Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: M&G 2/14/07  (Read 9995 times)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: M&G 2/14/07
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 10:28:51 PM »

Maybe I should get a spell check like this guy:

Candidate for a Pullet Surprise
by Jerrold H. Zar

I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when eye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The checker pours o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore a veiling checker's
Hour spelling mite decline,
And if we're lacks oar have a laps,
We wood bee maid too wine.

Butt now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
Their are know fault's with in my cite,
Of nun eye am a wear.

Now spelling does knot phase me,
It does knot bring a tier.
My pay purrs awl due glad den
With wrapped word's fare as hear.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should bee proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaw's are knot aloud.

Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear four pea seas,
And why eye brake in two averse
Buy righting want too pleas.

:D

enjoyed that Sherri. Thanks
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 11:33:47 PM »

maybe you need to use this version

oh, and the meet is thursday at Bill's, right?

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 07:36:30 AM »

Let's see. If it is 38 degrees farenheit (ambient)  and you are traveling seventy mph exposed on a motorcycle, the temperature that you actually experience is........MINUS 10,000...... Celsius.  :o

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 08:38:31 AM »

Let's see. If it is 38 degrees farenheit (ambient)  and you are traveling seventy mph exposed on a motorcycle, the temperature that you actually experience is........MINUS 10,000...... Celsius.  :o

:'( :'( :'(

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »

Actually, it would be -6 C, or 21 F. Looking forward to the ride?
02 1800C

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »

Fair weather riders :(
Quit your crying.  It's just a little cold........It's not like it's raining. Bundle up and wear leather or water proof textile fabric ( My preffered fabric for cold weather ). O0
I will not be going because it's at Bill's............. not because it's cold or the people attending.
Besides............... I was looking forward to sharing meat with Becca!  Scoot over Sherri.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 10:49:02 AM by bluestreak »
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 12:10:02 PM »

yeah, yeah.....

rah, rah, rah for all the real men.

on the way home and that cold damp, seventy five mph wind is biting through whatever you have on...just keep repeating over and over.....

this is really fun. i'm so glad I did this.....LOL

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 12:27:32 PM »

Man, we've got the grammar police AND the math police...did you make straight A's in school???

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 02:47:38 PM »

Man, we've got the grammar police AND the math police...did you make straight A's in school???

we've also got the real police, jason....

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 03:49:44 PM »

we've also got the real police, jason....

Yeah, but he doesn't count...sort of... ;)  He's one of the "good guys"!  O0

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 04:07:46 PM »

yeah, yeah.....
rah, rah, rah for all the real men. on the way home and that cold damp, seventy five mph wind is biting through whatever you have on...just keep repeating over and over.....

Being a real man has nothing to do with being comfortable on the bike.  If your getting cold when your riding...............you just don't have the right gear on and your fairing isn't worth a AppleSauce because it's not blocking enough wind for you.  Yes, the good cold weather gear is expensive and little more bulkier than the normal everyday stuff, but if you buy cheap stuff you'll freeze your Cranberries off. ( Hello Sherrie......are you listening????  Poor thing froze her fingers off the last time I rode with her. )  Your choice.    I choose to be comfortable.......so I spend the bucks on quality motorcycle specific riding gear so I can ride on more days than most people.  Actually if you shop around and know what your looking for you can find the right gear at great prices.  I bought a textile fabric water/wind proof jacket with C.E armor for $110.00 during a clearance sale that normally sells for over $ 300.00.  BMW sells a similar jacket for about $ 500.00.  It's the best cold and water rig I've ever seen or used at any price.  Textile nylon is a great biker apparrale material but it needs to have a breathable water barrier material like GoreTex or something similar to be comfortable.  The only draw back to Textile that I don't like is that it dosen't offer the abbrasion resistantance leather does.  But I'll accept that draw back because on cold days I won't be rat racing around so the chance of going down due to my mistake is greatly reduced.  On the days I'm pushing the envelope.............it's leather or nothing.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 04:15:28 PM by bluestreak »
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »

yeah, yeah.....
rah, rah, rah for all the real men. on the way home and that cold damp, seventy five mph wind is biting through whatever you have on...just keep repeating over and over.....

Being a real man has nothing to do with being comfortable on the bike.  If your getting cold when your riding...............you just don't have the right gear on and your fairing isn't worth a AppleSauce because it's not blocking enough wind for you.  Yes, the good cold weather gear is expensive and little more bulkier than the normal everyday stuff, but if you buy cheap stuff you'll freeze your Cranberries off. ( Hello Sherrie......are you listening????  Poor thing froze her fingers off the last time I rode with her. )  Your choice.    I choose to be comfortable.......so I spend the bucks on quality motorcycle specific riding gear so I can ride on more days than most people.  Actually if you shop around and know what your looking for you can find the right gear at great prices.  I bought a textile fabric water/wind proof jacket with C.E armor for $110.00 during a clearance sale that normally sells for over $ 300.00.  BMW sells a similar jacket for about $ 500.00.  It's the best cold and water rig I've ever seen or used at any price.  Textile nylon is a great biker apparrale material but it needs to have a breathable water barrier material like GoreTex or something similar to be comfortable.  The only draw back to Textile that I don't like is that it dosen't offer the abbrasion resistantance leather does.  But I'll accept that draw back because on cold days I won't be rat racing around so the chance of going down due to my mistake is greatly reduced.  On the days I'm pushing the envelope.............it's leather or nothing.

well...ok Mike

all that... or you can just take a car now and then and turn on the heater....lol

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »

well...ok Mike
all that... or you can just take a car now and then and turn on the heater....lol
[/quote]

Just sharing info for those who might care to know. O0
And yes.......... you can always choose to drive a car if you want because it's toooooooooo coolddddddddddd for you. ::)
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 05:36:13 PM »

yeah, yeah.....

well...ok Mike

thats true, unless of course you dont have a car to turn the heater on in  ;)

ill brave the cold, doesnt bother me too much, but unless i absolutely have to, i try to stay away from rain...

see yall tomorrow O0

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 05:49:47 PM »

yeah, yeah.....

What ever ::) they were "Harley" Gloves and they definatley weren't cheap because they were "Harley" gloves. I think Harley makes what qualifies as motorcycle gear, real leather and everything. Bought them on sale for $40 normally $75. hehe, but you know I still think I am going to get me a pair of those work gloves Dar had if they have a smaller size.

That aside cold is cold not many people want to ride in less then 40 degress. Yes I am a wimp when it is cold out. I'll be in the cage :)

In fact I think it's pretty cold right now and I am at home, think I'll turn on th fire place.

blah blah blah
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:54:40 PM by sherri »

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal