VTX Related Rides > Statewide Rides

Big Bend - March 11-15 2017

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bobcat Biker:

--- Quote from: Rocket67 on May 23, 2016, 09:16:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: matap on May 23, 2016, 08:00:33 AM ---Sign me up.  This should be plenty of time for me to plan accordingly. 

--- End quote ---

Day 1 goes through Bandera and to Camp Wood via 337 then north and back down 674 (Through Kickapoo) to Del Rio.  I am trying to stay under 500 miles a day but will not be staying in the same place twice so I don't have to keep retracing my routes. 

Day 2 is Del Rio through Terlinguia and to the River Road (170) , then up 67 all the way to Balmorhea. 

Day 3 is South on 118 and will end up at the Chisos Basin Lodge and I planned the ride there at only 160 miles so I'll ge there early enough to explore the park on foot and/or on bike.  There is a long dead end road in the park that looks really great to ride but you have to go up and come back the same way unless you want to take a few dirt roads. 

I haven't planned after that yet but am going to try and make it the most interesting 2 day trip home.  Maybe heading North from there. 

--- End quote ---

Just give a time and day and I will meet you in Bandera and then go on from there..

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: Bobcat Biker on May 23, 2016, 01:33:33 PM ---Just give a time and day and I will meet you in Bandera and then go on from there..

--- End quote ---

It's a bit early to make the call but I am a solid 6 hours from Bandera and I know you are a bit further than I am.  Tentatively we'll propbably be looking at 2PM and then lunch.  We'll be 3 hours from Del Rio so if we get there by 2 and take 45min-60min to eat we could get on the road and hit Del Rio by 6PM and if I am not mistaken that is about when it starts to get dark in March.

Bobcat Biker:
I may have to break this ride up...here to San Antonio...San Antonio to Bandera....It's cool...good long, solo ride.

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: Bobcat Biker on May 24, 2016, 01:56:34 PM ---I may have to break this ride up...here to San Antonio...San Antonio to Bandera....It's cool...good long, solo ride.

--- End quote ---

I was like what...but get it now.  You taking Friday off for that one?  Isn't Bandera closer?

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: Bobcat Biker on May 24, 2016, 01:56:34 PM ---I may have to break this ride up...here to San Antonio...San Antonio to Bandera....It's cool...good long, solo ride.

--- End quote ---

On a side note, I was thinking about Austin as a destination for Day 4 so we would all be closer to home for the last leg.  Maybe we could find a place on 6th Street to stay the night.    :c

Of course that is 476 miles but I am good with that considering Day 3 is a short day and I planned on spending most of my time in the park. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version