Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Home Owners Insurance  (Read 282 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Home Owners Insurance
« on: September 24, 2014, 12:27:56 PM »

My current company is Cypress Texas Lloyds and while other companies want to charge me from $2400-$5000 a year for Home Owners Insurance they have been very reasonable at $1600/yr.  My agent will no longer be representing this company and now I am faced with a delima.  My first thought is to sign up with an agent that does carry CTL but I got to thinking, why not test the waters?  So, here is the big question:  Does anyone know of a A rated insurance company that doesn't overcharge the heck out of you to insure a house?  I have never had a claim and my credit is good so there won't be a problem unless they cap the home value at $400K like Geico.   I am not interested in calling every Allstate, Farmers and AIG agent in Texas, just agents that represent good companies that don't charge double what they should.  Cypress Texas has been a really good insurance company for me and they are very highly rated.  My Nationwide agent lost my business on the cars when I was able to save over 50% by switching to Geico, now they lost my home owners.....after 20 years they aren't lifting a finger to keep my business.  You would think with 2 cars, a bike and a house and NO CLAIMS they would be dying to keep my business.  Guess they are figuring on the law of averages.   
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Home Owners Insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »

I think insurance companies don't fight for your business if you haven't had any claims, they figure the've got your money , no claims yet so your due for one.
Exact same thing happened to me years ago with State Farm. Was with them for more than 10 years, got a good offer from Allstate, SF agent said it looked like a good deal and I should take it. Last summer, I filed a roof  claim with Allstate  which they denied. I filed again in March of this year and they paid for a new roof. Then in May they sent me a cancellation notice saying my roof was bad based on pics from last summer. I called them and told them I had a new roof and they paid for it. They wanted me to take pictures of the new roof and send them all kinds of invoices from the contractor. I told them to stuff it and to cancell my car insurance as well. I had been with AllState for 15 years. A coupla weeks later the agent called and asked why? I told him what happened and he said " Looks like I've lost a good customer. " He wanted me because I went for a long time with no claim and now he found out he paid one and wanted a chance to get his money back. What a cluster. With Farmers now.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: Home Owners Insurance
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 07:04:48 AM »

I think insurance companies don't fight for your business if you haven't had any claims, they figure the've got your money , no claims yet so your due for one.
Exact same thing happened to me years ago with State Farm. Was with them for more than 10 years, got a good offer from Allstate, SF agent said it looked like a good deal and I should take it. Last summer, I filed a roof  claim with Allstate  which they denied. I filed again in March of this year and they paid for a new roof. Then in May they sent me a cancellation notice saying my roof was bad based on pics from last summer. I called them and told them I had a new roof and they paid for it. They wanted me to take pictures of the new roof and send them all kinds of invoices from the contractor. I told them to stuff it and to cancell my car insurance as well. I had been with AllState for 15 years. A coupla weeks later the agent called and asked why? I told him what happened and he said " Looks like I've lost a good customer. " He wanted me because I went for a long time with no claim and now he found out he paid one and wanted a chance to get his money back. What a cluster. With Farmers now.

I am working with an agent for the Cypress Texas Lloyds where I have it now, just need to change agents.  I am just worried that he will come back with a bigger number than what I am now paying.  Funny thing is, my deductable for most stuff is 2% which is a hellava lot of money....more than a new roof.  Sucks that I have to pay more and will never get the chance to use it even if a hurricane blows my roof off.  My house would have to burn down to get to that deductable. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal