Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: **Lone Star Rally Update** Please Read  (Read 4042 times)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
**Lone Star Rally Update** Please Read
« on: September 28, 2006, 11:11:12 AM »

I just received the up to date info on the Lone Star Rally Meet and Greet. Everything is still a go.
Keep your reservations intact, and plan to attend the Meet and Greet at Seabrook on Friday night.

For those of you wondering, like myself, what has been going on, here's the jest of the story:

There were some e mails sent, and some "biting comments" made, concerning the resturant reservations, food, and the amount of $$$ needed to put together some of the functions that were being planned. Accusations had been made, that Paul was trying to skim some money off the top for personal gain. Which I personally take offense too myself, and I can appreciate from my own experiences in handling these matters, it can be very disheartning, and frustrating. Based on what I was told, I don't condemn him for wanting to step away from the whole thing. No one is getting paid for their time and effort in these matters, and it's always being coordinated with the best intrest of everyone in mind.

That being said, everyone has to understand, that trying to set up a function for 100+ people, is very taxing for the coordinator. We all know you can't please everyone, all the time, and sometimes, it's you. That's where you personally have to remind yourself of this fact, and decide if you want to attend, or not, and if not, then keep it to yourself. Don't complain when other's have put their time and effort into something they thought you might appreciate. Look at the big picture. You didn't have too put it together. All you had to do was show up! We all complain about other peoples inconsiderations, but when do we start looking at ourselves? I, for one, appreciate all the effort that has been put into this functions. I think Paul has done a great job the last 2 years, and he was trying to take this function to the next level this year.

This organization is "a pay as you go" organization. Those of you that are older members, voted it that way. Since it is that way, there's several words that you must remember: Faith, Trust, & Appreciation. If you're not willing to believe in, or act on, the meaning of these words, you may be in the wrong place. I apoligize, that this may be too strong for some, but this isn't the "Left Coast", and that's the way you wanted it, and that's the way it is.

In closing: Paul, Again, I appreciate everything you've done to promote the Organization, and this particular function. I can't think of a better man (or woman) for the job. You bring excitement, and fun into everything you do. Please, set all this aside, and get back into the fight. I need you in there, and all the Texas X Riders need you.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

evilashx

• Old Timer
    • www.AccurateConstructionTexas.com
Re: **Lone Star Rally Update** Please Read
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:19:14 PM »

Pretty much sums up my feelings....good post RD.
Your worlk is very appreciated Paul..... you are still a biatch though... ;D ;D

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 01:18:45 PM »

I just received the up to date info on the Lone Star Rally Meet and Greet. Everything is still a go.
Keep your reservations intact, and plan to attend the Meet and Greet at Seabrook on Friday night.

For those of you wondering, like myself, what has been going on, here's the jest of the story:

There were some e mails sent, and some "biting comments" made, concerning the resturant reservations, food, and the amount of $$$ needed to put together some of the functions that were being planned. Accusations had been made, that Paul was trying to skim some money off the top for personal gain. Which I personally take offense too myself, and I can appreciate from my own experiences in handling these matters, it can be very disheartning, and frustrating. Based on what I was told, I don't condemn him for wanting to step away from the whole thing. No one is getting paid for their time and effort in these matters, and it's always being coordinated with the best intrest of everyone in mind.

That being said, everyone has to understand, that trying to set up a function for 100+ people, is very taxing for the coordinator. We all know you can't please everyone, all the time, and sometimes, it's you. That's where you personally have to remind yourself of this fact, and decide if you want to attend, or not, and if not, then keep it to yourself. Don't complain when other's have put their time and effort into something they thought you might appreciate. Look at the big picture. You didn't have too put it together. All you had to do was show up! We all complain about other peoples inconsiderations, but when do we start looking at ourselves? I, for one, appreciate all the effort that has been put into this functions. I think Paul has done a great job the last 2 years, and he was trying to take this function to the next level this year.

This organization is "a pay as you go" organization. Those of you that are older members, voted it that way. Since it is that way, there's several words that you must remember: Faith, Trust, & Appreciation. If you're not willing to believe in, or act on, the meaning of these words, you may be in the wrong place. I apoligize, that this may be too strong for some, but this isn't the "Left Coast", and that's the way you wanted it, and that's the way it is.

In closing: Paul, Again, I appreciate everything you've done to promote the Organization, and this particular function. I can't think of a better man (or woman) for the job. You bring excitement, and fun into everything you do. Please, set all this aside, and get back into the fight. I need you in there, and all the Texas X Riders need you.

RD, I have no problem in finishing this event to the end. The charges for the dinners is what the place is going to charge each and everyone who attends. I actually have to pay out of my pocket a week before the event for the food and recoup that when we eat. I have no problem in doing that.

There would be no reason for me to skim money and lose my friends of the Texas X Riders..

So I will finish the event all the way through and give 100% unless everyone tells me otherwise.
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 01:32:32 PM »

so do we still need a place for dinner on Sat or not......let me know
'02 C with a few extras

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 02:54:29 PM »

Very good O0  Well said RD.  Paul, again let me know and I'll help any way I can.  You just need to tell me what you need done, and I'll do my best.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 03:29:33 PM »

Great post RD.  When the truth bursts forth, many must hang their head in shame.

I don't know Paul from diddly squat.  However, I choose to believe that absolutely NO member of this group would do anything underhanded for personal gain.  Thugs get sorted out sooner or later (German Pete) and Paul is still with us.  Am I naive?  Yep - guilty as charged.  But I need the biker karma and I sleep very well at night!!

So, with your excellent post and reminder that all the worker bees make the hive function - I join in a thank you to all that Paul has done and add the board and officers to the the list.

This ain't no Rah-Rah for bIgPrO - he is still a no-show for the stuff I go to. ;)
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

bigbird99

• Tejano
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 03:47:26 PM »

RD GREAT POST .I THINK YOU GOT THE MESSAGE ACROSS BIGPRO KEEP IT UP. WE ALL LOVE YOU AND NEED  YOUR HELP. HA HA  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0    THANKS BIGBIRD99
new big dog chopper  S&S 107 V&H pipes 250 REAR MORE CHROME THAN YOU WOUNT TO POLISH

evilashx

• Old Timer
    • www.AccurateConstructionTexas.com
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 09:09:31 PM »

It is a thankless job. You can't please everyone and simply undertaking the task places a big bullseye on your back. Don't sweat the naysayers. Anyone with a brain appreciates what you are doing and have done in past rallies. Thanks Paul . Can't wait for the fun to begin......and the lava lamps!!! Let me know if I can help ..... I won't ....but let me know anyway... I don't want to give up my amateur status so I can still piss and moan when I please....j/k. See ya there bro.... Mark

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 10:23:02 PM »

RD thanks for clearing that up. Not going to say what I thought happened.

Paul you have done an outstanding job. It looked like you had everything under control. I know volunteering can be a thankless job, been there, done that they give you a spirit award just before they asked for something really big, then you say yes, and then you get burned out. 

You know we are a pretty laid back group, so if you need help with something just say what and someone will jump in and help. 

Glad to see you are back on the job, don't let us burn you out. ;)

Thanks

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 06:17:33 AM »

Thanks for the replies.

I am not looking for a pat on the back at all. Lets let this post die and I am looking forward to a great time O0 O0

Mark, I wouldn't ask for help from you ;D  Heck, you can't even stay in the same city very long. ;D O0
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 08:49:02 PM »

I will say "THANKS PAUL" for your hard work; lets put this behind us (who ever "us" is) for I never had a problem with the organizaiton of LSR event; and LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!!!!! :D :D
06 1300R  Black Cherry, Fox Creek Saddlebags w/easy brackets & windshield bag, Memphis Windshield, NC Light Bar, 1800C risers, Paladin backrest and rack, Fatty bar with Longhorn Dually pegs.

GATOR

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 10:06:06 AM »

RD, that is why you were voted in, because you "can handle it well " O0 O0 and this is all very hard to do over the web, it can be very frustrating at times  >:( :( ??? and takes a special person to hang in there,,,,,,,,,great job Paul  O0 O0 O0

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal