Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Spring Thing 2009  (Read 24086 times)

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
Re: Spring Thing 2009
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »

Yeah and apparently you never even came close to getting the point.  Or was it ignored?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:11:39 PM by RocknRoll »
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »

Yeah and apparently you never even came close to getting the point.  Or was it ignored?

I'm not the one missing it. 

We go back too far for this to continue Pete, unless you're ready to keep it up only to hurt a friendship.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:40:27 PM by j1mmyj4m »
Chunk the llama.

RedDragon

« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2009, 08:42:57 PM »

Well, I think the bitching back and forth about it has gone as far as it can go! There is no need in ruining friendships over this, for christ sake it was a camp out. With anything that goes on with so many people there are going to be differences. There is no way around it. But what do you do, you take what has happened and learn from it, discuss it in your BOD or whatever meetings and take some steps to this not happening again. Bickering know is pointless! :boxing:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

crewsnchic

• Tejano
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2009, 08:49:29 PM »

Okay - let me go ahead and put my 2 cents in - whether it counts or not. I understand everyone's frustration - both sides! If no one has ever lost money - no matter who fronted the money then what was the concern. The first spring fling only hosted 5 people and some who drove up for the day - and no one lost money (correct me if I am wrong). The people who showed up may have payed more than expected, but that is what friends do when getting together having a good time. I am very sad to see everyone misunderstand the purpose of everyone's frustration. I believe the BOD should respect the members and understand that more of a % is paid by the members than the BOD. One question, how many BOD were attending and how many members were attending? In order for all to be fair, members should be included in all decisions. As for my dear friends who are caught in the cross fire - I feel for them. They are wonderful people and should not be pointed out as individuals. A decision was made and one that can not be changed, I love them for who they are and especially certain ones are in my prayers as we speak.  Just maybe everyone needs to read the remarks for what they are and not take them to heart. The last I knew this was a free country and we all have freedom of speech. Speak your mind and don't let a good friendship come to an end just because something may have been misread or misunderstood. Remember, the way you take it by reading it may have not been the tone in the voice that wrote it. Hope to see good friends soon (April - BBT) and open showville for anyone who can handle it.

RedDragon

« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2009, 09:01:04 PM »

Remember, the way you take it by reading it may have not been the tone in the voice that wrote it.

:agree:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2009, 09:22:24 PM »

I am sad!!!!

Don't be sad Kenny, such is life.
I do want to thank you for being so forth coming with information though. I had no idea that there were overages from last year. Nor was i aware that there was intention to try and continue to raise seed money for the next spring fling as well. I was also glad to see that YOU involved the BOD due to the extra money. this is the type of info that should be disclosed for all that are interested. The "spring fling" will go on don't worry about that Kenny.
I even had some extra beads I was going to loan you! :thumbup: :ohwow:
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2009, 09:25:42 PM »

SO, SPRING THANG IS CANCELLED?   :cuss:    LOL!    Not trying to  :pot:   just lighten the mood!

Cheers to everyone; have a coke and a smile or your favorite beverage  :c of choice.

Looks like everyone should have nice weather for a Sunday ride.  So get out & take a deep breath and "CRANK THAT THROTTLE"!

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »

It was me. It had to be me. It was in my name. But it was the groups money. So please direct all gripes my direction. I am a big boy and can handle it. All I can say is that it was thought to be the best decision for the future of the Spring Thing. We did not want to put the weight of the entire expense on just a few that would show up. Sorry.

Randy, definetly no need to apologize. thats not what this is all about or should be about. whats done is done and nothing is gonna change. The last thing you need right now is to worry about this crap. we'll just chalk this up to live and learn. BTW I had made up a fresh batch of my deer jerky for the fling, now it looks like i'm just gonna have it all to myself. ;D :thumbup:

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2009, 09:37:05 PM »

SO, SPRING THANG IS CANCELLED?   :cuss:    LOL!    Not trying to  :pot:   just lighten the mood!

Cheers to everyone; have a coke and a smile or your favorite beverage  :c of choice.

Looks like everyone should have nice weather for a Sunday ride.  So get out & take a deep breath and "CRANK THAT THROTTLE"!

WHAT!!!!!! the Spring Fling is cancelled, what the f$#k. when did this happen? This really pisses me off!!! :thumbup: :laugh:

Dusty

« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2009, 09:41:17 PM »

TarterSauce it I quit, I am totally shocked by the childish behavior displayed here by some who I know for a fact that didn't give a tinkers damn about going except for thier own personal interest. Disband the BOD, do away with the Presidents position, let Brock moderate until he is sick of it and just wing the functions like we did in the beginning. It was fun and adventurous back then. Frankly all the so called improvements have gone against the meaning of riding free. What a bunch of whiners. One damn weekend out of your whole life and you want to turn on your brothers and friends. You act like you are paying the BOD for the work they do. They made the right decision with or without your vote. The weekend is still gonna come, head for the sunshine and enjoy it.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2009, 11:38:36 PM »

:agree:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2009, 08:27:28 AM »

WOW, who needs daytime soap operas when there is the TXR Forum??

Like Beaux43, not trying to make light of people's feelings, just trying to be lighthearted and help dispel the pressure that has built
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2009, 09:05:29 AM »

:-\
Chunk the llama.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2009, 09:19:29 AM »

Where are the bunnies? Have to have puppies AND bunnies for this one....  ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2009, 09:38:52 AM »

Here are some bunnies
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal