Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Spring Thing 2009  (Read 24149 times)

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: Spring Thing 2009
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2009, 10:13:29 PM »

FYI:

Obama don't like motorcyclists... 

He sent the cold weather down to ruin our good time...

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2009, 10:17:43 PM »

FYI:

Obama don't like motorcyclists... 

He sent the cold weather down to ruin our good time...

Actually, you may be on to something! Maybe Snake since he couldn't come called in a favor to his old Bud!  :t Just Kidding Snake heal up dude!

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2009, 10:21:22 PM »

Obama particularly hates VTX riders.
Viva the revolution  :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2009, 10:28:08 PM »

Pussies... I'll be in Toronto, where it really gets cold...

:stickpoke: :boxing: :pot: :couch:

In a tent?
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

hooter

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2009, 10:34:54 PM »

hey Geri, I think this is a great Idea.  I had planned to take off 2 days of work, but not for 45degree weather and Rain.  Smart idea for Whoever decided.

Earl, will be their in Aug.  HOT or Not

As it turned out I had to back out anyway due to work but if it's rescheduled for Aug then I'll be there. The only people I've ever heard complain about the heat in Texas in Aug weren't from here anyway. My calender is marked for Aug,  :c

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2009, 06:26:38 AM »

nothing stopping ya'll from goin' that want to go. If I had spent the money on an rv and groceries, I'd send out a msg to all that still interested and I'd go but I'm not gonna ride and camp in a tent knowing it's most likly to rain not fair for you rv'ers to expect us to do so. Go have fun!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2009, 07:05:59 AM »

This is the unfortunate consequence of taking a perfectly good "public" forum and turning it into an "organization/club/group" what ever you want to call it. Seen it happen a few times now. Who decided the BOD was going to take over this event? How do you figure funds would be lost? everyone knew that was showing up it was pay per attendance. the way I count it was less than $50 per person even with the bad weather.
Jen and myself
trent and christina
I'll only list those names but looking at posts there were at least 6 more that were coming regardless. It also appeared that even some of the BOD members were still going less tha 24 hours before postponing this. sooooooo, do the math and tell me how it's more than $100 per person. It's not about making everyone happy, it's about using common sense and giving everyone that actively participates on this forum the courtesy of a choice. As far as getting as many X riders together, I've been to meet and greets that had 5 or 6 people show and some with over 100.
For those on the BOD, I think you need to evaluate how you go about making decisions for the group. Let common sense and respect for others be a bigger factor in that process than money!
To Randy and Vanessa, you guys our in our prayers. 
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2009, 07:11:14 AM »

Pussies... I'll be in Toronto, where it really gets cold...

:stickpoke: :boxing: :pot: :couch:
Sir, need i remind you that this is a public forum. Language like that will not be tolerated!
so how much ridin' you doin' while your there? :ohwow:

:stickpoke: :cuss: :stickpoke: :pot: :boxing:

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2009, 07:26:40 AM »

Sir, need i remind you that this is a public forum. Language like that will not be tolerated!
so how much ridin' you doin' while your there? :ohwow:

:stickpoke: :cuss: :stickpoke: :pot: :boxing:

The wife or the bike? It's Canada, so we'll be plenty likkered up, meaning the wife gets it at least once!!  :thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Gupone

• Tejano
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2009, 07:46:21 AM »

Gang,

I have suggested to a couple folks through PMs that mabe we can do this for the folks that are interested in the next few weeks at a different venue.  There are so many parks around this wonderful area that you have many options for camping.  Most places will charge on average $18 per night for a hook up RV spot and less for primitive / tent camping spots.  I just would not let this stop us from getting together as the weather will get better in the next week or so.  If we do it just from Fri-Sun then most  of everyone will not even miss out on work.

I know this whole "Spring Thing" has been an emotional issue but lets pull ourselves together and come up with a solution in order to have some good fun and meet folks who love to ride and get together.  How about one of the MODs start a new thread and get some input, maybe dates, venues and head counts.

What can it hurt?  :flag:

VTX 1800N Spec2 V&H Long Shots.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2009, 10:17:42 AM »

It took $450 to reserve the ability for everyone TO show up.  This is not "a money making scheme" as some of you appear to be accusing.  That money was originally paid out of Randy's pocket.  No different than me paying out of my pocket to keep this site running.  The weekends left to keep the reservations and money paid down were limited.  You need to take a step back and relax to take a look at the big picture.

This decision was decided at the last minute by a couple of members of the BOD and guess who else...KENNY.  It was not voted on as I do not see there was time to do so.  I received a call saying it was rescheduled and agreed with the decision based on what the circumstances were.

KENNY, agreed to have the BOD absorb the initial cost of the rally.  How many of you would have ponied up $450 of your own money only HOPING it would be reimbursed by those who show up?  Especially, on a cold and wet weekend?  Those of you with RV's need to think about the campers with tents.

I had no dog in the original hunt, but I can tell you that I support the decision and am EMBARRASED at some of our long standing members atitudes towards this.

If some of you want to pay the $450 yourself and continue camping this weekend, by all means you're more than welcome too.  Nobody has said that many of you can't continue your normally scheduled plans.
Chunk the llama.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »

If I can get up the staires to the puter there are some things I should and need to add. Settel down please!!! Ride safe ride long
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hooter

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »

This is for you Brock and all that made the decision to cancel, had I not been asked to work, kinda at the last moment so to say, I probably would have pulled the plug to. I feel the right decision was made by the BOD for concern of everybody, cause nobody needs to be getting sick and such right now, especially the kids. For those of us that are fortunate enough not to have a big motorhome or travel trailer to stay in it would have been a miserable weekend trying to stay warm and dry not counting trying to sleep on the wet cold ground. Personally I think August is a great month to have it rescheduled too. The heat shouldn't bother the one's with A/C anymore than the cold and rain of this coming weekend. I support y'alls decision 100%   :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
If anybody has a problem with what I just said, you can contact me @
hooter2005@sbcglobal.net to keep the language off this public forum.
)-(ooter

Gupone

• Tejano
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2009, 11:10:05 AM »

Personally, I just think for the ones that are upset are more upset in that a couple folks made the decision for everyone so quickly.  Maybe what should have been done was to send out a post a week ago and ask if there was anyone that might still want to go even if the weather was going to be bad as everyone knew the possibility if they were looking at the weather forecast. Then the person who put up the money could have had time to collect from the few that still wanted to do it.   :thumbup:

Obviously, anyone can still take off right now and head on out and do what they want but again I just think folks were upset that a few made the decision for everyone. 

I still say let’s look at another week real soon at a different venue even if we do not want to call it "Spring Thing".  We can still keep the Aug dates so we can have another event but if you’re like me then you are getting stir crazy and are ready to get out and have some fun.    :cool2:
VTX 1800N Spec2 V&H Long Shots.

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2009, 12:05:38 PM »

It took $450 to reserve the ability for everyone TO show up.  This is not "a money making scheme" as some of you appear to be accusing.  That money was originally paid out of Randy's pocket.  No different than me paying out of my pocket to keep this site running.  The weekends left to keep the reservations and money paid down were limited.  You need to take a step back and relax to take a look at the big picture.

This decision was decided at the last minute by a couple of members of the BOD and guess who else...KENNY.  It was not voted on as I do not see there was time to do so.  I received a call saying it was rescheduled and agreed with the decision based on what the circumstances were.

KENNY, agreed to have the BOD absorb the initial cost of the rally.  How many of you would have ponied up $450 of your own money only HOPING it would be reimbursed by those who show up?  Especially, on a cold and wet weekend?  Those of you with RV's need to think about the campers with tents.

I had no dog in the original hunt, but I can tell you that I support the decision and am EMBARRASED at some of our long standing members atitudes towards this.

If some of you want to pay the $450 yourself and continue camping this weekend, by all means you're more than welcome too.  Nobody has said that many of you can't continue your normally scheduled plans.

Dang Brock, now your on the attack, should of known this was coming. Guess my membership is next on the admistrators/moderators/presidents chopping block.   :stickpoke:

First of all don't confuse what i wrote. I said it was about the money not "making money". Believe it or not I know all about the money issues experienced at the spring fling the first couple of years, been to all 3 flings. Just as I'am aware that Randy fronted the money for the camp site. I'am also completely aware of the fact that this is a popular area for campers and the resevations are limited. I think you may be reading a little to much in between the lines instead of whats on the lines. I'll try it again, just for you Brock. The original point was to convey that maybe more communication as a whole should take place before making decisions. This is definetly not the first time this has happened. Well at least I know how the BOD got involved, wasn't a total waist of typing. :thumbup:

Hooter made a good point, i'll follow his lead. send questions, comments and any other stuff to.
jjcrews2@suddenlink.net

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal