Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Parking Pass  (Read 4078 times)

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
Parking Pass
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »

I read where you can purchase the parking pass/permits for lone star either on-line or at any area hooters for half price of what they will be the weekend of the rally.  That is a $5 savings as they will be $10 on the weekend.
'02 C with a few extras

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Parking Pass
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 03:37:11 PM »

saw that. Great reason to gp by HOOTERS.. :o
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 06:32:18 PM »

Get your pass online at:

http://www.lonestarrally.com/
06 1300R  Black Cherry, Fox Creek Saddlebags w/easy brackets & windshield bag, Memphis Windshield, NC Light Bar, 1800C risers, Paladin backrest and rack, Fatty bar with Longhorn Dually pegs.

VTXDEMON

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 08:01:01 PM »

THANKS FOR THE LINK...I just ordered mine on line   :)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:18:16 PM »

Ya.....us too.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

bgreer

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 12:49:57 PM »

Is the parking pass the only cost for this rally???

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 05:21:08 PM »

I read where you can purchase the parking pass/permits for lone star either on-line or at any area hooters for half price of what they will be the weekend of the rally.  That is a $5 savings as they will be $10 on the weekend.

That means I have to buy 10 wings and a pitcher of beer to save $5. Cause if I stop by Hooters that's what I will end up getting. :o  ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

shiloh

• Rider
  • Prosper, TX
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 09:15:44 PM »

For us LSR newbies, is this parking pass necessary? or a convience?  What happens if we don't have one?

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »

Last year I went to the M&G Friday night and to the Rally Saturday afternoon/night. I did not have a parking pass and niether did the people I was with. We basically found the closest parking we could and walked. I wasn't even aware of a parking pass, but you did have to pay $5.00 to ride down the Strand. Maybe that was the parking pass?? That was the only Rally cost I remember.

This year it is at the Seawall maybe that will make the difference. It says your parking pass is good for any parking lot or street under Rally control. The real question is what streets/parking lots are under Rally control? 

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Dusty

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 06:20:40 AM »

Well, I bought two parking tickets before thinking about it being limited to certain spots.  :-\

It also looks like this thing is going to be spread over four areas. The Strand, Harbor Side, Destination Seawall with Camping and Concert on Bolivar Peninsula. Which if I'm not mistaken Bolivar is completely off the Island on the other side of the shipping channel and a ferry ride away.

I bet the areas under rally control are just the spots highlighted in yellow. http://www.lonestarrally.com/Map.jpg

Bill

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

I would imagine that the "parking pass" will cover parking on the strand and seawall in the areas that will be sectioned off.  Keeping in mind that unless you get there early the strand is usually very crowded (but you can usually find a spot). 

Just depends on what your cup of tea is as to whether you purchase a pass or not because like sherri said.......there is usually parking a block off and it is just as good.
'02 C with a few extras

galpd320

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 09:33:19 AM »

For us LSR newbies, is this parking pass necessary? or a convience?  What happens if we don't have one?

Take my advice.... ;)

The parking pass will probably be a wise investment.

1. For convenience...It will be good in all event areas (Strand/Harborside [which are walking distance from each other] and Seawall.
2. Parking will be less crowded in these areas because not everyone will have the parking passes.
3. You won't have to wait in long lines to get one when you realize parking is better in these areas.
4. Your bike will be close when walking in the event areas.

And especially beleive me when I say...

5. You really do not want to park your bike immediately outside of any of these areas. The event areas will have lots of security and just outside of them will not and aren't exactly desireable areas.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 10:17:17 AM »

Take my advice.... ;)

The parking pass will probably be a wise investment.

1. For convenience...It will be good in all event areas (Strand/Harborside [which are walking distance from each other] and Seawall.
2. Parking will be less crowded in these areas because not everyone will have the parking passes.
3. You won't have to wait in long lines to get one when you realize parking is better in these areas.
4. Your bike will be close when walking in the event areas.

And especially beleive me when I say...

5. You really do not want to park your bike immediately outside of any of these areas. The event areas will have lots of security and just outside of them will not and aren't exactly desireable areas.

What do you know??  You were only a cop in Glaveston  :P
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 11:43:41 AM »

I'm glad I spent the $5 O0 O0 Better safe than sorry. ::) ::)

mshearnex

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 12:32:35 PM »

The streets in the Strand area all have names.  The avenues and the numbered streets run parallel and perpendicular to the Seawall.  According to your diagram all of the streets available for parking are in the downtown strand area.  Basically it looks like the same streets that were motorcycle only traffic last year.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 12:34:48 PM by mshearnex »
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal