Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Helmets @ LSR ??  (Read 3740 times)

bgreer

Helmets @ LSR ??
« on: October 28, 2006, 04:57:31 PM »

For those of you who have been before, have there been any problems with people getting tickets for not having the sticker...I have med. ins. but have not had the MSF course, and have no sticker....my ins card has no mention of medical coverage on it...just wondering about yalls experience and knowledge on this subject..

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: Helmets @ LSR ??
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 07:12:32 PM »

Dayum man, first pic I've seen of your bike...Looks like about four to five more horsepower! Looks great!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 07:32:30 PM »

Well from my experience last year did not see alot of bikers that were being pulled over unles it was something pretty serious.I do know you do a burn out and it will cost you big time and if ya do not have the money off you go.With all the bikes on and off the Strand and the rubber neckers that act like they have never seen a bike keeping mine on lol.
Alvin,Texas

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:37:11 PM »

I've never seen any problems with that issue before. You DO need to adhere to the speed limits. They'll pull you over in a group, and start writing tickets. That...I've seen numerous times.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 10:24:40 PM »

I've never seen any problems with that issue before. You DO need to adhere to the speed limits. They'll pull you over in a group, and start writing tickets. That...I've seen numerous times.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! That's how I make my quotas ;).
02 1800C

bgreer

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 02:40:21 AM »

Dayum man, first pic I've seen of your bike...Looks like about four to five more horsepower! Looks great!

Thanks Snake, It actually looks different in person...I'm not a good enough photog. to get the color of the flames to come out in a pic, and you can't see the blue pearl in the white either...lookin forward to seein ya at the rally

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 06:06:40 AM »

I've had the course and don't remember ever getting a sticker. I've been stopped a few times for what the officers considered speeding and didn't have a helmet on and have never been ask for the sticker.

What does this sticker you speak of look like? I've heard of it but never have seen one.

I drug my helmet out earlier in the week because of the cold...I still hate it.  :(
It causes head buffeting, restricted peripheral vision, restricted hearing because of increased wind noise and it makes me feel claustrophobic. Wear your helmet!

BigPro said helmets will be required at all Xrider functions even when you are not on your bike. However, visors can be raised. This rule is to cut down on the swapping of germs by old friends who will want to kiss on the lips at the first greeting. You know who you are. This rule will be discontinued on Saturday at dusk.

Parking of White bikes will be the responsibility of the Galveston Sanitation Dept. You will be allowed to park in front of any dumpster.  :D ;) ;D  No parking sticker required!  O0

I dreamed that I fell from a building last night. I know it was a dream because I woke up when I hit the floor. Should have had my helmet on because I woke with swampitis.  ;D

Five Days  :D  O0

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:17:06 AM by Dusty »

bgreer

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 06:55:51 AM »

I've had the course and don't remember ever getting a sticker. I've been stopped a few times for what the officers considered speeding and didn't have a helmet on and have never been ask for the sticker.

What does this sticker you speak of look like? I've heard of it but never have seen one.

I drug my helmet out earlier in the week because of the cold...I still hate it.  :(
It causes head buffeting, restricted peripheral vision, restricted hearing because of increased wind noise and it makes me feel claustrophobic. Wear your helmet!

BigPro said helmets will be required at all Xrider functions even when you are not on your bike. However, visors can be raised. This rule is to cut down on the swapping of germs by old friends who will want to kiss on the lips at the first greeting. You know who you are. This rule will be discontinued on Saturday at dusk.

Parking of White bikes will the responsibility of the Galveston Sanitation Dept. You will be allowed to park in front of any dumpster.  :D ;) ;D  No parking sticker required!  O0

I dreamed that I fell from a building last night. I know it was a dream because I woke up when I hit the floor. Should have had my helmet on because I woke with swampitis.  ;D

Five Days  :D  O

Well, don't park your bike near any dumpster Bill...you'll be re-claiming it the nearest landfill....Bill's anti-theft device...keep it so dirty the no self repecting theif would dare steal it..just kiddin bro
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:04:27 AM by bgreer »

Dusty

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 07:27:02 AM »

Parking of White bikes will the responsibility of the Galveston Sanitation Dept. You will be allowed to park in front of any dumpster.  :D ;) ;D  No parking sticker required!  O0

Five Days  :D  O

Well, don't park your bike near any dumpster Bill...you'll be re-claiming it the nearest landfill....Bill's anti-theft device...keep it so dirty the no self repecting theif would dare steal it..just kiddin bro

NO, you were not kidding. I know you. But that is why my name is Dusty. I'm adding an extra layer of dirt just for you "Mr.Blingmiester" !!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

bgreer

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 07:31:19 AM »

Hey, Patti said Hi...and she is being nosy...wants to know about the new GF, and if you want to go ridin today

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 09:08:18 AM »

Parking of White bikes will be the responsibility of the Galveston Sanitation Dept. You will be allowed to park in front of any dumpster.  :D ;) ;D  No parking sticker required!  O0

You have to get the sticker from the DOT. After you show proof of coverage and all they give you a sticker to place on you plate. Texas does have a helmet law and that is it. You can go topless as long as you have the sticker. It's one of those laws you never see enforced unless the cop is a a$$hole........ stickler for the law!

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »

The City od Galveston is one of the sponsors so they are pretty cool about everything unless you are an idiot.

Burn outs, reckless driving and so on. >:(
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

RedDragon

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 08:51:42 AM »

No problem last year.

Here is the link to the application form to get the sticker:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/msb.doc

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 01:39:31 PM »

You have to get the sticker from the DOT. After you show proof of coverage and all they give you a sticker to place on you plate. Texas does have a helmet law and that is it. You can go topless as long as you have the sticker. It's one of those laws you never see enforced unless the cop is a a$$hole........ stickler for the law!

Did not think coverage was an option in texas!

MODS Who has those things???? Ride it like you Stole it......

RedDragon

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 09:47:36 PM »

Did not think coverage was an option in texas!

I have been stopped twice because I did not have that silly sticker

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal