Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: No Smoking Ordinance  (Read 9582 times)

Swampfox

Re: No Smoking Ordinance
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 01:20:28 PM »

Hey Bill miss you Last time you were out Hope to get the Gang out your way soon but I will still bring my IQ Tobaca and Pipe with me. :)

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 01:26:19 PM »

I consider myself a considerate smoker. I haven't smoked in my own home for over 12 years. I don't like to stay in hotel rooms that are smoking rooms, I'd rather go outside. I use Listerine strips to cover smokers breath, and my clothes don't smell like smoke, because I smoke outside. I've had employee's that had known me for some time, and were shocked to find out that I smoked. I don't put up a fuss if I can't smoke in a resturant, and I generally sit in the non-smoking section for the comfort of the non-smoker's I'm with.

The Rub: If I'm in a smoking section of a resturants patio, and minding my own business, why do I have to continue to be considerate of others, when I hear "fake" coughing, or rude comments. Haven't I done enough? I have some rights, too!

sorry if i offended you, it was only a joke and Jason suggested it anyway.  ;D

No... no offense taken. As a matter of fact...you've traveled with me..do you feel that I'm inconsiderate of your "non-smokingness"? I just get pissed of at how far in the "back forty" most people want smoker's to be. If I'm in "my" designated area. (if I have one) why, do some people STILL have to be inconsiderate of my rights?

oh i thought you were very considerate and let me sleep while you and Jason did your thing...outside.
did that sound ok? ;D

J/K...
I felt you were very conscience of which way the wind blew and when and where you smoked.

but i think that drunk cowboy in the 11th street bar was blowing smoke at jason on purpose. :-*
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Swampfox

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 01:27:31 PM »

Hey RD you can tell your Cranberries is sore.  LOL let have a smoke out or in...
Glad your good
Later Sir President

P.S. I bet your pool turned green while you were gone unless you Shock the hell out of it and used no more problems.

Swampfox

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »

Hey this is a fun suject but I got to go check the stats  8)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 01:43:45 PM by Swampfox »

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 02:01:41 PM »

P.S. I bet your pool turned green while you were gone unless you Shock the hell out of it and used no more problems.

No...that's the daughter's job to take care of it.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

BDC

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »

Guess I won't have to offer Dusty a cigar, now will I? ;D

Dusty

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 06:17:52 PM »

Guess I won't have to offer Dusty a cigar, now will I? ;D

You know damn well I roll my own.  >:( >:( >:( ;D ;)

It's the tobacco that I think stinks. But, I like the smell of most flavored pipe tobacco. I even smoke a flavored cigar from time to time. At least once a year.
Hell, I dated Anette for five years and she smokes. But, she is like RD and everyone else on this board that I have met, they are considerate of others that don't smoke. If I'm with a smoker and we go to eat, I let them pick the smoking or non-smoking. I'll deal with it if they choose the smoking. Some people need the nicotine or feel that strongly about their right to smoke.
I wasn't gunning for anyone or pointing a finger,at anyone, I just don't see how a government can dictate to a private business how they should control the atmosphere in their establishment. Or how an establishment can have a rotating dress code.

Bill

Dusty

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 06:23:56 PM »

sounds like you've had a difficult life.

"e", actually I have had a really easy life. I was born into a rich family. The youngest at that and I've never had to work a day in my life. If I want it, I buy it. I even have someone else wash and polish my bike.
I'm a 52 year old spoiled Cranberries who doesn't beleive in being politically correct. Sue me!  :-*

I would like to understand the meaning behind your response because as usual, it went right over my ignorant head.   ???

Dusty

;)

Dusty

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 07:26:16 PM »

Well, it didn't take long. There is already a lawsuit filed or one going to be filed against the city. Update at 10:00.  ;D

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 06:41:41 AM »

I'm a non-smoker and have asthma.  I don't mind if people smoke in public as long as I don't have to breath the second hand smoke.  Those of us who have breathing problems should be allowed to go out to eat etc., without being exposed to the smoke.  As long as public areas have good ventilation there is not be a problem.
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »

Yeah pat, that makes sense, but where do you draw the line on accomodating people with illnesses? Should women have to take off their perfume when they go out to lunch or dinner because there may be people with asthma or allergic reactions to scents at the restaraunt? Or make everyone stop using their Irish spring soap 'cause it's so strong? I myself can't stand being around strong perfume, but when does it become my right to tell a woman if i'm the restaraunt owner to leave because it may bother someone???
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 02:54:18 PM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

iluvink

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 10:56:19 AM »

When I used to smoke, I always hated that my cigarette burned too fast when I was smoking and ridiing at the same time.  Even with a front shield.  It was self-ashing though.....

Todd

• Tejano
  • HA HA Avatar works! (now if I'd only update it)
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 12:58:28 PM »

I used to smoke, so I know what you are talking about.  However, some people will not quit exercising their 'power', that has been given to them, over you, until you cease and desist your smoking, and lose all their power.  Then they'll just go on to Buck Rogers about something else that does not affect them, like, say, motorcycle helmet laws.............

Todd
Swing the Swappers!

Roller

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 07:14:07 PM »

Well I've been in bars that wouldn't let me smoke a cigar, but 10 people around me could smoke cigs. (and I think my cigars smell much better than a cigarette! :))  Me and my wife don't go out much because of the smoke in clubs, but we may now.  If the clubs stay open. 

...and regarding government and rights, it's only as much as the folks allow.  If a majority of Bmt. was to stand up and voice strong opinions before the vote by city council, things might have been different.  But I think most people like the 100% ban, because most are non-smokers.  Others opposed the ban, but didn't make it a high enough priority on their calendars to make a stand.  If the city would have said they were going to impose a $2.00 per gallon tax on gas, all hell would have broke loose and city wouldn't have done it. Not and stay an elected official.  Didn't happen with the ban so we got it.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 07:52:09 PM »

I consider myself a considerate smoker. I haven't smoked in my own home for over 12 years. I don't like to stay in hotel rooms that are smoking rooms, I'd rather go outside. I use Listerine strips to cover smokers breath, and my clothes don't smell like smoke, because I smoke outside. I've had employee's that had known me for some time, and were shocked to find out that I smoked. I don't put up a fuss if I can't smoke in a resturant, and I generally sit in the non-smoking section for the comfort of the non-smoker's I'm with.

The Rub: If I'm in a smoking section of a resturants patio, and minding my own business, why do I have to continue to be considerate of others, when I hear "fake" coughing, or rude comments. Haven't I done enough? I have some rights, too!

Where have you been, RD? You only have rights if you are violating the laws. Law-abiding citizens have no rights........
02 1800C
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal