VTX Related Rides > Statewide Rides

Big Bend - March 11-15 2017

(1/5) > >>

Rocket67:
So, I have the green light to use next years Spring Break for a ride to Big Bend. I don't intend on being gone the entire week but at least a few days of it.  I am thinking about leaving Saturday and coming back Wednesday.  It's a long way off so plenty of time to figure out the details.  I will take off the entire week so can be flexible on scheduling.  I think the weather should be the right temp for this long of a ride.  

So now, time to start looking at roads/routes.  There is one set of roads the looks a lot like the twisted sisters but other than those I don't see a lot of twisty hilly roads.    

matap:
Sign me up.  This should be plenty of time for me to plan accordingly. 

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: matap on May 23, 2016, 08:00:33 AM ---Sign me up.  This should be plenty of time for me to plan accordingly.  

--- End quote ---

Day 1 goes through Bandera and to Camp Wood via 337 then north and back down 674 (Through Kickapoo) to Del Rio.  I am trying to stay under 500 miles a day but will not be staying in the same place twice so I don't have to keep retracing my routes.  

Day 2 is Del Rio through Terlinguia and to the River Road (170) , then up 67 all the way to Balmorhea.  

Day 3 is South on 118 and will end up at the Chisos Basin Lodge and I planned the ride there at only 160 miles so I'll ge there early enough to explore the park on foot and/or on bike.  There is a long dead end road in the park that looks really great to ride but you have to go up and come back the same way unless you want to take a few dirt roads. 

I haven't planned after that yet but am going to try and make it the most interesting 2 day trip home.  Maybe heading North from there.  

Rocket67:
I am taking suggestions on roads to hit while I am there.  My routes are in the planning stage so can easily be changed.

Rocket67:
Ok, dates will be 11-15th. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version