Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Spring Thing 2009  (Read 24108 times)

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Spring Thing 2009
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2009, 11:23:16 AM »

Hey guys I can't fix alot of anything on the board. But like most of us we have a few questions and would like to be asked before anything major( or Major to us) Is changed. Thats not a lot to ask. Now When some people have to throw out little I got you marks like this "No different than me paying out of my pocket to keep this site running."
We, I have answer to that. I can host it. Or About 10 of my friends have servers at home that can do it too.
Now I am no longer up set about spring thing. Whats done is done. Now Brock as a President being Moderator,  site admin. is unherd of on any of the other forms i have been apart of. Now i am not the only one who feels this way, There is a lot more who do. I am not going to call anyone out. Just think about how this is being run BOD. We all know that not one person should be able to hold all of these titles. Now Brock I can fix how much you PAY to keep this site running as well as get more Moderators.  Maybe all this is slowing you down thats why you can't every come to a cen-tex meet and greet.
Well just in case you band me for my out burst.

Xriders i love this board,   I enjoy the hell out of all most all of you, I just can't Stand look at me stabs towards the group.

I am sure that the Members would be willing to pay for the cost of the boad to if it was run the way we wanted ;)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:38:03 AM by CouldBFaster »
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2009, 11:26:14 AM »

Criminy, Trent, didn't you see the duckies and bunnies? I think you need more cowbell!!!  :laugh:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2009, 11:41:45 AM »

Criminy, Trent, didn't you see the duckies and bunnies? I think you need more cowbell!!!  :laugh:

Now Jeff I don't normally get on a soap box, but that statement rubbed me the wrong way. thats the only reason for my post. Show other options.

Also Jeff where the hell have you been I have not seen you since you came to the Rot thing last year.

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2009, 11:42:47 AM »

:t :bikerider: :agree: :simmadown: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:I like icons green ones :cuss: :c :c
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Xmark

• Old Timer
  • San Marcos, TX
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2009, 11:43:26 AM »

Maybe someone can give me a history lesson here...
What is the role of the BOD ("Board of Directors" I'm assuming) and why was it formed?
Is this a "Motorcycle Club" or a loosely organized "Riding group"?
Is there a membership fee or any other requirments to be a "member" here?

These are serious questions... I'm interested in this groups history and why things are the way they are.
There may also be other new members here that would benefit from this info.

My history...
I come from a VTX riding group (Calvtxriders) that had no BOD and no rules. The only purpose was to meet other VTXers, plan rides and get-togethers and have fun! "Fast, Fun and Friendly" was the moto. That group is like a big, disfunctional family. There were (and are) disagreements and bickering. If you ever want to see some drama, check out the "Learning Channel" forum over there (similar to your "General Discussions" forum here). BigLarry is the board admin and tries to keeps the peace, God bless him. No BOD to discuss this or that. Just Larry and the members. Larry calls it a "self cleaning" forum... if someone starts some crap, the members weed them out. As disfunctional as the Cali board can be, it's the best group of misfits I've ever been associated with! We planned rides, partied our asses off and HAD FUN! PERIOD. I met more friends in the three years I rode with them then I've met in my entire life! It always amazed me how we fought on the board, but as soon as WE RODE TOGETHER all was right with the world. It was soooo important to RIDE TOGETHER and until you did... you were no body.
I didn't say all this to give the impression that the Calvtxers do it better... just different.
My intent was to offer a contrasting view. That's all. Take it or leave it.
I only hope I'm able to meet more VTXers here and continue my fondest past time activity... RIDING THE VTX!

I'm interested to learn why things are the way they are here and try my best to "fit in".
Maybe it would be best to get the 'inside scoop" at a M/G. What ya say ya'll come on over to Bikini's in San Marcos this Sunday at 2pm and "enlighten" me. :stickpoke: ;) ;) ;)

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers.
What you do today, might Burn Your butt Tomorrow"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »

Now Jeff I don't normally get on a soap box, but that statement rubbed me the wrong way. thats the only reason for my post. Show other options.

Also Jeff where the hell have you been I have not seen you since you came to the Rot thing last year.

Just meant to inject a little humor, Trent. A lot of folks have weighed in, and more feelings have been hurt on this one than probably was needed. Sorry to rub you the wrong way, (or any kind of way, actually...)

You would have seen me if you would have showed up for the Hallettsville ride I led, like you said you were going to. No worries. And if I wasn't going to Canada, and the Spring Thing had not been postponed, I would have showed up tomorrow. Not overnight, because I'm a Taco that doesn't camp, but it would have been nice to see you all, and for more than the 15 minutes I hung around for last year.

Now, more cowbell!

:thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2009, 11:55:25 AM »

What is the role of the BOD ("Board of Directors" I'm assuming) and why was it formed?

These are serious questions... I'm interested in this groups history and why things are the way they are.

My history...
I come from a VTX riding group (Calvtxriders) that had no BOD and no rules. The only purpose was to meet other VTXers, plan rides and get-togethers and have fun! "Fast, Fun and Friendly" was the moto. That group is like a big, disfunctional family. There were (and are) disagreements and bickering. If you ever want to see some drama, check out the "Learning Channel" forum over there (similar to your "General Discussions" forum here). BigLarry is the board admin and tries to keeps the peace, God bless him. No BOD to discuss this or that. Just Larry and the members. Larry calls it a "self cleaning" forum... if someone starts some crap, the members weed them out. As disfunctional as the Cali board can be, it's the best group of misfits I've ever been associated with! We planned rides, partied our asses off and HAD FUN! PERIOD. I met more friends in the three years I rode with them then I've met in my entire life! It always amazed me how we fought on the board, but as soon as WE RODE TOGETHER all was right with the world. It was soooo important to RIDE TOGETHER and until you did... you were no body.
I didn't say all this to give the impression that the Calvtxers do it better... just different.
I only hope I'm able to meet more VTXers here and continue my fondest past time activity... RIDING THE VTX!

