Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WHat the heck is going on here???????????  (Read 3801 times)

Claw

• Old Timer
  • Baytown
Re: WHat the heck is going on here???????????
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 08:16:57 PM »

Break out the 3D glasses  8) and send for more popcorn!   :-*

« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 08:21:05 PM by Claw »
03 1800C
05 GL1800

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 09:23:53 PM »

Alright Half-Pint. Don't make me come up there and give you a Texas Titty Twister. :D
Here ya go all stirrin' the stinky stuff.

Fact is, if ya wanna do a ride, post it.  8)

Then if it clashes with an officially sanctioned TXRA ride, we'll have you tarred and feathered and Tapper will lower you into a hole where he'll make you "put the lotion on it's skin" ;D
Displaced Texan.

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 09:31:12 PM »

;D  Jesus Crimany Grits, the only reason we have a president was to surcumvent the tax liability for a sponsored event. Lighten up, I do not want to have to pay dues, or have to make a minimum number of rides to stay in good graces with the club......It's just a bunch of VTxRers that like to ride. Ease up. No body said you couldn't ride alone.  That is all there is.......
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 12:17:25 AM »

Here are the presidential responsibilities as stated in the TxXriders bylaws:

"The President is responsible for the management of the association and shall insure compliance with the mission statement, objectives and policies of the association. He shall preside at meetings of the association. The President shall make all binding contracts for the organization, acquire equipment, supplies, etc. needed to operate the association and be responsible for analyzing, developing and implementing the procedures required for the day to day operation of the association. The President shall promote interest in the association and help all other officers of the association when needed.  The President shall be elected bi-annually through ballot mailed to the membership via email. The person receiving the most returned ballots becomes the president-elect for the association.  The Term of office shall be October 1 through September 31 of the second year.  In the event a President cannot continue to fulfill his duties, then a new ballot shall be sent to the membership after polling on the website for interested candidates.  All persons expressing a desire to serve in the office shall be added to the ballot.
The new president's powers shall be limited for forty-five (45) days. He/she may not authorize new spending, appoint new directors, or enact bylaw changes during this period, unless ratified by unanimous vote of the existing board.  If the President-Elect has been re-elected to a successive term, then the 45 day limitation is specifically waived.
At any time, in the event that 75% of the existing officers and directors of the association place a vote of “no confidence” in a sitting President, then the Vice President shall temporarily assume the duties of the president, and a new email election called and ballots sent to the membership.  In that event, the Vice Presidents duties shall be limited, and he/she may not authorize new spending, appoint new directors, or enact bylaw changes during this period."

That's the sum total of it folks. To appease the masses that were scared we would become a MC club and to be able to have a non profit status for a bank account, we elected the president with no strings attached, to meet financial responsibilities in particular.
The only reference to promoting rallies...etc is at the bottom of the bylaws and says:

"The association shall provide an Internet website.
The association shall promote and organize events and rallies on a regular basis.
The association shall provide members with the option of purchasing a TXRA patch.
The association shall endeavor to arrange for merchandise discounts for its membership.
The president and board may increase or decrease member benefits as necessary."

I guess you could read alot into that if you'd like, but I don't. As one other stupid Cranberries once proclaimed..."can't we all just get along?"

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 12:20:13 AM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 12:49:20 AM »

we'll have you tarred and feathered and Tapper will lower you into a hole where he'll make you "put the lotion on it's skin" ;D

Dang Steve, I think you're gettin' kinda' twisted! I like it!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 04:28:42 AM »

I hear bi.....That's wrong,...... I here by make a motion that the bylaws be made a sticky. Also the assistance list needs to be a sticky.

For those that need more structure, try these guys.

http://www.mavericks-mc.com/   O0
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal