Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lone Star Rally Hotels  (Read 12919 times)

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Lone Star Rally Hotels
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 09:09:09 AM »

Hey rod181.  What hotel? The last i read you were staying at the Flagship.  If so that is close to the area they are setting up venders.

He changed to this hotel..

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=696.0
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 04:13:28 PM »

yeah cheaper so more money for toys lol  O0
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

Todd

• Tejano
  • HA HA Avatar works! (now if I'd only update it)
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 10:14:46 PM »

The Commodore:

Right on the beach (seawall), close enough to everything.  You can see your bike in the parking lot (from your room door).   

$149.00/night
Requires a check 30 days in advance (will not take a credit card).  Will accept credit card for second night.

Stayed there last year - but thinking..........what's a better place?

Todd

depends on what you want. They are now closing six blocks of from the Hotel Galvez to the Flagship! To me the traffic around the Flagship will be horrrible.

Are you looking for something that cost less than the commodore or is it $149 up front money that bothers you?

Here is where a lot of the folks seem to be staying http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=696.msg8105#new - darn good rates.

I have been looking at the Flagship which is built out over the Gulf.  However it cost twice what they are paying at the Beachcomber Inn.  I was quoted $79 for Wed & Thur and $89 for Fri for a room with a balcony.

Some of the folks are staying in rented beach houses.  Don't know the cost per person of these.  Guess it depends on how many folks are allowed to stay in the houses.

Jerry

Well, I'm not thrilled with the price, especially since the place is getting a bit run down.  The location is great though - right on the sea wall.  The down payment check policy is ridiculous these days (everything's electronic).  I asked if they would accept guaranteed reservations, so they get their money regardless.  Nope, they want a check.

Todd 
Swing the Swappers!

thriftmaster

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 03:33:27 PM »

For what it's worth, A couple of weeks ago, I checked online for room rates at The Beachcomber and they were $139.
After reading this post, I called them direct and reserved two rooms for $39.00.

A day or two later I got to worrying about them not honoring my reservation when I show up so I called them and asked for written confirmation. She acted like I'd called her a bad name but she sent me a fax.

I feel better now.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 04:48:14 PM »

For what it's worth, A couple of weeks ago, I checked online for room rates at The Beachcomber and they were $139.
After reading this post, I called them direct and reserved two rooms for $39.00.

A day or two later I got to worrying about them not honoring my reservation when I show up so I called them and asked for written confirmation. She acted like I'd called her a bad name but she sent me a fax.

I feel better now.

smart move in my opinion...
Bigbear

07 Big Bear Chopper

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »

yes i will have to do that too
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 08:20:39 PM »

Hey Paul, I have made reservation for the LOne Star in Galveston.  Called direct two days ago and the rooms were 39.95 and 42.95.  Just thought I would pass this along.  Seeya in Galveston

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 08:26:28 PM »

Hey Paul, I have made reservation for the LOne Star in Galveston.  Called direct two days ago and the rooms were 39.95 and 42.95.  Just thought I would pass this along.  Seeya in Galveston

Awesome  O0 How many days you staying? I may have a gathering Thursday night at my pad  ;)
Bigbear

07 Big Bear Chopper

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 08:27:30 PM »

I feel better now.

smart move in my opinion...
That's why they call him...Thriftmaster
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 06:10:53 PM »

O0   :-X
Bigbear

07 Big Bear Chopper

bigbird99

• Tejano
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 07:38:09 AM »

BIG PRO I WILL SEE YOU THURSDAY NIGHT LATE . BILL AND I WILL TRY TO GET OUT OF HERE AS EARLEY AS WE CAN HOPE AROUND 4:00. THAT SHOULD PUT US THERE AROUND 10:00. CALL ME IF YOU THINK OF ANY THING WE NEED TO BRING. BIGBIRD99 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
new big dog chopper  S&S 107 V&H pipes 250 REAR MORE CHROME THAN YOU WOUNT TO POLISH

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 07:46:02 AM »

BIG PRO I WILL SEE YOU THURSDAY NIGHT LATE . BILL AND I WILL TRY TO GET OUT OF HERE AS EARLEY AS WE CAN HOPE AROUND 4:00. THAT SHOULD PUT US THERE AROUND 10:00. CALL ME IF YOU THINK OF ANY THING WE NEED TO BRING. BIGBIRD99 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

money!!!
Bigbear

07 Big Bear Chopper
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal