Tech Talk > The Garage

No head light

(1/2) > >>

Gumbo:
Ok was having a problem with the bike starting, checked everything voltage wise, come to conclusion it was the switch, took it apart cleaned everything slapped it back and perfect starts as it always did!!
Now no headlight, all other lights are working fine, checked fuse 10AMP fine, any ideas??
What are to two leads that attach to the switch housing under the front brake for, thinking they might have something to do with the problem.

matap:
There must something not touching inside the switch.  Since it turned on before and now the bike turns the switch is designed to turn power off to light while cranking.  So it has to be back in that switch.  pull it apart again and make sure the tabs are all connecting.  I remember having to take apart the switch on my old 1800 for a similar reason. 

Gumbo:

--- Quote from: matap on September 22, 2017, 03:02:09 PM ---There must something not touching inside the switch.  Since it turned on before and now the bike turns the switch is designed to turn power off to light while cranking.  So it has to be back in that switch.  pull it apart again and make sure the tabs are all connecting.  I remember having to take apart the switch on my old 1800 for a similar reason.

--- End quote ---

Taken it apart two times, let me give it another go, third time might be the charm.  :thumbup:

Gumbo:
If all else fails, replace bulb!!!
Done and done!

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: Gumbo on September 22, 2017, 04:16:25 PM ---If all else fails, replace bulb!!!
Done and done!

--- End quote ---

Problem: Headlight does not work.
Solution: Replace headlight

LOL. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version