI have steel valve stems.

--- End quote ---

Tomato, tamata.  How fast do you have to be going to break a valve stem? 

xcaliber:
Gumbo had one split on the way to BBT year before last. left us stranded in some little burg called Three Rivers. When you get steel valve stems , make sure it is the type that the steel goes all the way to the rim. The ones that have a lot of rubber gasket between the stem and the wheel are notorious for splitting and can be a bit hard to find the leak. I have also heard that the stem mounted TPMS have a tendency to crack rubber valves. Good Luck.

Rocket67:
I'll let you know if something happens.  I haven't see anything regarding what you are talking about and I have been looking. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version