I'm interested to learn why things are the way they are here and try my best to "fit in".
Maybe it would be best to get the 'inside scoop" at a M/G. What ya say ya'll come on over to Bikini's in San Marcos this Sunday at 2pm and "enlighten" me. :stickpoke: ;) ;) ;)

I will be doing my best to be there. I would look foward to meeting you.
Afew of us are still capming tomorrow night.

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2009, 11:58:34 AM »

Just meant to inject a little humor, Trent. A lot of folks have weighed in, and more feelings have been hurt on this one than probably was needed. Sorry to rub you the wrong way, (or any kind of way, actually...)

You would have seen me if you would have showed up for the Hallettsville ride I led, like you said you were going to. No worries. And if I wasn't going to Canada, and the Spring Thing had not been postponed, I would have showed up tomorrow. Not overnight, because I'm a Taco that doesn't camp, but it would have been nice to see you all, and for more than the 15 minutes I hung around for last year.

Now, more cowbell!

:thumbup:

Brother, you did not rub me the wrong way the Post by our president did.
I am sorry you felt that way. I got the cowbell thing... LAMO

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

bigdogsgal

• Old Timer
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2009, 12:29:47 PM »

My history...

Well, you basically have the definition right.  There was some structure but in place sometime ago because Texas X Rides does collect funds for our annual statewide event.  The funds collected cover the cost of the event. 

Texas X Riders does not have a business license and is not a membership club; we do not charge any membership fees.  If we were to charge fees then we would have to apply for a non profit license and get involved with the patch riding clubs.  That is not what this board is about nor has anyone wanted to take this forum to that level.

The primary objective of the BOD is to organize BBT event and manage the site.  So you can say that those on the BOD do pay, with time that is.  Being a board member, I alone donated well over 100 hours putting together the BBT event last year.  I voluteered for this role and am proud to help facilitate where I can. 

The BOD does meet occasionally and the meet site is posted typically on the general board.  Any member is welcome to attend and voice opinions or help with the organized event or organize local riding meets.  The last BOD meeting was in January and no member outside the board attended.  Please join us next time.

Hope this provides more insight to the BOD.  you might also want to review the By Laws.

'05 1800F Black Cherry Red Spec 3

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »

Hey guys I can't fix alot of anything on the board. But like most of us we have a few questions and would like to be asked before anything major( or Major to us) Is changed. Thats not a lot to ask. Now When some people have to throw out little I got you marks like this "No different than me paying out of my pocket to keep this site running."
We, I have answer to that. I can host it. Or About 10 of my friends have servers at home that can do it too.
Now I am no longer up set about spring thing. Whats done is done. Now Brock as a President being Moderator,  site admin. is unherd of on any of the other forms i have been apart of. Now i am not the only one who feels this way, There is a lot more who do. I am not going to call anyone out. Just think about how this is being run BOD. We all know that not one person should be able to hold all of these titles. Now Brock I can fix how much you PAY to keep this site running as well as get more Moderators.  Maybe all this is slowing you down thats why you can't every come to a cen-tex meet and greet.
Well just in case you band me for my out burst.

Xriders i love this board,   I enjoy the hell out of all most all of you, I just can't Stand look at me stabs towards the group.

I am sure that the Members would be willing to pay for the cost of the boad to if it was run the way we wanted ;)

I had a long response typed up, but I don't feel I need to respond anymore to the jabs except for 2.  Banning...why would I ban you?  That was a lame comment.  The second is me coming to a cen-tex meet and greet because I'm not even sure where that came from.  I have yet to see you at any Houston M&G's as well and I've only missed maybe a dozen in 5 years.

If you have some questions that you feel need to be answered on a personal level, feel free to send me a pm.
Chunk the llama.

Gupone

• Tejano
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2009, 01:17:10 PM »

Gang,

havent we hashed this out long enough.  I am somewhat a new member and this is not showing me the class I expected out of folks that are my age (over 40).  I am sure there is some bad blood with folks and we get that in all walks of life but its only an event, not a political or life altering issue.  I was just looking for some good folks to ride with since most of my friends and family do not have a bike and it is boring at times riding by myself.  I guess I will just have to join the Harley Clubs.   :ohwow:

Hell Like I keep suggesting, lets put something together in the next few weeks and have some good outdoor fun.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:21:42 PM by Gupone »
VTX 1800N Spec2 V&H Long Shots.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2009, 01:24:21 PM »

I stated as well, that anyone is more than welcome to continue whatever they want.  I guess some keep seeing the dead horse twitching a bit.
Chunk the llama.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »

The Tri-City is coming up on April 11th (Easter Weekend); why wait till August.
Find it, set it & lets do it.  :bikerider:   :c  :cool2:   :flag:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Gupone

• Tejano
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2009, 01:44:56 PM »

The Tri-City is coming up on April 11th (Easter Weekend); why wait till August.
Find it, set it & lets do it.  :bikerider:   :c  :cool2:   :flag:

Beaux43, what is the tri-city thing.  I did not see a post on it from the main page?
VTX 1800N Spec2 V&H Long Shots.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2009, 02:02:53 PM »

It is a gathering of the Austin & Cen-Tex area, San Antonio & Greater Houston Riders.  Everyone comes together for a M&G.  The last occurred in Halletsville,Tx. 

The next is scheduled for North of Shiner in Moulton, Tx. 
Someone can corect me, but I think there were 46-48 bikes last time.  You will be able to put a face with a name from those registered to the site/board.  You will meet many of those that are actively posting on the board.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal