Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Next Northside Meet  (Read 5465 times)

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Next Northside Meet
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 07:39:58 AM »

Food was fine, scenery even better :P I think they use the cooking method from your avatar ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 10:41:37 AM by kencoll »
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

Y2DXPOWER

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 07:46:26 AM »

WTF >:( >:(              At 11:30am it's T-Bones. Thanks for changing it in the middle of the Chicken Sandwich day O0 I guess just TarterSauce everybody that goes to work in the morning and doesn't have internet access during the day. Way to go Southside, get your AppleSauce together, don't wait till the last minute to make a decision when everyone tries to include all areas of town to make it fair. Extremely inconsiderate. 85 miles for nothing.

Hey man... don't take it that personal... usually a place is suggested and the 2 or three people vote to approve or disapprove of the place...  only three people show up at the other place...  if you don't have internet access at work I'll PM you my cell # and you can call me or call anyone you know from the board so they can tell you if the place changed... usually it does not change once the votes are in. in this case the T-Bone Tomes did not make the cut.  

P.S.  I once showed up to a M&G and no one else did.  I know the feeling, but hey it was a nice night for a ride.

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 08:26:10 AM »

I didn't take it personal. My point was that changing the location at 4pm is BS. I'll change up what area I'll being working in Wednesdays based on where the M&G will be. Once I leave the house, if the location is changed, I'm screwed. I also never know when I'll finish work each day. I just thought it was rude and inconsiderate the way this was done. I wish the M&G location could be decided a day or two in advance. Southside dropped the ball by not picking a location.
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

Y2DXPOWER

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 09:23:52 AM »

I didn't take it personal. My point was that changing the location at 4pm is BS. I'll change up what area I'll being working in Wednesdays based on where the M&G will be. Once I leave the house, if the location is changed, I'm screwed. I also never know when I'll finish work each day. I just thought it was rude and inconsiderate the way this was done. I wish the M&G location could be decided a day or two in advance. Southside dropped the ball by not picking a location.

they always do...  I hate to say this, it will happen again...  you have a pm

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 10:33:02 AM »

Well, I wouldn't put all the blame on the southsiders, this meet did not have its own thread and was posted under the next northside meet.  ??? And I think Brock is a southsider.  ??? Yeah, its all your fault Brock.  ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »

Sure, I guess I can take the blame.  It's not the first time a meet has changed in the middle of the day.  Part of this process as of late has been some last minute decision making so I would have expected people to check and make sure things haven't changed.  Nobody was making a decision so I threw a place out there.  I got two "it sucks" so it was changed at the last minute.  Not the best policy, but when phone numbers haven't been exchanged around the board, this is the only way we communicate.

I'm not saying it was right the place changed, but considering the response I got nobody wanted Tom's.
Chunk the llama.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 11:43:29 AM »

Have to agree with Kencoll on this one, guys.  I rode 2 hours, looped thru the lot, left and went to Tookie's.  What a disappointment for this to happen.   >:(

SUGGESTION:  We have a calendar.  USE IT!!!  Start a rotation that has been long discussed, but seldom followed.  Post the location on the calendar a month at a time.  Let someone from each side of town be the "designee" for that side, and they pick the spots.  Sure makes planning easier for those of us who aren't just right around the corner!
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

Y2DXPOWER

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »

On a different note, it was a great M&G  the food was good and the company was even better...  see you guys next week... :)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 09:15:16 PM »

Hey Ken went by T Bones not many people there actually drove by and then came back to the house but I love pretty close.I can understand the feeling driving all that way and going to the wrong place.Whoever came up with it maybe they should post their cell for those of us that cannot check before we leave work to call great idea.I work in Freeport now so have to get home in a hurry and get ready to go.Well was the first one I was able to go to and still did not make it lol
Alvin,Texas
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal