VTX Related Rides > Statewide Rides

Looking for a good ride in October

(1/2) > >>

Rocket67:
I am most likely going to have a few vacation days that I cannot roll over to 2017 (first world problem) and am thinking that October would be a good month to burn them up.  I probably can't take all 4 in the same week but I am thinking at least one 4 day weekend ride.  So, what I am wondering is...anyone have some good ideas for this.  I might be able to make it a 5 day vacation if need be.  

I have already been to the Pig Trail in Arkansas and Bandera.  I am thinking this should be an opportunity to go somewhere I have never been.  

Ok, GO!

xcaliber:
Big bend

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: xcaliber on May 11, 2016, 09:01:08 AM ---Big bend

--- End quote ---

I was thinking about that one and October would be a great time to go.  I could route so that I am staying closer to home on Saturday night to make the Sunday ride relaxing and not too long.  There is one road that follows the Rio Grande I would really like to ride but not sure what else there is.  I have looked online and there are a couple of "Twisted Sister" type highways but not many.  I am going to be looking into that one for sure but open to other rides. 

Isorg:

--- Quote from: xcaliber on May 11, 2016, 09:01:08 AM ---Big bend

--- End quote ---
Big Bend!

Bobcat Biker:
I was just looking at the ride to Big Bend from here.  8-9 hours just to get there, if I took the highway all the way there.  How many days in Big Bend after that should I plan?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version